Next seasons Championship!! (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

Ok, staying up would be a remarkable achievement, but in the event of that happening, next season will see some quality, intriguing fixtures.

This is speculative, but;

Sheffield Wed
Sheffield Utd
Charlton
Wolves
Blackburn
Bolton( or Wigan, or even VILLA!!!!!)

Add to that, a West Ham in meltdown, Cardiff in their annual meltdown, Birmingham in financial meltdown, Leicester ( Funny, they have 18 points more than us. that's about 750,000 for each extra point.)Leeds, Ipswich, Derby, Forest, Crippled Alice and The Smoggies.

That makes for an extremely competitive, even attractive League.
Any one worth their salt in The Football League marketing department, should be picking up the phone on Monday and contacting Sky to try and re-negotiate TV monies.

There really would be games to look forward to, attendances at The Ricoh would surely rise.

PUSB

SkyBlue

I think it'll be QPR, Wigan and Wolves that come down, Bolton have won three on the bounce and Blackburn are good enough to stay up

EleanorRigby

I actually think Villa have it all to do to stay up. Still think Wigan and Wolves will go but the others QPR, Bolton and Blackburn are on a bit of a roll. Depends on the fixture list obviously but Villa can't buy a win at the moment and with Bent out for the season and the unfortunate situation with their captain things look very dodgy. Good manager McCleish.

6 Generations

I think it'll be QPR, Wigan and Wolves that come down, Bolton have won three on the bounce and Blackburn are good enough to stay up

Correct, there are many possibilities.

I used the word speculative for that reason,

I think that Sparky and Martinez will get lucky.

Villa are in freefall, Wolves are down and United will put Blackburn to the sword tomorrow night.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wolves have just imploded since McCarthy was sacked and they made a pig's ear of replacing him. Feel a bit sorry for that Connor bloke as he's way out of his depth!

6 Generations

Regardless of who is relegated from The Premiership, should we remain in The Championship, then in my opinion, it will be the most competitive league in it's history.

PUSB

Astute

Which means points being shared more evenly. If no teams pull away from the pack it could be the lowest total of points to go up. Could be another low total of points to go down again though as any teams with a poor squad will struggle to compete even more than this season.

Users who are viewing this thread