Next 5 (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Next five fixtures:
Scunny
Hartlepool
Colchester
Pompey
Walsall

The next five games will define our season and give us a real idea of where we will finish, any less than 12 from a possible 15 and I think the play-offs will be beyond us.

tippex9

It really is a chance for a good run now, especially on last nights performance.

We've played 8 out of the top 9.

aodea

I think 10 points would be a very good return from this set of fixtures.

Scunny (w)
Hartlepool (w)
Colchester (l)
Pompey (w)
Walsall (d)

skybluelee

10 point would be great and would keep the momentum going. Esp if we were to win both cup games as well as we could possibly set up a big third round fac tie and be two games from wembley in the jpt.

City 2-2 Scunthorpe
Hartlepool 0-2 City
Colchester 1-1 City
City 2-1 Pompey
City 3-0 Walsall
11 points would do nicely. And because its so close in mid-table with only 4 points separating us from the top half, this cold put us in contention for the play-offs at least

aodea

Similar to myself but dont see us going all 5 without losing as it would mean we are on some run. Think Colchester is hardest game out of the bunch.

Astute

Where has all this positivity suddenly come from?

It was only a couple of weeks ago that a few of us were deluded to even see where a few points were coming from ;)

Stevec189

Can't see us winning three on the bounce tbh. 10 points would be a great return. Draw on Sat. Scunny are doing well and scored 4 at Wasall last night. PUSB

Grendel

Can't see us winning three on the bounce tbh. 10 points would be a great return. Draw on Sat. Scunny are doing well and scored 4 at Wasall last night. PUSB

The Walsall result was a one off. We have to beat them if we are serious about trying to be a mid table and above side.

tippex9

Since when has it been top 9??

Awwww sorry, I'll round it up for you. 8 out of 10.

Didn't realise 10 was a set rule, my mistake.

Lol

Stevec189

Grendel How do you know?
LJC and the reaction was to stick 4 past Walsall. It will be a very tough game on Sat!

I still can't see us winning three league games on the bounce.

PUSB

CCFC_Charlie

Scunthorpe are doing well? Is that why their win last night was their first since the 22nd of September and they are currently 22nd in the league?

Grendel

Grendel How do you know?
LJC and the reaction was to stick 4 past Walsall. It will be a very tough game on Sat!

I still can't see us winning three league games on the bounce.

PUSB

I know that there are 20 other better teams in the league than Scunthorpe. I know that by reading the league table.

covcity4life

Scunthorpe are doing well? Is that why their win last night was their first since the 22nd of September and they are currently 22nd in the league?

some cov fans want to believe that every team in this division are too good for us and shit it from everyone

SkyBlue_Bear83

4 games that could break or rejuvenate our season in December

We have Preston, Doncaster, Stevanage, MK Dons within a 2 week period at the end of December

Paxman II

Look closer to make predictions. You can't predict wisely so far out. Teams will have slumps or fade. We are on the up and these games coming up should put us firmly in control of our destiny.
5 wins but that's not how it always goes is it? But 4 wins I can see and unbeaten. Pompey in even more disarray. The others offer little.
Still think we will be there abouts come the new years folks.

Astute

You sound as deluded as me Paxman :D

Grendel

bump.............:(

Yet some would say they would swap their players for ours. I am sure a lot of their fans were so envious we had McDonald and Fleck as two of our "big" players (well the waistline is big I suppose).

wingy

Yet some would say they would swap their players for ours. I am sure a lot of their fans were so envious we had McDonald and Fleck as two of our "big" players (well the waistline is big I suppose).

I noted in your post that you only quoted 20 teams better by league position than Scunny.

Grendel

I noted in your post that you only quoted 20 teams better by league position than Scunny.

Well it's 19 now.

The point was that if we had any serious expectation of course we should beat them.

Now I have seen them. The forward line is impressive. I wish we could swap 3 of our so called superior players with theirs.

Today was a watershed. It shows we are a team in a relegation battle.

covcity4life

imperative we get back on some semblance of a run again with these 2 games, 6pts and were back on track but i guess id take 4 right now

Users who are viewing this thread