new players wish list (1 Viewer)

oucho

IMO any squad needs 2 senior players per position to compete over the course of a season. As we have just released 8 and ended 5 more loans, it should be possible to bring in new experienced players. We need a keeper, right back, cent back, two or three wingers, a couple of hard midfielders and two or three strikers. Ideallt four of those would be Samuel, Odeluzi, Ward and Pennington with the others being older players. We won't get anywhere replying on too man teenagers.

SlowerThanPlatt

Odelusi was absolute shite IMO. Don't think there's much of a chance of Ward or Pennington either as their parent clubs most likely see them at a higher level than ours.

Covstu

so we need 11 new players, how about coming back with a more realistic shopping list??

Hobo

If Tudgay, Stokes renew their contracts, we need to sign about 5 to 6 players, then bring in about 4 on loan. This will be a two year project. Maybe add a couple more in the new year. I would rather see slow steady growth and development. It is no good getting promoted if you can't stay there. We will have to develop our own during this 2 year period, it won't be all about signing people, the budget just isn't there.

Astute

If Tudgay, Stokes renew their contracts, we need to sign about 5 to 6 players, then bring in about 4 on loan. This will be a two year project. Maybe add a couple more in the new year. I would rather see slow steady growth and development. It is no good getting promoted if you can't stay there. We will have to develop our own during this 2 year period, it won't be all about signing people, the budget just isn't there.

My thoughts

7 to 8 players signed so agreed.

4 loans to come in as any more is a waste of money.

2 year project? We will be aiming for the playoffs. Just like we would be in 12 months time if we are still in this division.

I can see TM using most of the budget during closed season. But if we have a good cup run or a big draw we will be able to bring in more players in January.

I am the same as most others. I don't want to stay in this division just because we could well struggle in the Championship. I want us to get out of this shite division.

You say the budget isn't there for us to be successful. The budget isn't there for nearly every club in our division. And having a good budget doesn't mean you will get promoted. How long have Sheff Weds been down here now? It is all down to who the manager manages to bring in and how he manages the players. And we could well have the manager to do it with us.

Grendel

My thoughts

7 to 8 players signed so agreed.

4 loans to come in as any more is a waste of money.

2 year project? We will be aiming for the playoffs. Just like we would be in 12 months time if we are still in this division.

I can see TM using most of the budget during closed season. But if we have a good cup run or a big draw we will be able to bring in more players in January.

I am the same as most others. I don't want to stay in this division just because we could well struggle in the Championship. I want us to get out of this shite division.

You say the budget isn't there for us to be successful. The budget isn't there for nearly every club in our division. And having a good budget doesn't mean you will get promoted. How long have Sheff Weds been down here now? It is all down to who the manager manages to bring in and how he manages the players. And we could well have the manager to do it with us.

Sheff weds?

hill83

Astute ballsing it up again

DdfPbja.gif

Users who are viewing this thread