New stadium no further forward (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for your email.

Stadium plans are still progressing, albeit slowly. Minutes of our meeting will be shared next week which highlight the various sites pursued, but which have fallen through for various reasons.

There was every intention to make a New Year announcement but, as with any land deal, delays occur. I am not a property lawyer but I do know how long it can take for terms to be agreed.

I will include you in the circulation of the minutes and these will also be sent to the Sky Blue Trust, who were present at the meeting, and will also be posted on the club website.

Let's hope we get a better performance on the pitch tomorrow and an important 3 points.

#PUSB

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Jan 2015, at 21:15, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sandra

Sorry to trouble you again but you have always been so great responding to my emails.

Do you still believe our club has any intention of building a new stadium?

What has happened to the fictitious new year statement?

Thanks for anything you can say

Pete

Rusty Trombone

It will be interesting to see the list of sites that they pursued. Can't see there being a lot of terms that need agreeing in a land deal, unless they are linked to stage payments.

Otis

Hi Pete

Thank you for your email.

Stadium plans are still progressing, albeit slowly. Minutes of our meeting will be shared next week which highlight the various sites pursued, but which have fallen through for various reasons.

There was every intention to make a New Year announcement but, as with any land deal, delays occur. I am not a property lawyer but I do know how long it can take for terms to be agreed.

I will include you in the circulation of the minutes and these will also be sent to the Sky Blue Trust, who were present at the meeting, and will also be posted on the club website.

Let's hope we get a better performance on the pitch tomorrow and an important 3 points.

#PUSB

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Jan 2015, at 21:15, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sandra

Sorry to trouble you again but you have always been so great responding to my emails.

Do you still believe our club has any intention of building a new stadium?

What has happened to the fictitious new year statement?

Thanks for anything you can say

Pete

Why on earth would we listen to Sandra Garlick, when we have on here, the all-seeing, soothsaying oracle, that is RFC?

J

Jack Griffin

Has she seen a business case? So far the club has presented no evidence to suggest a new stadium would not be a white elephant. If they did a customer survey they would be able to assess the considerable resistance to the concept.

Otis

Has she seen a business case? So far the club has presented no evidence to suggest a new stadium would not be a white elephant. If they did a customer survey they would be able to assess the considerable resistance to the concept.

Indeed.

It is like Field of Dreams in reverse.

'If you build it, they won't come.'

Sky Blue Pete

Hi Pete

I have seen and spoken to several other clubs...MK Dons, Chesterfield etc who have built stadiums to generate their own revenue.

Funding is raised through equity. It's not really my area of expertise but it makes for a long term and sustainable future.

The MK Dons model really shows what can be achieved in stages although they did have council backing, as do all the other clubs in the league.

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2015, at 08:17, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sorry Sandra may I ask another question.

Have you seen a business case for a new stadium?

Where is the funding likely to come from?

Thanks again

Pete

Answer jack

skybluetony176

Indeed.

It is like Field of Dreams in reverse.

'If you build it, they won't come.'

Does that mean SISU are only looking at sites where corn is currently being grown? Does this also mean that TF thought Field of Dreams was a documentary on how to build a sports ground?

J

Jack Griffin

Hi Pete

I have seen and spoken to several other clubs...MK Dons, Chesterfield etc who have built stadiums to generate their own revenue.

Funding is raised through equity. It's not really my area of expertise but it makes for a long term and sustainable future.

The MK Dons model really shows what can be achieved in stages although they did have council backing, as do all the other clubs in the league.

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2015, at 08:17, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Sorry Sandra may I ask another question.

Have you seen a business case for a new stadium?

Where is the funding likely to come from?

Thanks again

Pete

Answer jack

So that was a no. MK was financed through a deal with ASDA & IKEA, Chesterfield was financed through a deal with Tesco & supported by the local council as part of a plan to regenerate the A61 corridor area North of the town centre. So which large commercial organisation or council has expressed an interest in the SISU bowl?

So Pete try asking if the equity funding has been secured. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfatronssba

Regarding her next reply "Funding is raised through equity" doesn't really answer anything.

