New playing style (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Black6Osprey

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/were_all_backing_pressley__martin_787873/index.shtml

I know we havn't been playing the long ball loads anyway but here is an interview with our on loan player Aaron Martin talking about how the team will be trying to play and the style they have been working on in training.

I wonder if most will stay patient with the team if they arn't quite as direct.

That depends how well they do it. They are league one players for a reason. If it ends up being relentless crab football then people's tolerance will be quite short I suspect.

Gray

the new style i witnessed on Tuesday was run about where you like and have no shape,

harvey098

It reminded me very much of thorns style, square passes along the back four, very patient build up (probably too patient) seemed quite a slow tempo and no urgency but you've got to give it time. These players have had 5 different managers and 5 different ideas/styles enforced.

kg82

He's only 2 games in and has lost the main focal point! But if we're not complaining, we're not ccfc fans!

WillieStanley

I think, so long as we apply pressure with those tactics, it's a good measure. The trouble under Thorn was that we were playing that game far too deep and at times it seemed no one was looking for that penetrating pass or to even move into a decent space. It was the right idea but poorly executed. If we do it correctly, it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread