new sponsors! (1 Viewer)

skybluemole

Going past the ricoh today and noticed the away stand is now the de vere stand is this new, or has it been that for a while.Im a season ticket holder so dont know why i havent noticed before.

Anthony_Kav

Going past the ricoh today and noticed the away stand is now the de vere stand is this new, or has it been that for a while.Im a season ticket holder so dont know why i havent noticed before.

Yes, it was there on the last game, but there was no banner up in the ground.

ccfcrob

No jewson and tesco pulled out as there not getting any decent publicity the only publicity about the club is negative so why waste there money

ashbyjan

Who does the stand sponsorship money go to? The club or ACL? I would suspect it would be the stadium lease holders and operators rather than the club

BurbageSkyBlues

Ashbyjan. - doubt the club gets any, it has to be to the owners of the Ricoh. And this is a point missed by many on here, when discussing the financial value of getting a share in the ownership......I can't remember the details, but things like naming rights and sponsorship must be on a fixed term, and as such they will be up for renewal in a couple of years possibly? Maybe why sisu were keen on trying to get a stake in the arena, although this is speculation on my part.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Where do RICOH stand on this? I assume they are a huge sponsor as the stadium bears their name. How long is their contract for? If and when they leave, who would come in and what would the stadium be called? Any ideas?

Where do RICOH stand on this? I assume they are a huge sponsor as the stadium bears their name. How long is their contract for? If and when they leave, who would come in and what would the stadium be called? Any ideas?

Hopefully the Jaguar Stadium or something like that so we can link up with a major local business? - I appreciate the Jag is owned overseas but it is still seen as a major employer and business within the region.

TheUKGryphon

I thought the whole point of renaming the stadium from the Ricoh to the City Of Coventry Stadium for the olympics was to remove sponsorship advertising, not merely to change it to something else. I suggest we change the names of the stands to big end 1 & 2 and short end 1 & 2.

Users who are viewing this thread