New Ice Cream Place (1 Viewer)

armybike

The one on Far Gosford St is very popular but has far greater footfall, better parking and more houses around it.

This seems like an odd place, but might get trade from the college?

Grendel

The one on Far Gosford St is very popular but has far greater footfall, better parking and more houses around it.

This seems like an odd place, but might get trade from the college?

That's a chain there are shops all over the place.

ajsccfc

There must be an ice cream place with a non-creepy name somewhere. Creams and Lickety Lick both sound perverse.

Grendel

There must be an ice cream place with a non-creepy name somewhere. Creams and Lickety Lick both sound perverse.

Lickety Lick - that's it. One in earlson and kenilworth.

I'm tempted to make a joke here about a ice cream parlour in Gosford offering an alternative to a 99wo but my political correct side refrains me from doing it.

Creams have taken out advertising with Hillz FM. Adverts sounds proper professional. Myself and one of my colleagues at Hillz are gonna be at the grand opening on Monday. Should be fun. For doing a couple of interview, we get free ice cream :D

Otis

Lickety Lick - that's it. One in earlson and kenilworth.

I'm tempted to make a joke here about a ice cream parlour in Gosford offering an alternative to a 99wo but my political correct side refrains me from doing it.

Lickety Lick actually have 2 shops in Coventry, not just 1. One is in Far Gosford Street and one in Earlsdon.

This new place is right next to Swanswell Pool and has great views of the pool from its windows. Also, as some have said, really close to City College and about 20 seconds walk from Sidney Stringer too.

We should diss though shouldn't we, cause it's Cov, innit. :whistle:

ajsccfc

If it stays open stupidly late you'd get the Colly crowd skipping that burger van for a job lot of drunken waffles too.

Johnnythespider

"While taking in the lakeside view", that's if you can see past the "white lightening" drinking alkies. I give it 6 months!

Otis

"While taking in the lakeside view", that's if you can see past the "white lightening" drinking alkies. I give it 6 months!

The Swanswell is beautiful, but it does seriously need cleaning up and families are put off by the few drunks and down and outs that hang round there.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Shame this didn't open 10 years ago the amount I would put in their pockets popping in for my body weights worth of ice cream after a night in the Colly! (I know it will be closed at 4am)

Didn't even know the pub there had closed.

chiefdave

If it stays open stupidly late you'd get the Colly crowd skipping that burger van for a job lot of drunken waffles too.

There's loads of these places down here and they all stay open till the early hours. Busiest time is when the pubs and clubs kick out - absolutely rammed.

Not sure if that alone will be enough to make this location a good choice, can't imagine a great deal of passing trade the rest of the time.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

There's loads of these places down here and they all stay open till the early hours. Busiest time is when the pubs and clubs kick out - absolutely rammed.

Not sure if that alone will be enough to make this location a good choice, can't imagine a great deal of passing trade the rest of the time.

Isn't the college about 100 yards away in sure kids will go in groups to buy overpriced ice cream, it has potential but just one of them it's opening in the summer which is spot on but after the kids finish for the year. Could have done with it opening a couple of months ago to get the ball rolling.

Company in Australia 'Cold Rock' all over Aus pricey but absolutely unreal, hope for the owners sake it's a similar set up to those.

Johnnythespider

The Swanswell is beautiful, but it does seriously need cleaning up and families are put off by the few drunks and down and outs that hang round there.
Not trying to run the city down Otis, just think somewhere in town would be better, maybe a concession in the motor museum or downstairs in the old fire station opposite.

Otis

Not trying to run the city down Otis, just think somewhere in town would be better, maybe a concession in the motor museum or downstairs in the old fire station opposite.
No, agree. It is a slightly odd location and not the best in terms of passing trade. One of the empty outlets in Trinity Street would have been a better option I would have thought.

Otis

No, agree. It is a slightly odd location and not the best in terms of passing trade. One of the empty outlets in Trinity Street would have been a better option I would have thought.
The fire station would be great too.

Macca

Ha ha FairPlay Otis once you get your teeth into a point you bloody well stick to it. I don't think I ve ever heard anyone under 65 describe the Swanswell as beautiful and that is usually in the past tense

jimmyhillsfanclub

I used to buy my pills & thrills from an ice cream van when I was at college in Pompey many many years ago.......true story.

Otis

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/famous-ice-cream-chain-ready-9605008

Are people going to walk out of town to get an ice cream or are they targeting the professional women of the city?

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Just been with my daughter. Very busy in there, The place is great and done out really nicely and the menu includes coffees and cakes and waffles, as well as ice creams. Had a great seat looking out onto the Swanswell and the ice cream was delicious.

Only been open 3 days, but it's looking good at the moment. Hopefully more word of mouth and return visits will have the place thriving.

jimmyhillsfanclub

ICE CREAM NEWS......I highly recommend the new ice cream from BLUR....yes, that's BLUR....one of Britains finest indie pop combo bands of the last 25 years....

...turns out they make delicious ice cream too.

"The Magic Whip" is an old skool vanilla custard & raspberry ripple ice cream & is available in your local Cooperative Food shop.....Its is lipsmackingly good!!

....and a free tune to download too.....

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!

kdrinkell

I went on Friday evening and its so much better than Lickety,so much choice and the service was quick which always wins people over.

Otis

I went on Friday evening and its so much better than Lickety,so much choice and the service was quick which always wins people over.
Only one thing annoyed me and that was the over the top customer service.

Think we must have been approached 5 times at our table to see if were happy with everything.

Guess with it only being open 3 days they were a bit OTT, trying to impress.

kdrinkell

Only one thing annoyed me and that was the over the top customer service.

Think we must have been approached 5 times at our table to see if were happy with everything.

Guess with it only being open 3 days they were a bit OTT, trying to impress.
Just the once with us on Friday,I did laugh at some of the sights going into town though,a bloke with a purple mohican and black and white patent leather shoes with a partner in a short skirt both in their fifties and so many more.

Otis

Just the once with us on Friday,I did laugh at some of the sights going into town though,a bloke with a purple mohican and black and white patent leather shoes with a partner in a short skirt both in their fifties and so many more.

My dad and mum promised they'd stop doing that!

Otis

Third time we've been to this new ice cream parlour, Creams and it is busier than ever. Absolutely heaving in here.

Maybe not such a ridiculous place for an ice cream parlour after all.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

After living in Italy for several years any ice cream in this country is a massive disappointment.

Grendel

After living in Italy for several years any ice cream in this country is a massive disappointment.

Come on. The view of Lake Garda pales into insignificance when you can view the Swanswell.

Otis

Well, people can knock it all they want, but tonight is the 6th time we've been and it was more packed than ever.

We went at 7 pm tonight and had to queue to get in. People were queuing outside on the street to get inside and the place was really full.

It's absolutely thriving and that can only be a good thing for the city and in particular, that area of Coventry.

Covstu

Well, people can knock it all they want, but tonight is the 6th time we've been and it was more packed than ever.

We went at 7 pm tonight and had to queue to get in. People were queuing outside on the street to get inside and the place was really full.

It's absolutely thriving and that can only be a good thing for the city and in particular, that area of Coventry.
Got a season ticket there Otis?

Users who are viewing this thread