Next SCG meeting (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I reckon TM gets free tickets mate. Sure he'll be pleased at the thought though.

Grendel

Anyone know if there is one planned? Have a few questions to ask regarding season ticket for myself and TM

Is their a guest speaker extolling the virtues of franchising in sport and there is nothing wrong with embracing a team that's moved 85 miles?

Grendel

CJ_covblaze

I'm more than happy to take some questions with me from here. There may not be enough time to get answers for them however.

letsallsingtogether

Could you please ask them how much they actually offered for the Ricoh? And as they failed could they not now use that money to strengthen the team and keep TM in power..........

chiefdave

Can you ask if we can't see actual details of the FisherDome can we see a relatively detailed financial plan for it as opposed to staying at the Ricoh. 99.9% certain they won't have one but if you don't ask you don't get.

Steve.B50

Can you ask if we can't see actual details of the FisherDome can we see a relatively detailed financial plan for it as opposed to staying at the Ricoh. 99.9% certain they won't have one but if you don't ask you don't get.

The meeting on Wednesday is for the club to give an outline of the financial situation.

skybluetony176

Why? Don't they advocate the move of wasps from London like you and Steve and Jan do?

I think you owe BHSB an apology there seeing as he could be bothered to go and protest at the council meeting where they approved the
Wasps takeover when you couldn't.

NorthernWisdom

Can you ask them why they think they're mistrusted when it comes to explaining the future direction of the club, and what they intend to change in their approach to help overcome this disconnect?

Can you ask them what they consider to be the benefit of consulting with the SCG? Is it working?

Can you ask them what, when it comes to ground, they consider to be important when it comes to maintaining an identity of Coventry City FC? What, on the other hand, is not important?

chiefdave

The meeting on Wednesday is for the club to give an outline of the financial situation.

Good stuff, will look forward to hearing it. I think how the new stadium stacks up financially is the single most important financial question we have at the moment. SISU keep telling us we need to embark on a project that will cost tens of millions to secure the future of the club but haven't actually given any evidence to support this or a comparison to staying at the Ricoh.

Personally I think that's way more important than anything in the last set of accounts or the finances over the last season so hopefully they don't use all their time on that and then give it the old 'there's no time to talk about anything else'.

Nick

Administrator
You would like to think an interest free pay monthly option on the season tickets would be a standard procedure, pathetic if they don't offer it.

Calista

Is their a guest speaker extolling the virtues of franchising in sport and there is nothing wrong with embracing a team that's moved 85 miles?

Presumably embracing a team that has moved 85 miles is wrong because it’s a kick in the teeth for the people who … embraced a team that had moved 30 miles? And even though those people weren’t even bothered enough to stage a protest, and many of them love what’s happened, we have to endlessly beat ourselves up over it on their behalf?

Wasps moved to the Ricoh, and CCC absolutely had to take everything they were bringing to the city because the local football club never came close to making a sensible proposal. Sad but true, and we have to find a way to work with it.

CJ_covblaze

You would like to think an interest free pay monthly option on the season tickets would be a standard procedure, pathetic if they don't offer it.

If it's not given it'll be due to 'not having an agreement in place with a finance company' I guess. I don't get that myself. Why not have a standard contract between the club and fan in place and you pay the club direct over 3/6/9 months? Most would even be prepared to pay a bit more for it.

I'll make a note of the questions asked btw. Keep them coming.

letsallsingtogether

What about the contracts for current and new players?
Are we going to keep our best players or are we just going to have to keep playing cast off loan players others never wanted?

Are we going to make a genuine push for promotion?
Are they going to tock up the Club shop and are we due a new kit if so will we be able to buy one in a normal size?
Is Waggott going to keep choosing these loan players?

Astute

What about the contracts for current and new players?
Are we going to keep our best players or are we just going to have to keep playing cast off loan players others never wanted?

All of this will be decided by TM

Are we going to make a genuine push for promotion?

Of course we are.

Are they going to tock up the Club shop and are we due a new kit if so will we be able to buy one in a normal size?

It takes time to order new stock, but it will all be in place before the start of next season.

Is Waggott going to keep choosing these loan players?

He never chose the players. They were chosen by the manager and it was his job to sort out the financial arrangements

Questions answered for you :p

chiefdave

Why not have a standard contract between the club and fan in place and you pay the club direct over 3/6/9 months? Most would even be prepared to pay a bit more for it.

I think the club would need to be licensed to give credit for that to happen. Not sure but I would guess it is regulated.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the club would need to be licensed to give credit for that to happen. Not sure but I would guess it is regulated.

from memory the club hasn't had a consumer credit licence for a number of years. I think that they used to make arrangements with a finance house and use theirs(Zebra was one I seem to remember) to get payments over a number of months. I would guess given the financial turmoil at the club getting such an arrangement at a reasonable cost would prove difficult

It also suits the club cash flow to receive the amount in full direct up front without finance charges I would think

Captain Dart

Ask him what current ST sales are and what sales are predicted next season (assuming we stay up).

skybluetony176

Can someone at the SCG please ask TF when the exciting announcement in the new year on the new ground is going to happen? It's June for crying out loud.

Nick

Administrator
Out of interest. How many did join you at the council chambers when you and LAST protested against the Wasps takeover of ACL that allowed them to move 85miles?
That the one arranged for the evening before the game but changed in the morning to the daytime?

rupert_bear

Who would chair any SCG meeting ? Fisher ? who seems to have dropped off the radar somewhat, Waggott ? who other than decorating and pot hole filling offers little new or maybe Mark Venus who now seems to be the main man behind the scenes.

Steve.B50

Who would chair any SCG meeting ? Fisher ? who seems to have dropped off the radar somewhat, Waggott ? who other than decorating and pot hole filling offers little new or maybe Mark Venus who now seems to be the main man behind the scenes.

The SCG is a supporters group, no one from the club should chair it. It's supposed to be an independent group who ask or suggest ideas to the club to improve the match day experience.

ccfcway

can you ask why there hasnt been a broadcasted fans forum for months. CWR used to do them very regularly.

The last one must have been 18 months ago or so ?

Users who are viewing this thread