New post-match pedestrian and vehicle arrangements at the Ricoh Arena (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Full details here: NEWS: New post-match pedestrian and vehicle arrangements at the Ricoh Arena

Basically it seems car park b will now be for away fans / coaches with an exit straight on to the A444 (assume there must already be an exit there). There will be an away fan area which sounds a nice way of saying a holding area. Barriers will be put up between that and the route our fans take to go under the train line.

Bit sad that trouble is now so regular this sort of thing is needed but to be honest I was amazed that they didn't have something like this in place from day one at the Ricoh. Always seemed odd to me that the way they sent everyone meant you pretty much guaranteed the two sets of fans coming together.

Nick

Administrator
I can't really figure out what's different. They will contain fans on coaches in the black area, but if away fans are parked at christ the king for example they still walk up that way the same as everybody else.

chiefdave

I can't really figure out what's different.
I'm assuming they're going to keep away fans in the black area until everyone else has cleared away so everyone isn't mingling in together. With that and the barrier between car park b and the path to the underpass looks like they're trying to minimise areas where fans are mixed.

vow

I wonder if they'll still allow Home fans to walk up the embankment to get to Lythalls Lane?

Liquid Gold

They should see if they can get some outdoors bars or something in the black area for away fans, try and make some more cash pre and post game.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I hope I read that right I will still be able to walk down by the side of the railway lines to access Tesco's car park as I catch a bus on the Longford road if they block all that side I will find it rather hard currently walking ( on a stick due to op.) all the way round the ground

lifeskyblue

Looks like I won't be able to walk past the away end to the footbridge but have to walk around the ground. Just seems unnecessary apart fro odd games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cov4theprem

Based on the Newport debacle then should put the pen around the police as they made a fight out of nothing.

theferret

Looks like parking arrangements have changed completely. Only car park C on sale for football now. No option to buy in A or B (unless they are now pay on the day only).

chiefdave

Looks like parking arrangements have changed completely. Only car park C on sale for football now. No option to buy in A or B (unless they are now pay on the day only).
Looks like most, if not all, of B is now out of use so depending how many season passes have been sold there could have filled A up.

theferret

Tweeted the club, turns out this was a system error, A and B now back on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread