New Neighbours (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Been in my new home just 5 weeks. Next door about same age as me are a Polish couple , friendly enough even though they speak broken English, and I know no Polish at all. He borrowed me his lawnmower on Saturday so I could tidy up the front garden etc.
Anyway on Monday night he knocked my door about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, thought he was asking if I need more garden tools to borrow ? But he was steaming drunk ! Kept saying you come to the house and have our vodka, as he had friends there I could make out. Said i only drink beer and went back in. An hour later he was back banging my door and shouting, saying you just have one vodka ! He is staying indoors I reckon as haven't seen him since, just his missus nodded to me this morning.
He was out front till midnight that night shouting down his phone and an ambulance turned up. Don't know what happened ? And I thought it was bad in the flats in Bell Green ! 😣

shmmeee

Poles love a drink man. Should’ve gone over. My old Romanian neighbours randomly came out and helped me fix my fence once, I went over with a six pack to say thanks and turns out I found the only tee total Eastern Europeans!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My missus is Polish/Lithuanian. She loves a drop of vodka now and again! ;)

bringbackrattles

The poles do love their vodka, worth trying to the bison grass one. Quite nice of him to be sociable in some respects.
I did go in first time but all 4 of them were steaming and out of it. I said or tried to say I'll have a beer, but no beer just vodka. Knocked the shorts on the head years ago, just lager or Guinness these days. I hear the Poles are freindly my sister said her new neighbours have just starting saying hello, and they've been next door a year !

Marty

The poles do love their vodka, worth trying to the bison grass one. Quite nice of him to be sociable in some respects.

Żubrówka is class, such a smooth vodka. So much better then the stuff you get off the shelf here, with that burning after taste.

I was given Vodka as a child when I was ill, you're raised on the stuff, my granddad made his own his stuff which was about 80% and he would drink it like it was water.

You should accept his invitation, my mum always told me that as the polish are relatively poor, they won't get you anything, but they'll feed you instead, and some of the food is amazing.

bringbackrattles

I've had to knock off early as it's that hot the windows were smearing up as soon as I had put water on them. I reckon a glass of vodka now and I'd be kipping all afternoon ! 😎

wingy

got given a bottle by a Polish lad I worked with, gave me apple juice to go with it which he said was the ideal mixer.
I wonder if that combines to taste like German schnapps?
Gripe water reminds me of the flavour.
Not that I've had gripe water in eons Lol

LastGarrison

I’m quite a regular visitor to Poland, was there about two weeks before lockdown, and every time I go I always bring back 2 or 3 bottles of Luksusowa vodka.

It’s made with potatoes and literally means luxury. Costs about £11 a litre and is up there with the smoothest vodka I’ve ever drink, I mean Grey Goose smooth.

Doesn’t tend to last long though.

Nick

Administrator
I used to have Polish Neighbours, utter pricks they were as well.

Then I think a Latvian couple moved over the road, he is a bit of a big bastard but just say hello in passing and drop each others parcels off if we arent in. Nice enough but I think they like a bit of vodka.

Ask them to get you some of this next time

1597272567995.jpeg

fernandopartridge

I used to have Polish Neighbours, utter pricks they were as well.

Then I think a Latvian couple moved over the road, he is a bit of a big bastard but just say hello in passing and drop each others parcels off if we arent in. Nice enough but I think they like a bit of vodka.

Ask them to get you some of this next time

View attachment 16419
I'm not a massive fan of the honey one but ordinary Perler is a good lager. All of the polish beers are OK tbf

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyone had a Polish Cheesecake? Bloody lovely! My missus is always looking out for it. I made one myself just to see how it turned out and have to admit, it turned out smashin'! ;)

skyblueinBaku

The Eastern Europeans are brilliant in their use of Tvorog (cream cheese) and Smetana (soured cream) in cakes and pastries. The British equivalents are very poor so you have to get them from Eastern European delicatessens.

Users who are viewing this thread