New Ricoh deal? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Article not filled with hope in the telegraph.

Why oh why do they do this?

Still retain an option to play at sicfields? Don't know how that could be an option

Anyway I hope sense prevails and a 10 yr deal can be easily agreed that gives us a chance for long term planning

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't really say anything in the article does it? It's just trying to make wasps look like hero's with a but aimed at ccfc trying to start talk of sixfields.

shmmeee

Doesn't really say anything in the article does it? It's just trying to make wasps look like hero's with a but aimed at ccfc

3425515300_its_a_conspiracy_xlarge.jpeg

TheUKGryphon

This is convenient for Tim Fisher isn't it. He's got to produce concrete plans for a new site and stadium shortly. A Ricoh deal gets him off the hook.

What has happened to his "we need to own our own stadium to be viable under Financial Fair Play" garbage? Wouldn't a Ricoh deal go against this oft spouted quote?

He's done sod all for a year and looks like he'll get away with it. I'm all for staying at the Ricoh, but Fisher needs to be sacked. He's been nothing but poison to this club. The sooner the better too.

shmmeee

Where is the article? One I can find on NewsNow doesn't mention anything about Sixfields.

skybluetony176

Wasps want us to stay on a longer term and SW is meeting them next week. As long as TF stays out of it it sounds positive. Hopefully something can be sorted by the end of the season so we're not looking into next season in limbo.

Not sure what the Sixfields option will be worth after next Tuesday. Maybe that's why SW is now meeting Wasps. No plan B.

shmmeee

Wasps want us to stay on a longer term and SW is meeting them next week. As long as TF stays out of it it sounds positive. Hopefully something can be sorted by the end of the season so we're not looking into next season in limbo.

Not sure what the Sixfields option will be worth after next Tuesday. Maybe that's why SW is now meeting Wasps. No plan B.

Damn sight easier to play at Sixfields if you can pick it up at the admin auction and there's no one else playing there to be fair.

Sick Boy

Damn sight easier to play at Sixfields if you can pick it up at the admin auction and there's no one else playing there to be fair.

Many have commented on how well the franchise are run, surely we should be taking a leaf out of their book?

shmmeee

This is why I stay out of these threads.

Anyway, someone call me when we know where we're playing next season.

jas365

Doesn't really say anything in the article does it? It's just trying to make wasps look like hero's with a but aimed at ccfc trying to start talk of sixfields.

It really doesn't make Wasps out to be heroes, it's stating what we all know - that Wasps are better off with us here than elsewhere. ACL is more profitable with income from CCFC.

Interesting to see the declaration in the accounts about Sixfields, I cannot believe for one minute they would contemplate a return.

shmmeee

Hang on, there's a whole other paragraph at the bottom I hadn't read. Preparing to eat humble pie.

OK, I see the Sixfields bit. All seems very factual. Still not sure what I should be seeing.

Nick

Administrator
Firstly, can we check we're talking about the same thing, I' m reading this article: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/wasps-rfc-want-coventry-city-10387140?

What in that is PR or anti-City?

See how it starts off with Wasps wanting to help CCFC and have them here etc (no mention of at what cost etc) and then goes on to be "however"..... There's no mention of when it was asked of the "football expert" before who said that while the model we have is ok in League 1, then to be competitive in the championship may not. Then it drops in the Sixfields line at the bottom, so it is obvious what it is trying to achieve isn't it?

How many people will now have an idea formed in their head that we will be going back to Sixfields? I can guarantee some people will be thinking that.

Probably like all of the fans going on about Ben Turner signing for us again.

Sky Blue Pete

Latest accounts filed by Coventry City owners Sisu also showed the club has retained an option on returning to Sixfields, in Northampton, should there be a problem during their current stay at the Ricoh Arena.

This one shmee

NorthernWisdom

It does say it would benefit Wasps's business if we were to stay long term.

Of course it would.

That whole sentence is enough to show why we'd need our own groin NFF.

Shame our owners aren't capable of delivering one.

skybluetony176

See how it starts off with Wasps wanting to help CCFC and have them here etc (no mention of at what cost etc) and then goes on to be "however"..... There's no mention of when it was asked of the "football expert" before who said that while the model we have is ok in League 1, then to be competitive in the championship may not. Then it drops in the Sixfields line at the bottom, so it is obvious what it is trying to achieve isn't it?

How many people will now have an idea formed in their head that we will be going back to Sixfields? I can guarantee some people will be thinking that.

Probably like all of the fans going on about Ben Turner signing for us again.

I'll help you and the rest of the paranoid feather spitters out. This is the important paragraph and the only one any CCFC fan should be concerned with:

"Coventry City chief executive Steve Waggott told the Telegraph he is set to meet with his Wasps counterpart next week when the subject of the football club’s future is likely to be discussed"

jas365

None with any sanity, however i can't vouch for our chairman and owner.

Nick

Administrator
I'll help you and the rest of the paranoid feather spitters out. This is the important paragraph and the only one any CCFC fan should be concerned with:

"Coventry City chief executive Steve Waggott told the Telegraph he is set to meet with his Wasps counterpart next week when the subject of the football club’s future is likely to be discussed"

Yes and as it says SW and not TF meeting him which fills with a bit more hope....

Astute

Many have commented on how well the franchise are run, surely we should be taking a leaf out of their book?

We did. We moved to the Ricoh when Fisher said that we wouldn't as we were building our own stadium.

Astute

It does say it would benefit Wasps's business if we were to stay long term.

Of course it would.

That whole sentence is enough to show why we'd need our own groin NFF.

Shame our owners aren't capable of delivering one.

NFF?

Not Fookin Fisher? We all agree with you there.

italiahorse

The reference to Sixfields is out of context. It's scaremongering.
Yes, it's on the accounts because it's got a value but it should only be considered as a lifeboat should ACL fail and there are no takers.

If we ever planned to build a stadium the Ricoh will always be the best option over Sixfields and a 10 year deal (with opt out) is what needs to be pursued. A 10 year rolling deal would be better with some sort of formula for inflation/promotion/crowd numbers built in. In fact I would suspect the the FL would either want to see details of the new ground or a 10 year deal.

AFCCOVENTRY

Fact of the matter is there has been no land for the stadium purchased, no plans revealed for the stadium and no timelines...

So it's is CCFC interest to sign up for another 2 years. The rate Fisher is moving at if the a new stadium is in the pipeline it wouldn't be for another 4-5 years that it is complete.

Nick

Administrator
The reference to Sixfields is out of context. It's scaremongering.
Yes, it's on the accounts because it's got a value but it should only be considered as a lifeboat should ACL fail and there are no takers.

Who are you and what have you done with italia?

stupot07

The clubs future could just mean the activation of the "+ 2 year option"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Moff

Yep halving their attendances in less than a year, thats particularly well run. And to think people want rid of SISU to be replaced with Wasps owners.

I would be happy with being rid of SISU and Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread