Next Season (2 Viewers)

Yorkshire SB

Wouldn’t want to sell, but equally if we get good money it’ll surely happen.

I don’t think Sheaf would kick off to leave, but if there’s a club who look like viable candidates to stay in the PL, then I think he’ll want to go.

A lot probably depends on whether we get the players in that give us a serious chance of automatics. In that instance it’s worth holding on to have a go, and he might think it’s worth the gamble of staying for one more year to go up with us. Appreciate money talks, but if he can do it with us, then it will pose less risk to his future career.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A good £20m could get us the players we need to be a top 4 team, comfortably. Add in some Vik money and we’d have a lot.

We have to be honest and acknowledge that we need more next season. I’d expect about 4 or 5 new starters in the team for next season.
We would waste another half of the season bedding them all in.

I would say three new starters and some depth

Mucca Mad Boys

We would waste another half of the season bedding them all in.

I would say three new starters and some depth

We’re not signing players for depth, there’s a lot of improvement needed to be at the top end of the Championship.

The main difference is that last season we had to bed a whole team in. This year we can slowly integrate to the starting berths.

The key is getting them in earlier in the window too so we’re not missing out on preseason.

Cally Fedora

Some of our players might attract interest over the summer. But we don’t have stand outs like Gyokeres and Hamer. So it is feasible that we go into next season with our key players retained - and others arriving to enhance. There are two other key things that put us in really good shape for next year. We’ve been acquiring big game experience and we score lots of goals. You must have goals to get out of the championship. We may well go into next season with a strike force who have both just got 20 goals+. That’s like gold dust.

shmmeee

Will be a long hard season if King is not prepared to add serious quality to the squad. Especially if we lose Sheaf, Bidwell and O’hare who are arguably our 3 top performers

Is we lose Sheaf well have money to spend. Can’t see why we’d sell Bidwell if we didn’t have another LB coming in though.

O’Hare isn’t even in our top eleven performers according to Robins 🤷🏻‍♂️

shmmeee

Fair enough, he’ll be struggling to get a move to a better team if that’s the case

I think he’ll go abroad. And then we can have fascinating debates about the exact percentage of PL/champ/L1 quality teams at that level a la Vik

Deity

Credit where it’s due I thought COH was pretty good yesterday and certainly worked hard despite lacking minutes in his legs.

If however I was a Premier league scout looking at Cov he would not have been one of the names I would have gone back to recommend .

Danceswithhorses

Never would have thought i'd write something like this after his start to the season, but i think we may well get some offers for Simms in the summer.
He eventually found his mojo, and his scoring rate has been phenomenal since the new year.
The chance to turn a quick profit, hopefully won't tempt King/Robins.

Cally Fedora

Never would have thought i'd write something like this after his start to the season, but i think we may well get some offers for Simms in the summer.
He eventually found his mojo, and his scoring rate has been phenomenal since the new year.
The chance to turn a quick profit, hopefully won't tempt King/Robins.
We’ll get interest in Simms and Wright. 20+ goal a season strikers are as rare as rocking horse crud.

rob9872

Does anyone know if Ephron was there yesterday? Be great to see what he thought about the team, the fans etc. Loads of former players were there, but hadn't seen anything on him.

Users who are viewing this thread