Nick's NOPM £10 charity bet (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

Before the Arsenal game Nick kindly suggested a £10 charity bet, this was to prove whether he was correct in stating that as soon as we get popular opponents NOPM goes out of the window.

If you are someone who was vocal in their support of NOPM, but did then go to the Arsenal game, please be kind enough to reveal yourself.

Obviously you will be reminded of this every day by others on here, but as you cry yourself to sleep, do so in the knowledge that it was all for charity.

Note : Not all of Nick's quotes were in reply to me, hopefully it makes sense though.

Ahh but NOPM doesn't have any rules to say what you can and can't do. So keep shouting NOPM and frothing at the mouth while giving SISU your money.

The whole NOPM does seem to have died out, I can totally understand people not going to Sixfields. I am just talking about the rants about not "lining pockets" or "giving the devil money". The day out at Arsenal will probably get them more money than all of the Sixfields games put together though so who will it be supporting the club?

Which people are changing stance?

I guess the people who said they wouldn't give SISU money but then give them money.

So you don't know of any then.

Have you seen how angry and over the top some people were? Lots saying they wouldn't ever give them a penny.

Notice I said some, some others will refuse to go to arsenal and fair play to them

So can you name 10 people that stated NOPM and are now giving up on this?

I will once the game has happened to see who has 100% been :)

Read through the many other posts where I have put I hope loads do go to arsenal and have a good day out.

It is ok for people to have a pop at people who go to sixfields for giving money and supporting them, meanwhile stating they will never give them a penny yet as soon as a big game comes up they change. Of course people change their minds and can do what they want and again I hope they see a great game.

Not everybody who doesn't go to sixfields goes on about nopm, it's different reasons they don't go. Nopm stuff has gone quiet, with it being hammered in every thread.

Read the thread, im not lambasting anybody who goes to arsenal but don't let that stop you ;)

I thought you were waiting until after the game before stating people have changed their mind?

Yes because I can guarantee that people will, I'd bet a tenner for charity. You asked me to name them which I can't do until I know they have been?

Nice one, so 10 people who have posted they are committed to NOPM who you know have gone to the Arsenal game, my £10 will go towards my daughters friend http://www.bethanyswish.co.uk/

Nick

Administrator
So are you going to give the tenner if more than 10 went? :) I will wait to see if any admit it my tenner is safe knowing there will be 10, just will they admit it? :)

What about the fella who was giving people stick at Sixfields but went to Arsenal? He will be a safe bet.

You obviously have time on your hands finding quotes so as soon as you prove that no more than 10 people who supported NOPM went to Arsenal then I will send a tenner to the charity for the young city fan who passed away.

Edit: Apologies for assuming MichaelCCFC had given money to SISU.

Noggin

I went, I was an invited guest in the diamond club though and didn't buy a ticket (someones season ticket who invites guests each game), I wouldn't have gone had I had to pay, im happy that my attendance didn't give a penny to sisu. can argue amongst yourself if I count if it comes down to it.

harvey098

I abided by the NOPM until the Crawley game a couple of weeks ago. I felt NOPM wasn't working as there will always be a few thousand that will go whatever happens, so I decided to be selfish and support the team. I will go as oftn as I can from here onwards.

will am i

So are you going to give the tenner if more than 10 went? :) I will wait to see if any admit it (who didn't start NOPM but took over and pushed it heavily) my tenner is safe knowing there will be 10, just will they admit it? :)

What about the fella who was giving people stick at Sixfields but went to Arsenal? He will be a safe bet.

You obviously have time on your hands finding quotes so as soon as you prove that no more than 10 people who supported NOPM went to Arsenal then I will send a tenner to the charity for the young city fan who passed away.

I think you sometimes confuse NOPM with just not going to Sixfields. Personally been to every away game including cups but wont go to Sixfields and I dont care who we are playing. Just dont want to give any credibility to the idea that the move to Sixfields is ok. Not bothered with what anyone else wants to do. Seems a ridiculous thing to get in an argument about with fellow supporters. Think we are stuffed until SISU go though as I know many who are adamant they wont go to home games wherever they are if SISU are in charge.

Nick

Administrator
I think you sometimes confuse NOPM with just not going to Sixfields. Personally been to every away game including cups but wont go to Sixfields and I dont care who we are playing. Just dont want to give any credibility to the idea that the move to Sixfields is ok. Not bothered with what anyone else wants to do. Seems a ridiculous thing to get in an argument about with fellow supporters. Think we are stuffed until SISU go though as I know many who are adamant they wont go to home games wherever they are if SISU are in charge.

No, of course I know not everybody doesn't go because of NOPM, there are loads of reasons. At the start of the season some people were trying to say that NOPM was working and how many people supported NOPM because of attendances. I suspect this thread will be quiet though :)

lordsummerisle

Think I did an open bet the last transfer window closed that I would pay a tenner if Baker, Clarke, Wilson or Moussa were sold.

Could do with the money now after Christmas to be fair.

will am i

No, of course I know not everybody doesn't go because of NOPM, there are loads of reasons. At the start of the season some people were trying to say that NOPM was working and how many people supported NOPM because of attendances. I suspect this thread will be quiet though :)

They were just angry and confused about what they were signing up to. You dont have to hold people to this stuff forever and they are allowed to change their minds. If no one went to Sixfields Im sure it would have an impact. Cant believe the amount of people who stick up for SISU over the move - but each to their own. For balance I wouldnt defend the Council or ACL either. Need to support each other against the lot of them rather than bicker amongst ourselves. We are making their lives too easy

Nick

Administrator
They were just angry and confused about what they were signing up to. You dont have to hold people to this stuff forever and they are allowed to change their minds. If no one went to Sixfields Im sure it would have an impact. Cant believe the amount of people who stick up for SISU over the move - but each to their own. For balance I wouldnt defend the Council or ACL either. Need to support each other against the lot of them rather than bicker amongst ourselves. We are making their lives too easy

Nobody has stuck up for them and said it is a great move apart from a WUM. All I said was that I bet more than 10 who supported NOPM will go to the Emirates and give SISU money.