That is just the method of funding, it doesn't answer who is actually putting their hand in their pockets.

bigfatronssba

So that was a no. MK was financed through a deal with ASDA & IKEA, Chesterfield was financed through a deal with Tesco & supported by the local council as part of a plan to regenerate the A61 corridor area North of the town centre. So which large commercial organisation or council has expressed an interest in the SISU bowl?

If that's what they are relying on then they may be in trouble.

There was a story on Midlands Today the other night about how the big supermarkets are not interested in the big stores anymore. Apparently the money is all in small local stores now.

Gosford Green

No council will want this, councils need land to build houses and planning permission will take years if it even gets to that stage.

Philosorapter

Given the length of her last fact finding trip, can someone ask her if she has found the curtains which has the Sky Blues' DNA woven into its fabric yet..

Last edited:

The Gentleman

In answer to the OP's question, no shit Sherlock! I wish they'd just stop talking about it because it doesn't even anger me anymore when they talk about it, I almost feel sorry for them to have to keep peddling this crap.

skybluetony176

No council will want this, councils need land to build houses and planning permission will take years if it even gets to that stage.

Exactly this. They're going to have to sell the concept to a local authority and the community within that an out of town football team moving to the outskirts of the town will be of bigger benefit than building houses to tackle the shortage of homes or creating an industrial area which will bring jobs 24/7 52weeks of the year. Good luck with that one.

Kingokings204

Obviously a new stadium won't be built but my question is does any on here actually truely believe it?

Sandra's responses Pete seem as vague and pointless as when I use to email her. I use to email her also and the replies wernt worth my time as it was obvious it was bs. I didn't blame Sandra though and thanked her for her time. If she is being paid by sisu then she will spout what she is told. You can't blame her.

J

Jack Griffin

Obviously a new stadium won't be built but my question is does any on here actually truely believe it?

Sandra's responses Pete seem as vague and pointless as when I use to email her. I use to email her also and the replies wernt worth my time as it was obvious it was bs. I didn't blame Sandra though and thanked her for her time. If she is being paid by sisu then she will spout what she is told. You can't blame her.

Paid! Gosh wasn't that denied previously.

However, I find it hard to believe she isn't being paid or have some sort of reward potential for her efforts.

Kingokings204

Paid! Gosh wasn't that denied previously.

However, I find it hard to believe she isn't being paid or have some sort of reward potential for her efforts.

Well I should say I don't know if she is paid or not I just assumed she was or if not surely something must be in it for her as you say. Why else would you be involved with a ficticous new stadium? She seemed innocent enough to me just I don't know the full circumstances of her connection with ccfc.

tisza

one of the major difficulties is that the normal route of working with a large supermarket is less and less likely. nearly all the chains are already sitting on large chunks of undeveloped land that they don't want to use as well as seeing store closures and cost cutting.

Otis

Yep, that ship has sailed.

Hmm, I'm sure I've heard that said before somewhere haven't I?

Astute

We can all smell a rat. So SISU brought in Garlick to mask the smell. But this rat smells so much that nothing will mask it.

tisza

We've heard all sorts of versions about this stadium funding and ownership.
it's been funded by equity, it's been funded by a 50-50 equity - borrowing split.
A company would own it and the club would rent it with access to more revenue streams or the club would own it.
It will be interesting to see what commercial borrowing is available and at what rates to a business with 40 million + debts.
One plus side could see the owners actually having to convert some of the debt into equity in order to secure bank funding. It is a consistent theme through the various accounts that ARVO have the possibility to change some debt into equity.

martcov

When does the PR firm, Portland, start their contract? When the stadium has been confirmed? Seems strange that there are no positive reports coming out to whet our appetites for the new stadium after appointing a company to make the stadium move look attractive. Moving slowly seems to mean not moving at all. Surprised Les Reid hasn't got a take on this. At least someone should query why the usual announcement of the pending announcement was made in the first place, when according to Garlick nothing has happened and it seems it isn't likely to do so in the next three weeks. I think they would be better not making any more announcements until they have something to announce.

bawtryneal

Question for RFC

Please answer with simple yes or no. Do you believe that SISU have any intention of building a new stadium ?

