Newcastle like a new French National Team? (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
They seem to sign or be linked with everyone and anyone whose a Fench national!

Kinda give the 'Edge recomended to Coventry' rumours some substance with the amount of time their scout must watch French players!

D

Deleted member 4232

Everywhere else is over priced. They get some cracking players out of there. That Debuchy was brilliant during the euros and Cabaye is an absolute little hottie

No homo.

LewSkyBlue

It will only be a matter of time until French teams hike up their prices a bit and then somewhere like Spain gets raided for talent.

Covstu

bizarre signings from my perspective but having said that you pay through the nose for English players at the moment so clubs like Newcastle are forced to buy elsewhere.

skybluegod

It's fair play really. At least they don't do a Liverpool ( who I used to support) and buy over priced English players who turn out to be flops and they can't offload.

Mucca Mad Boys

I do think there are too many foreign players in the prem, even the bottom half sides have more foreigners than English players.

Newcastle have more French players than English! Disgraceful, something needs to be done before we have to select our national team players from Division 2 and under.

Too much pressure on managers to persue a youth policy. Teams are too lazy to bring up youth players as well, when they can sign a 'ready made' foreign player. Frustrating, and worrying for the England fan!

The prem is no longer the best league in the world, we'll be overtook by the Bundesliga soon.

Covstu

I agree but unless the FA will bring in rules to limit the number of non English players this will continue. The money that Liverpool paid for Henderson, Carroll et al was disgusting and they are not that good!

You look at the german league and the Spanish to a certain extent, there isn't many class players which play out of that league. In England we have only had some of the older german players i.e. Podolski, Ballack etc.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
bizarre signings from my perspective but having said that you pay through the nose for English players at the moment so clubs like Newcastle are forced to buy elsewhere.

Just look at the Zaha deal! £10m for a lad whos pretty decent at Championship level but is going to take a few years imo to be at Man United's expectation level

skybluegod

I agree but unless the FA will bring in rules to limit the number of non English players this will continue. The money that Liverpool paid for Henderson, Carroll et al was disgusting and they are not that good!

You look at the german league and the Spanish to a certain extent, there isn't many class players which play out of that league. In England we have only had some of the older german players i.e. Podolski, Ballack etc.

They do have a rule in that you have to have a certain amount of English players

Sutty

I do think there are too many foreign players in the prem, even the bottom half sides have more foreigners than English players.

Newcastle have more French players than English! Disgraceful, something needs to be done before we have to select our national team players from Division 2 and under.

Too much pressure on managers to persue a youth policy. Teams are too lazy to bring up youth players as well, when they can sign a 'ready made' foreign player. Frustrating, and worrying for the England fan!

The prem is no longer the best league in the world, we'll be overtook by the Bundesliga soon.

A problem compounded by the fact English players don't go and play abroad.

Even if they do, they get overlooked by the national team. Look at Michael Mancienne. Been doing well for a team in a good league pushing for Europe, and Hodgson hasn't even been to watch him play. This is the former U21 captain for goodness' sake.

skybluegod

A problem compounded by the fact English players don't go and play abroad.

Even if they do, they get overlooked by the national team. Look at Michael Mancienne. Been doing well for a team in a good league pushing for Europe, and Hodgson hasn't even been to watch him play. This is the former U21 captain for goodness' sake.

It's because there are better players than him in that position. Cahill,shawcross,jagielka,lescott.

Sutty

It's because there are better players than him in that position. Cahill,shawcross,jagielka,lescott.

He's not far off them though. Not saying he should be in the team, but he's got to be at least worth a look?

If more English players went abroad it would benefit the national team greatly, but where's the incentive to do so?

skybluegod

He's not far off them though. Not saying he should be in the team, but he's got to be at least worth a look?

If more English players went abroad it would benefit the national team greatly, but where's the incentive to do so?

How do you know he's not far off them out of curiosity?

Why would English players go abroad when they play in arguably the best league in the world. And also the fact not many English players would suit abroad playing styles

Sutty

How do you know he's not far off them out of curiosity? Watched him play a fair few times this season. He's injured at the moment though.

Why would English players go abroad when they play in arguably the best league in the world.But the issue raised is that there aren't enough English players playing top-level football. Too many happy to collect money for sitting on the bench and unprepared to leave their comfort zone. I won't go into the 'best league in the world' debate.

And also the fact not many English players would suit abroad playing stylesMaybe, but foreigners adjust to playing in England. A sad indictment on our home-grown talent that they'd struggle in a different system.

skybluegod

How do you know he's not far off them out of curiosity? Watched him play a fair few times this season. He's injured at the moment though.

Why would English players go abroad when they play in arguably the best league in the world.But the issue raised is that there aren't enough English players playing top-level football. Too many happy to collect money for sitting on the bench and unprepared to leave their comfort zone. I won't go into the 'best league in the world' debate.

And also the fact not many English players would suit abroad playing stylesMaybe, but foreigners adjust to playing in England. A sad indictment on our home-grown talent that they'd struggle in a different system.
The German league is worse than the premier league with only 2 clubs competing to win the title.

Our English first team all start at there respective clubs and also English players won't like to play abroad as it is less competitive and the tempo of play is a lot slower.

No English player would really suit Spain as English players are brought up with more direct energetic play.

Sutty

The German league is worse than the premier league with only 2 clubs competing to win the title.

Our English first team all start at there respective clubs and also English players won't like to play abroad as it is less competitive and the tempo of play is a lot slower.

No English player would really suit Spain as English players are brought up with more direct energetic play.

4 different winners of the Bundesliga in the last 6 seasons!

Users who are viewing this thread