Next 3 games what you expecting? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
So just wondering whats peoples expectations for next 3 games and also do you think it make or break us for 2nd half season, for me we should win all 3 and if we do it should set us up nicely to push on from there and keep pushing for top 2 but on current form you never know with us well either nose dive or just stay around touching distance of 3rd. Im thinking outta the 3 well WDW.

GaryJones

9 Points would be great however based on the last 4 games I think 7 points would be pretty good!

Pipehitterz

expect 9, like i was expecting 12, but our inability to beat a defensive set up, which has been proven time and again this year means
port vale - nil points, the footballing gods are reading all this bull about cov not losing at home, so we'll lose it to a shit team
chesterfield 3 points
crewe 3 points
which sets us up nicely to the burton 6 pointer, which i expect to get another win

Gazolba

I'm expecting more of the same, something like a win, a draw and a loss. Of course after our recent results we really need all 9 points. Can't help but feeling other teams have now figured us out and TM does not have the nous to come up with the right team selections/substitutions. Not having Turner will hurt us I think.

Hod dog

to prove we are serious contenders for top 2, it has to be 9, none of the teams should cause us problems on paper, but we need to be better at breaking down a defensive set up as oldham was poor.

i am sure TM has a plan up his sleeve, but i do worry about our defence and the vale game i see another 3-2 on the cards.

dongonzalos

When we lost Reda, before Turner came, against Barnsley our defence was shocking. Thankfully our attack was awesome. Until we get a suitable replacement I expect us to ship goals. Just hope we can out score them.

Last edited:

tom88

given we've got 40 points at nearly halfway, will another 40 in the second half get us promoted??

90% chance of play offs given the fact every season bar 1 since we have been in league one needs 74 points for 6th place.

The one season you didn't require 74 points was Chesterfield when they got 69 points

no_loyalty

to prove we are serious contenders for top 2, it has to be 9, none of the teams should cause us problems on paper, but we need to be better at breaking down a defensive set up as oldham was poor.

i am sure TM has a plan up his sleeve, but i do worry about our defence and the vale game i see another 3-2 on the cards.

Port Vale will do the same as Oldham, park the bus and try and hit us on the break, need to get an early goal

Londonccfcfan

I expect us to win every game. But at the moment I'm also expecting a glaring mistake from the back back five every match. Gifting the opposition goals.
Which Is costing us.

We can't and won't score 2 or 3 goals every match to win. We all knew against Doncaster and Oldham we needed that 2 goal cushion.

Last 4 matches a combination of:

1) Interesting team starting line ups. (Shocked everyone).
2) Interesting substitutions. Poor use of subs/especially when in the lead.
3) Sheer bad luck.
4) Shocking officiating. At least 3 stone wall penalties.
5) Armstrong/forwards going off the boil.
6) Glaring individual errors.
7) injuries/suspension to key players.

The above list is not exhaustive but the positive thing is if any of these factors happened last season we would be losing 2 or 3 nil and getting battered.

I believe we are due a change of fortune. We will go on a run very soon and will be difficult to stop.
When it clicks we have seen the damage this team can do.

luck will turn we will score scrappy goals. Get lucky decisions from officials.
Someones gonna get hammered very soon.

Let's just put it into context. 4th in the league, just behind automatic play offs. Unbeaten at home. Lost one in last 13.

If this is our little bad run. 3 points from 12. Then we shall take it.

As long as confidence remains high and we play with freedom which is where TM earns his crust.

7 points from next three.I would take 2 wins and a draw. Which looking at other fixtures around us would see us 3rd place in the new year. just behind Wallsall and Burton with them to play at home.

Exciting times.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread