2020s remaining fixtures for us and our rivals (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

UPDATED TO INCLUDE ALL FIXTURES TILL NEW YEARS

I struggling to see how some of the kneejerk crew are failing to understand how the fixture list was really unkind to us.

So I thought I'd put a comparison of the next 8 fixtures for us and some of out relegation rivals.

Rotherham: played 3 of current top 6 (Norwich, Reading and Swansea) in which they managed 0 pts.

Next 8 games
QPR - L
Bournemouth - D
Brentford - L
Coventry
Watford
Bristol City
Blackburn
Derby
Middlesbrough
Barnsley

Birmingham: played 3 of current top 6 (Norwich, Bournemouth and Swansea) and picked up 1 point

Next 8 games
Luton - D
Millwall - D
Barnsley - L
Bristol City
Reading
Watford
Cardiff
Middlesbrough
Forest
Derby

Wycombe played 4 of current top 6 (Norwich, Watford, Swansea and Reading) and have picked up 1 point

Next 8
Huddersfield D
Derby - D
Stoke
Preston
Barnsley
Coventry
Bournemouth
QPR
Bristol City
Cardiff

Sheffield Wednesday played 3 of current top 6 (Watford, Bristol City and Bournemouth) and picked up 4 pts

Next 8
Swansea D
Stoke - D
Reading
Norwich
Huddersfield
Barnsley
Forest
Coventry
Blackburn
Middlesbrough

Derby played played 5 of current top 6 (Bristol City, Norwich, Reading Watford and Bournemouth) and have picked up 4 pts

Next 8
Middlesbrough L
Wycombe - D
Coventry - D
Millwall
Brentford
Stoke
Swansea
Rotherham
Preston
Birmingham

Nottingham Forest played 1 of current top 6 (Bristol City) collecting 0 pts

Next 8
Bournemouth - L
Swansea - L
Watford
Reading
Norwich
Brentford
Sheffield Wednesday
Millwall
Birmingham
Stoke

Coventry City played 5 of current top 6 (Watford, Reading, Bournemouth, Swansea and Bristol City) collecting 4 pts

Cardiff - W
Norwich - D
Derby - D
Rotherham
Luton
Wycombe
Huddersfield
Sheffield Wednesday
Stoke
Preston

For me we have done about what I expected, we have come through some very tough fixtures just about staying out of the bottom 3. We have only been battered a few times and missed more than a few opportunities to take points along the way. I'm hoping we get trough the next 2 games with some pride intact because the following 6 games are crucial.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Trouble is with having such strong opponents at the beginning of our start in the championship what physchological damage has it done to us? If we had had an easier start maybe we would have been more prepared for the tougher fixtures...

Alkhen

Derby can't buy a win atm so its nailed on we will give them 3 points as per
That's the spirit 😬

Big game though. I'm hoping one of Derby, Sheff Wed or Forest are this years basket case that slips up. We just need to get to 21st.

I feel Wycombe are gonner and would think Rotherham will fall away, they have tricky run coming up.

It is doable but we need to get some wins against the teams around us.

Sick Boy

That's the spirit 😬

Big game though. I'm hoping one of Derby, Sheff Wed or Forest are this years basket case that slips up. We just need to get to 21st.

I feel Wycombe are gonner and would think Rotherham will fall away, they have tricky run coming up.

It is doable but we need to get some wins against the teams around us.
Both Rotherham and Wycombe will be saying the same about us.

Johnnythespider

I like the one game at a time approach myself, but agree Forest look a little vulnerable

junglej13

Completely agree with this. Add to this the fact we hadn't played for six months and some players coming back from injury haven't had any preseason. We've done ok. We are improving and will pick up points from more beatable teams between now and the New Year.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think that what this reinforces, is what a tough league this is. There already appears to be a sense of leagues within leagues within the Championship. The 3 relegated from the PL look strongest already, together with a small group who look just a bit weaker - then there is quite a large group of mid-table teams Cardiffs/Swanseas/Bristol City types, all of whom can beat each other, but are not quite top of the table contenders. One or two will slip between these categories, but I think most on here can pick the bottom 7 or 8, whilst only probably getting one team wrong. Forest look to have a terrible next 8 - 10 points if they do well, and whilst I can see us losing the next 2, I would still hope for at least 10 from our games. Wycombe and Sheffield Wednesday will still be down there looking at their run of fixtures, so I don't really see anybody escaping from that pack. What will be key for us are those games against our 'rivals' Give me wins versus 3 out of Wycombe, Sheff Wed, Derby and Rotherham, and I'd be happy now (I think !!)