Sterling Archer

None of the NOPM lot from earlier on the season will ever admit to this as they wouldn't want to tarnish their self perceived persona of 'Superfan'.

Last edited:

MichaelCCFC

Certain posters are opposed to the sixfields boycott and dress up their opposition in different ways - and this is just another example. I don't see why people can't just accept that some people go to sixfields but the vast majority of City fans don't.

As for Nick claiming to know my whereabouts last Friday, I'm afraid he's making things up again. Now, if I had a tenner for every time that's happened I'd have quite a tidy sum.

And instead of the usual pointless bickering any chance of people getting behind http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884 or does that in some way contravene nopm, is pro/anti ac/sisu etc etc etc

magic82ball

I can honestly say I am NOPM and did not go to the Arsenal game, nor would I ever go to a game where they could profit until they change their course of action. I have a 2 year old son and its a fucking heartbreak having to kit him out in Ipswich Town garb to spare him the indignity of supporting this once proud club.

And Nick, NOPM is working, you might not be able to see it behind all the SISU posturing and smoke and mirrors but simple business dictates that you cannot function without customers. We might not see it bear fruit for another 5 years but believe me, it will have an effect eventually.

EDIT: However, I agree with Nick that there are at LEAST 10 fans fickle enough to part with their money who until recently would have been NOPM.

Nick

Administrator
Certain posters are opposed to the sixfields boycott and dress up their opposition in different ways - and this is just another example. I don't see why people can't just accept that some people go to sixfields but the vast majority of City fans don't.

As for Nick claiming to know my whereabouts last Friday, I'm afraid he's making things up again. Now, if I had a tenner for every time that's happened I'd have quite a tidy sum.

And instead of the usual pointless bickering any chance of people getting behind http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884 or does that in some way contravene nopm, is pro/anti ac/sisu etc etc etc

I apologise for being wrong :) Nobody is opposed to a boycott at all.

A tenner for every time I had made stuff up? Any more details?

Nick

Administrator
I can honestly say I am NOPM and did not go to the Arsenal game, nor would I ever go to a game where they could profit until they change their course of action. I have a 2 year old son and its a fucking heartbreak having to kit him out in Ipswich Town garb to spare him the indignity of supporting this once proud club.

And Nick, NOPM is working, you might not be able to see it behind all the SISU posturing and smoke and mirrors but simple business dictates that you cannot function without customers. We might not see it bear fruit for another 5 years but believe me, it will have an effect eventually.

EDIT: However, I agree with Nick that there are at LEAST 10 fans fickle enough to part with their money who until recently would have been NOPM.

I hope it does work and prove all doubters, cynics etc wrong and I also respect all fans who didn't go based on them believing in NOPM.

_brian_

Nasty Nick's at it again!!! Let's vote him out of the SBT house! LOL!!! Only joking, Nick - you have every right to be here like everyone else!

Nick

Administrator
Well, your starter for 10 (quid) is saying I was at the Emirates. Simply untrue so why say it?

It actually said (I think) in brackets, which I have since edited with an apology for being wrong :)

It is true that I thought you were there though, so what I said wasn't untrue.

L

limoncello

I have a 2 year old son and its a fucking heartbreak having to kit him out in Ipswich Town garb to spare him the indignity of supporting this once proud club.

To be fair, if your 2 year old is capable of feeling indignant then kitting him out in an Ipswich strip is probably going to cause a fair few issues.

magic82ball

To be fair, if your 2 year old is capable of feeling indignant then kitting him out in an Ipswich strip is probably going to cause a fair few issues.

He's a very advanced 2 year old.

RoboCCFC90

Nasty Nick's at it again!!! Let's vote him out of the SBT house! LOL!!! Only joking, Nick - you have every right to be here like everyone else!

I used to be called that playing Football.. Seems an age ago now..

wingy

I'd be careful there Brian .Big Brother may send you a line about infringement of copyright .:eek:

valiant15

I abided by the NOPM until the Crawley game a couple of weeks ago. I felt NOPM wasn't working as there will always be a few thousand that will go whatever happens, so I decided to be selfish and support the team. I will go as oftn as I can from here onwards.

We do play away games you know.

Its up to you if you want sisu to mug you off i suppose.

Rusty Trombone

So are you going to give the tenner if more than 10 went? :) I will wait to see if any admit it my tenner is safe knowing there will be 10, just will they admit it? :)

Edit: Apologies for assuming MichaelCCFC had given money to SISU.

It would be impossible though to prove the bet the other way, as I would need to know everyone who went, and what their views were.

Didn't take too long to find the quotes as they were on the same thread, although by the time I managed to post them the site got blocked at work.

Seeing as the game was on a Friday, and on TV, and this wasn't known at the time that 10 people was mentioned, how about we find 7 honest people on here.

Edit, to answer your question, of course if we get 7 I'll be paying.

lewys33

I support NOPM. I went to Arsenal.

I also went to Barnsley though ......... so NOPM only suits me unless its a BIG GAME!!!

Users who are viewing this thread