New Manager (1 Viewer)

Knowledge

Just wanted to gauge opinion over who the real fans would like as new manager - ie: who would make you more likely to buy/renew a season ticket for next season?

K

Nick

Administrator
It would have to be somebody young and hungry who wants to play nice football.

From what Thorn is saying about winning 5-3 is something I would like but losing 2-1 at Preston isn't quite the same! :(

sky_blue_up_north

Curbs, O'Neil...

Dinyull

Want a younger manager from League 1/League 2 with a growing reputation. Last thing we need is another Coleman, Boothroyd type appointment. Bring someone in with new ideas and let him bring in his own backroom staff instead of being made to work with what we have. Need a new start.

Tisdale is a name that oftern pop's out - Howe would have been great.

skybluetom

Want a younger manager from League 1/League 2 with a growing reputation. Last thing we need is another Coleman, Boothroyd type appointment. Bring someone in with new ideas and let him bring in his own backroom staff instead of being made to work with what we have. Need a new start.

Tisdale is a name that oftern pop's out - Howe would have been great.

Yeah I'm with that, I'm sick of us going after these so called 'big names' who many moons were managers at a higher level.

Trouble is with the way we hire and fire so much if your a young up and coming manager are you going to want to come here?

Dinyull

Trouble is with the way we hire and fire so much if your a young up and coming manager are you going to want to come here?

Possibly not. But then again not many clubs (in this league at least) have the potential we do with a 300k poulation and the Ricoh.

You wouldn't have said Burnley were an attractive club when Coyle joined.

sky_blue_up_north

Good call, but I wonder if Greg Abbott is on the radar as well, Cov kid etc, could do worst

TheSnoz

Sky Blue M, Gary Hill, not a bad choice. He works wonders on what must be a tiny budget. Only concern is that he's not going to sell many season tickets.

TommyAtkins

Howe turned down a number of clubs before he went to Burnley. In Burnley, he picked a well-run club, with parachute payments, a fairly decent squad and well-balanced expectations. Howe wouldn't have gone anywhere near Coventry and I suspect Tisdale will feel the same way. He won't want to risk his growing reputation at a club that has no money and has had 10 managers in 10 years.

I would prefer to see Thorn and Harrison tasked with avoiding relegation and wait until the summer

im-confused

Stuart pierce.. although he is too involved in the england youth teams.
I think we need a manager who won't take any messing around and can motivate the team like a rocket up their backsides.. someone like big Sam!

ccfcway

Howe turned down a number of clubs before he went to Burnley. In Burnley, he picked a well-run club, with parachute payments, a fairly decent squad and well-balanced expectations. Howe wouldn't have gone anywhere near Coventry and I suspect Tisdale will feel the same way. He won't want to risk his growing reputation at a club that has no money and has had 10 managers in 10 years.

I would prefer to see Thorn and Harrison tasked with avoiding relegation and wait until the summer

And yet the Burnely fans were FAR from happy when they lost on the saturday and then drew with us on the Tuesday. He is far from on easy street with that job !

OyJimmy

George Graham - Yes he'd be expensive but he'd command the respect of the players (like Dalglish does at Liverpool), he sort out our defence, he'd keep us up and he'd develop our kids. He'd also probably relish the challenge and I think he'd get us up at the first attempt.

If we really want success he the man! He may also attract someone rich to buy the club like Jojar Dhinsa...:laugh:

Covstu

George would be nice but out of our price league. Unfortunately we cannot ne too picky, we need to hopefully get a young up and coming manager and then stuff his career up!!

Users who are viewing this thread