New Sunderland Owner (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Thought I'd post this, not because it's Sunderland necessarily, but because Stewart Donald has decided to sell his stake to a fucking 22-year old who will become chairman in the new year if the EFL ratify the deal. I get that his Dad used to own Marseille and will probably be a prominent figure but come on... Almost feels like Netflix are writing the script now.

fernandopartridge

Thought I'd post this, not because it's Sunderland necessarily, but because Stewart Donald has decided to sell his stake to a fucking 22-year old who will become chairman in the new year if the EFL ratify the deal. I get that his Dad used to own Marseille and will probably be a prominent figure but come on... Almost feels like Netflix are writing the script now.

They hate Donald cos he ain't got a clue about football, be great to see the reaction to this

SkyBlueSoul

They hate Donald cos he ain't got a clue about football, be great to see the reaction to this
Just read another article and found out that his Dad sadly passed away about 11 years ago, so obviously can't offer advice or be the prominent figure I assumed he would be. So yeah, it's just a (very) rich kid buying a football club.

"Following his fathers death in 2009, after a long battle with leukemia, Kyril inherited a third of his fathers fortune. He is estimated to have a trust fund worth more than £2bn that is held by his mother, Margarita Bogdanova- who remains a minority shareholder at Marseille despite selling her majority in 2016.

Kyril's mother is now considered the richest Russian woman on the planet, with Forbes estimating her to be worth $5.6 billion"

Brighton Sky Blue

Just read another article and found out that his Dad sadly passed away about 11 years ago, so obviously can't offer advice or be the prominent figure I assumed he would be. So yeah, it's just a (very) rich kid buying a football club.

"Following his fathers death in 2009, after a long battle with leukemia, Kyril inherited a third of his fathers fortune. He is estimated to have a trust fund worth more than £2bn that is held by his mother, Margarita Bogdanova- who remains a minority shareholder at Marseille despite selling her majority in 2016.

Kyril's mother is now considered the richest Russian woman on the planet, with Forbes estimating her to be worth $5.6 billion"

Filthy rich white knight #39485894

Sky Blue Harry H

Bit weird for them, as they will (rightly) trying to find a way to legally manipulate the FFP rules re: players, wages, etc to ensure promotion. Can't see them making the autos, although play offs are still within reach. Next season, they'll be expecting big time. That said, 2 of the three relegated Championship clubs are likely to be up there or thereabouts (if not all 3)

Sbarcher

Still in a trust fund at 22? Can't be trusted!

Users who are viewing this thread