New music venue in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Otis

Coventry to get brand-new music venue The Empire

The Enemy already set to perform gig at the concert hall in Far Gosford Street later this year

• 237 Shares
  • Tweet
  • +1
  • LinkedIn

Coventry will soon be the home of a brand-new music venue.

The Empire will host the best of alternative rock bands, musicians and DJs as they aim to help put city's nightlife scene back on the map.

The venue, situated in Far Gosford Street next to Lickety Lick's ice-cream parlour, will take over from Hush, the Coventry University Students' Union venue which was shut down earlier this year.

The exciting new live venue will feature regular club nights as well as internationally-recognised artists, with Coventry rock trio The Enemy set to perform there live this November.

JS61887574.jpg

The former 'Hush' nightclub in Far Gosford Street, Coventry. It will become a concert venue called 'Empire'.The rock band - led by

Tom Clarke - announced on Monday their new album 'It's Automatic' would be released via Warner Records this October, and the band will descend upon The Empire to perform as part of a nationwide tour on November 21.

Tickets are available now for the event, with plenty more exciting ventures set to be announced by the venue's management.
The announcement of the venue comes just weeks after fears that Coventry would find it tough to be crowned as the UK's City of Culture in 2021 due to a 'lack of music venues'.

Coventry's attempt to become UK City of Culture will go ahead after securing support from the ruling cabinet at the city council, and it has emerged that Andrew Dixon, who helped secure the title for Hull in 2017, has chosen to work as an advisor for Coventry despite approaches from other cities.

More good news for the city, though I am sure someone will find a reason to diss it.

Otis

Not sure.

I know that Hush closed down a few years ago.

No, take that back. I see it was only just closed this year. Might well have been then.

Otis

Looking good down there now with Fargo and music and theatre venue there and now this one too.

ajsccfc

Isn't there meant to be some kind of music venue behind Drapers/Browns at some point too?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've been to a few music venues in Cov over the years. I used to love the General Wolfe and saw a couple of good bands at the Mercia in Lockhurst Lane - The Bootleg Beatles being one of them, when they just started out. It's about time the city had a good venue. We led the way musically for a while in the 70's and 80's. It would be great to see local bands doing good once again!

LastGarrison

Empire being set up and ran by a poster on here I am led to believe.

Also, someone was telling me the old Diplomat is now a live music venue as well and the one at Fargo will open up soon enough as well so definitely picking up on that front.

Otis

Also, someone was telling me the old Diplomat is now a live music venue as well and the one at Fargo will open up soon enough as well so definitely picking up on that front.

Yep, the Diplomat is up and running. The Roadhouse now I believe.

Nick

Administrator

Who??

LastGarrison

In all fairness to The Kasbah they do have some decent gigs there! Ocean Colour Scene with Weller guest appearing was class and Jamie T got the place rocking just to name two that instantly spring to mind!

Users who are viewing this thread