New Left Back (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Sensible that Mowbray is trying to get a new left back in on loan rather than bring Haynes back from Cambridge. Haynes doesn't cut it for me and anyway we have ten games to rescue our season so we need experience and players willing to put their neck on the line for the cause.

In Stokes we had that. My player of the season, hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

i'll wait to see who it is before judging but i dont see the problem with playing haynes he could even give us some flare down the left wing

torchomatic

I don't mind his flare and his runs, I just don't think he's very good at defending.

oucho

I suppose Haynes is Plan B (or Plan C, if you prefer) for if we can't get someone else in....related to the player turnover thread though, there are probably advantages in bringing RH back purely for familiarity / continuity reasons...we've got lots of newish faces in the back 4 already at the moment.

chiefdave

So long as we don't end up with nobody as he's left Haynes at Cambridge and can't get anyone suitable in.

torchomatic

Well, Ramage is out on loan now and likely never to return so I think TM is set up to bring someone else in.

So long as we don't end up with nobody as he's left Haynes at Cambridge and can't get anyone suitable in.

Gazolba

If a player gets injured and our replacement isn't good enough to fill in, then why is he the replacement? Isn't the whole purpose of having a replacement that he can step in when needed? And what message does it sent to that player when we start talking about signing a new replacement?

superskyblue

Brad Smith from Liverpool would probably be available on a short-term loan. He's played, and been impressive, in a couple of their cup matches this season.

Also, you'd like to think Klopp would trust us given we gave Kent a decent spell here.

Terry Gibson's perm

If a player gets injured and our replacement isn't good enough to fill in, then why is he the replacement? Isn't the whole purpose of having a replacement that he can step in when needed? And what message does it sent to that player when we start talking about signing a new replacement?

Correct why why have all these players in the squad and then never use them and loan players in, it's great saying we have a twenty five man squad but not if only twelve are good enough to play they may as well stuff the squad full of the people on here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Brad Smith from Liverpool would probably be available on a short-term loan. He's played, and been impressive, in a couple of their cup matches this season.

Also, you'd like to think Klopp would trust us given we gave Kent a decent spell here.

dont think Klopp is a big fan of loaning players likes to work with the young ones.

Users who are viewing this thread