NEWS : Gallery: Coventry City stars cheer up poorly children in hospital (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4232

POORLY children at University Hospital had an early Christmas surprise when Coventry City stars dropped in for a visit.

The Sky Blues squad and coaching staff arrived at children’s ward to chat to the sick kids and their families, hand out Christmas presents and sign autographs.

Sky Blues manager Mark Robins said: “People in the community are going to be forced to spend Christmas or at least the run up to Christmas in hospital. If we can give them a boost by the appearance of the players then that’s fantastic.

Among the children on the ward was 19-month-old Jaiden Graham from Bell Green. Jaiden was admitted to hospital because of a lump on his throat which turned out to be an infected abscess, but he was in noticeably good spirits as the team visited.
Jaiden’s mum Georgina Orrill said: “It’s really good, I think he wants to take the elephant mascot home with him.”

Carley McAuley, a 22-year-old mum of London Road, was with her four-and-a-half-month-old daughter Layla Currie who had been experiencing breathing difficulties.
After getting several autographs and photos for her daughter, Carley said: “They are all so friendly and caring. They’ve made my Layla smile and that is all we can ask for.”
City midfielder Carl Baker said: “All of the plays had a whip-round and everyone put some money in, even the young players who didn’t have to. We got them an Xbox, some games and stuff, just something nice for over Christmas.
“I’ve got two kids myself and I don’t know what I’d do if they were in hospital over Christmas. Scoring goals and winning games is great, but if we can put a smile on a kid’s face, nothing is better than that.”
As well as spending the day visiting the sick children, the club has also supported the hospital’s toy appeal, giving signed balls and toys that children can open on Christmas Day.

D

Deleted member 4232

Edjenguélé can heal minor scratches and bruises, just by laying a hand and smiling.

Fact.

Users who are viewing this thread