Liquid Gold

I wouldn't go for 8 I'd look at the next 11 taking us to half way. If our difficult start has been the issue then we should be picking up way more points in this bunch than the last. This also takes in all the festive fixtures which many have pointed as the turning point where our extended break may finally become an advantage.

If we're looking at the traditional survival mark of 50 points (may well be less) then we have to take 16 points from this 11, when we've taken 9 from the preceding 12, to take us to a halfway points total of 25. I struggle to see how we're going to suddenly turn on promotion form with 1 win in two after winning 2 in 12.

If I'm being generous can see us taking 14. Again, with the 50 post total not being absolute this could have us in a good position but we're starting to feel the pinch. If I'm right about the first three then the Rotherham game is huge as we'd have been without a win in so long and failed to turn them over twice last season.

Cardiff - D
Norwich - L
Derby - D
Rotherham - W
Luton - D
Wycombe - W
Huddersfield - D
Sheffield Wednesday - W
Stoke - D
Preston - L
Millwall - L

Alkhen

Both Rotherham and Wycombe will be saying the same about us.

Yeah no doubt, we are all rightly tipped to struggle. I'm more making the point that some people need to check their expectations. We are in a mini league with 7-8 teams and taking in to consideration the teams we have all played we are doing about as expected and on paper have more winnable fixtures than several teams around us.

Sky Blue Harry H

I wouldn't go for 8 I'd look at the next 11 taking us to half way. If our difficult start has been the issue then we should be picking up way more points in this bunch than the last. This also takes in all the festive fixtures which many have pointed as the turning point where our extended break may finally become an advantage.

If we're looking at the traditional survival mark of 50 points (may well be less) then we have to take 16 points from this 11, when we've taken 9 from the preceding 12, to take us to a halfway points total of 25. I struggle to see how we're going to suddenly turn on promotion form with 1 win in two after winning 2 in 12.

If I'm being generous can see us taking 14. Again, with the 50 post total not being absolute this could have us in a good position but we're starting to feel the pinch. If I'm right about the first three then the Rotherham game is huge as we'd have been without a win in so long and failed to turn them over twice last season.

Cardiff - D
Norwich - L
Derby - D
Rotherham - W
Luton - D
Wycombe - W
Huddersfield - D
Sheffield Wednesday - W
Stoke - D
Preston - L
Millwall - L

Think you're about right with the total, although I'd probably put as at a loss for Cardiff and pick up something against Preston or Millwall. For me key to picking up points is not making Dabo blow up this side of the Derby game. If we can have him up to speed by then (or even by the Luton/Wycombe games), we will be a much improved team as a result.

steve cooper

Cardiff - D
Norwich - L
Derby - D
Rotherham - W
Luton - D
Wycombe - W
Huddersfield - D
Sheffield Wednesday - W
Stoke - D
Preston - L
Millwall - L
14 points looks a realistic possibility from that lot but so does 17 or 18. I think we are good enough to beat either Cardiff or Derby, and maybe take a point off either Millwall or Preston.
A lot will depend on our injury situation. We will be in big trouble if we don't take that sort of points haul but I just don't see why we are panicking yet.
I think it helps me having seen this many times in previous seasons, particularly in the old 1st Division, where we were often in worse trouble than this, and only failed once.

Liquid Gold

14 points looks a realistic possibility from that lot but so does 17 or 18. I think we are good enough to beat either Cardiff or Derby, and maybe take a point off either Millwall or Preston.
A lot will depend on our injury situation. We will be in big trouble if we don't take that sort of points haul but I just don't see why we are panicking yet.
I think it helps me having seen this many times in previous seasons, particularly in the old 1st Division, where we were often in worse trouble than this, and only failed once.
It’s very tight. Turn a couple of those draws into wins and we’re doing very well but equally a couple of wins into draws and we’re right in the shit.

At least I’ve been prepared to say what I want to see unlike those that keep telling us we’re about to turn the corner but won’t accept criticism of a poor result.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s very tight. Turn a couple of those draws into wins and we’re doing very well but equally a couple of wins into draws and we’re right in the shit.

At least I’ve been prepared to say what I want to see unlike those that keep telling us we’re about to turn the corner but won’t accept criticism of a poor result.

Just got to look at it in the blocks of 5 games, need 5 more points from the next 4 to keep on track for 50 at the end

Gleneagles65

Norwich are the best team in this league by a distance but lost possibly 3 more players tonight via injuries or suspension. No Krul, Buendia and possibly Pukki to face at the weekend.

robbiekeane

Can you believe Liam Kelly and Jordan Shipley will potentially be up against Wayne Rooney lol

Back in the big time

hill83

Even the next 8 look very tricky to me.

Next 8
Cardiff - Always beat us
Norwich - Level above
Derby - False position (based on pure guesswork, in reality I've go no idea + Rooney)
Rotherham - Battered us last season for my only away game
Luton - Dublin is refusing to play in this one
Wycombe - Win
Huddersfield - Win
Sheffield Wednesday - Definitely a false position

27 points.

covcity4life

I have no clue tbh. End of we played v well away to Watford so we have what it takes to win many of these games but at same time we clearly find it hard to punish teams so coukd draw or lose alot of them!!!

No panic lets see how it goes

Sky Blue Harry H

Even the next 8 look very tricky to me.

Next 8
Cardiff - Always beat us
Norwich - Level above
Derby - False position (based on pure guesswork, in reality I've go no idea + Rooney)
Rotherham - Battered us last season for my only away game
Luton - Dublin is refusing to play in this one
Wycombe - Win
Huddersfield - Win
Sheffield Wednesday - Definitely a false position

27 points.
You got the 'haha' for the Dublin comment!

Macca

I struggling to see how some of the kneejerk crew are failing to understand how the fixture list was really unkind to us.

So I thought I'd put a comparison of the next 8 fixtures for us and some of out relegation rivals.

Rotherham: played 3 of current top 6 (Norwich, Reading and Swansea) in which they managed 0 pts.

Next 8 games
QPR L
Bournemouth
Brentford
Coventry
Watford
Bristol City
Blackburn
Derby

Birmingham: played 3 of current top 6 (Norwich, Bournemouth and Swansea) and picked up 1 point

Next 8 games
Luton D
Millwall
Barnsley
Bristol City
Reading
Watford
Cardiff
Middlesbrough

Wycombe played 4 of current top 6 (Norwich, Watford, Swansea and Reading) and have picked up 1 point

Next 8
Huddersfield D
Derby
Stoke
Preston
Barnsley
Coventry
Bournemouth
QPR

Sheffield Wednesday played 3 of current top 6 (Watford, Bristol City and Bournemouth) and picked up 4 pts

Next 8
Swansea
Stoke
Reading
Norwich
Huddersfield
Barnsley
Forest
Coventry

Derby played played 5 of current top 6 (Bristol City, Norwich, Reading Watford and Bournemouth) and have picked up 4 pts

Next 8
Middlesbrough
Wycombe
Coventry
Millwall
Brentford
Stoke
Swansea
Rotherham

Nottingham Forest played 1 of current top 6 (Bristol City) collecting 0 pts

Next 8
Bournemouth L
Swansea
Watford
Reading
Norwich
Brentford
Sheffield Wednesday
Millwall

Coventry City played 5 of current top 6 (Watford, Reading, Bournemouth, Swansea and Bristol City) collecting 4 pts

Next 8
Cardiff
Norwich
Derby
Rotherham
Luton
Wycombe
Huddersfield
Sheffield Wednesday

For me we have done about what I expected, we have come through some very tough fixtures just about staying out of the bottom 3. We have only been battered a few times and missed more than a few opportunities to take points along the way. I'm hoping we get trough the next 2 games with some pride intact because the following 6 games are crucial.

7-8 from them

Macca

Cardiff - D
Norwich - L
Derby - D
Rotherham - W
Luton - D
Wycombe - W
Huddersfield - D
Sheffield Wednesday - W
Stoke - D
Preston - L
Millwall - L

Maybe 11

SkyBlueDom26

Cardiff - D
Norwich - L
Derby - D
Rotherham - W
Luton - D
Wycombe - W
Huddersfield - D
Sheffield Wednesday - W
Stoke - D
Preston - L
Millwall - L
No reason as to why we can't get points from Preston and even Millwall

BornSlippySkyBlue

That was shit, but not sure it was worse than Tranmere,
Didn’t go Tranmere. The Luton one I remember leaving late after work, absolutely sheeting it down on the motorway, finding out Dublin was off and losing to an (at the time) lower league Luton in one of the worst grounds (and areas) out of them all. Walking through someone’s back garden to get in (it felt like).

Pretty glad i didn’t go Tranmere if it was worse than that night!

Cov kid 55

Didn’t go Tranmere. The Luton one I remember leaving late after work, absolutely sheeting it down on the motorway, finding out Dublin was off and losing to an (at the time) lower league Luton in one of the worst grounds (and areas) out of them all. Walking through someone’s back garden to get in (it felt like).

Pretty glad i didn’t go Tranmere if it was worse than that night!
Was anything worse than Blackpool away, night match, league cup, no cover, hammered down with rain the whole match, and we lost to a lower league side - again, 1-0, 1997. Purgatory.

Users who are viewing this thread