New rumour (1 Viewer)

archieboy

Heard on Friday night that the club are in talks with dallas burston polo ground near Southam to build a new training facility on there grounds, anyone else heard about it?

Evo1883

Seems a bit middle of nowhere for a training ground.

I know it's beating a dead horse... But woodlands school would make a great training facility... Although I don't know what's wrong with Ryton?

Marty

Didn’t they say they wanted to house the youth academy Aswell? I’d imagine the long term game is category one

It would make sense to have one facility I'd have thought, IIRC, Ryton only has 2 pitches, cramped building and small car park that probably isn't big enough to house the squad of the players.

Just had a quick google of training grounds of clubs I'd consider to be off similar stature to us (although they have more money), Bristol City, Norwich, etc, all have 8+ pitches, massive buildings no doubt full of top class facilities, It's something we'll need to improve to make the step up.

shepardo01

There was a rumour flying round that Ryton had been sold. (Dawkins (tin hat on!) on twitter a while back iirc)
Re upgrading Ryton, the new Changing room paid for by Mr Overson (the recent upgrade) is portable....
Could be legs in this one....

archieboy

I live about two miles away from there, a friend of mine lives in bascote heath which is literally next the polo grounds, he said residents are being sounded out about it so could well be something in it, less than 15 minutes from Leamington where majority of players live so could be true

Yorkshire SB

My folks live nearby, can easily see it being feasible. The site is massive, and they already have some football facilities in place.

Happy_Martian

.....way way over the heads of a lot on here!.... you'd need to be early 40s or older I reckon!🤷‍♂️😉

I still remember the lyrics we used to sing to the theme tune

I am only a poor little Ewing,
JR is the daddy to me.
Sue Ellen's a drunk
and Lucy's a punk
And Bobby lives under the sea.

That's another reference that even the early 40s may not get :D

Nick

Administrator
Does he want to buy the club?

I think when we sign players they sometimes stay there don't they?

GaryJones

Heard on Friday night that the club are in talks with dallas burston polo ground near Southam to build a new training facility on there grounds, anyone else heard about it?
Yes - heard exact same.

Users who are viewing this thread