If yes, when do you believe they will make the formal announcement based on information you allegedly have been party to.

Thank you in anticipation.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder what she gets out of it maybe they will build a statue of her and Joy together at the new stadium or maybe a padded seat in the stand to go with the padded cell she must be in if she thinks they will ever build this white elephant.

Sky Blue Pete

My take is she's a fan and is very honest in her replies. If I were a journalist I would now be writing my next piece and asking parties for their comments.

Headline

No news is bad news for the long suffering fans of Coventry City FC

I would ask all parties for updates and comments to inform

If it's true what Sandra says I want details of how the council has got in the way of ccFC plans?

The other story is

The slow death of the once great 'sky Blues' continues

Waggott should be forced to answer his false promises before January and seppalla must come clean about the future

Sky Blue Pete

Other clubs have had financial support from their council's ie gift of free land for their stadium or at a heavily subsidised price.

I've not seen financials and it's complex but largely same financial model as other clubs who do a new build. Not my remit really. I just ask questions.

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2015, at 10:39, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks

But have you seen any detail as to how WE are going to fund it?

You also say they had supportive councils. In what ways have any councils stood in the way of our club?

Thanks

Pete

Sky Blue Pete

Yes I do ask. I have also asked them to do a FAQ on the way in which it will be financed. However, I am not doing any more on the stadium until the land acquisition is announced.

Fisher did show us on Wednesday night the 3 unsuccessful plots that were pursued, but fell through over last 28 months. Minutes will be published early next week. It was an open and frank discussion with Fisher and Cllr Maton present to answer questions along with Moz and CJ from SBT.

Remember full ownership of a stadium is an asset. I really don't understand the equity model of investment, but I do know that the risk is not on the club itself which will be separate from the property company. Apparently, it's a common model.

However, I am personally more concerned at present with results on the pitch. After all, that drives success elsewhere.

They have stated they will not liquidate, I asked that last week!

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2015, at 10:53, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you

Are you asking the hard questions Sandra as the fan I trust you are?

How can a club with the debt we have consider building a new stadium?

Is it reasonable after taking out a series of legal cases to expect anything from the council as a hedge fund with millions swirling around?

Genuinely how close do you think we are to liquidation?

Thanks again

Pete

skybluetony176

Other clubs have had financial support from their council's ie gift of free land for their stadium or at a heavily subsidised price.

I've not seen financials and it's complex but largely same financial model as other clubs who do a new build. Not my remit really. I just ask questions.

Kind Regards

Sandra

Sandra Garlick
Chair
CCFC Stadium Forum

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2015, at 10:39, "Emma Griffiths" <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks

But have you seen any detail as to how WE are going to fund it?

You also say they had supportive councils. In what ways have any councils stood in the way of our club?

Thanks

Pete

The illegal state aid police aren't going to like that.

Covstu

wow I am sold on this issue.... booking my new season ticket at the new ground as we speak...... :(

Sky Blue Pete

Been told off sorry Sandra I should have asked before sharing more widely. I have apologised and said I will stop asking as I don't want to be held in confidences that I can't share with my fellow fans that are going through the shit that serves for communication from the club. I also explained that I had not shared anything I thought to be confidential or controversial

Ho hum

Sandra has just asked me to clarify that .....

By the way, perhaps you would clarify to those who make incorrect assumptions that I am not employed, contracted, remunerated or rewarded in any way by the club. I am just a fan and have been for over 40 years.

Rusty Trombone

Been told off sorry Sandra I should have asked before sharing more widely. I have apologised and said I will stop asking as I don't want to be held in confidences that I can't share with my fellow fans that are going through the shit that serves for communication from the club. I also explained that I had not shared anything I thought to be confidential or controversial

Ho hum

Sandra has just asked me to clarify that .....

By the way, perhaps you would clarify to those who make incorrect assumptions that I am not employed, contracted, remunerated or rewarded in any way by the club. I am just a fan and have been for over 40 years.

Not many of us are rewarded in any way by the club at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread