New striker (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

Who's it going to be then? Robins confirmed we will sign another one let's hope it's a good one!

Hobo

Previous history says some lumbering Ox in January :nailbiting:

Otis

Whoever it is I hope they have different agents to Thomas and Bigi! Robins doesn't seem to rate them very highly!

Neither do I mind; I hate agents!
Yep, especially the ones you don't know about.

Secret agents are the worst.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What did he say?

Nothing that I can quote (mainly because I can't remember word for word :)) but on both players he seemed to suggest there were being / had been ill advised in his opinion. He did go on to suggest that's bigi moved to scotland to avoid there having to be a compensation payment, despite Bigi actually loving it here and wanting to stay.

Wonder how long it'll be before the telegraph get an exclusive from his agent (who they seem to have on speed dial).

Re Thomas, he seems very keen to keep hold of him but again he's being "sought after" and we need to give him space and time to make his decision, although it sounds like he's already signed up with someone else (or he will do imminently)

Nick

Administrator
Nothing that I can quote (mainly because I can't remember word for word :)) but on both players he seemed to suggest there were being / had been ill advised in his opinion. He did go on to suggest that's bigi moved to scotland to avoid there having to be a compensation payment, despite Bigi actually loving it here and wanting to stay.

Wonder how long it'll be before the telegraph get an exclusive from his agent (who they seem to have on speed dial).

Re Thomas, he seems very keen to keep hold of him but again he's being "sought after" and we need to give him space and time to make his decision, although it sounds like he's already signed up with someone else (or he will do imminently)

Compensation payment to who?

I wonder how close Thomas and Bigi were to signing with us before their agents got in the mix...

mark82

Implied we would be due compensation for Bigi. Guessing it would be minimal as only been here for a year.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Implied we would be due compensation for Bigi. Guessing it would be minimal as only been here for a year.
I thought the implication was that his agent engineered the move to Scotland so compensation didn't have to be paid. Which would probably mean a little bigger signing bonus and agent fee would be received than if compensation was paid out.

Grendel

I think the suggestion is he moved to Scotland so we don't get any compensation.

mark82

I thought the implication was that his agent engineered the move to Scotland so compensation didn't have to be paid. Which would probably mean a little bigger signing bonus and agent fee would be received than if compensation was paid out.

Yep, pretty much exactly that.

mark82

I think the suggestion is he moved to Scotland so we don't get any compensation.

Yeah, just realised that the quoted post was missed off my post so looks out of context now! This is pretty much what I was trying to say. We would have been due compensation but as moved to Scotland won't get it.

baldy

My bros mate bumped into Bigi at the Wheel pub where Bigi was out 'celebrating' his glamorous move & he told said bros mate that,apparently,he was pissed off & never wanted to go but there was no way he could entertain the thought of playin in league 2 & that,if Cov had've stayed up,he would've seen out his career there
He also said about his time at Toon that he knew he was never gonna make it there but he was on 30k a week & he knew he wouldn't get that anywhere else...he ended by sayin he'd love to go back to City one day as Scotland's so far,haha
Sounds like a right mercenary little twonk if true

better days

My bros mate bumped into Bigi at the Wheel pub where Bigi was out 'celebrating' his glamorous move & he told said bros mate that,apparently,he was pissed off & never wanted to go but there was no way he could entertain the thought of playin in league 2 & that,if Cov had've stayed up,he would've seen out his career there
He also said about his time at Toon that he knew he was never gonna make it there but he was on 30k a week & he knew he wouldn't get that anywhere else...he ended by sayin he'd love to go back to City one day as Scotland's so far,haha

I'd heard it was £10k per week at Newcastle
Still insane but maybe more realistic than £1.5m a year
The Premier League is like Alice in Wonderland but even so Newcastle probably didn't have to fight off other bidders when they signed Bigi as a teenager

stevefloyd

Bet Grendels heaving a sigh of relief now then ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread