New hobbies thread (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Masterbating...not new but doing it far more often.
Always tickles me when I think back to a newspaper headline when Everton played in Europe. “Everton master Bate” think it whooshed over most people.

Reactions: vow

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Got back into fishing a couple of years ago when I semi-retired after about 50 years. Fished some lakes but far too easy. Now just pop to the Oxford canal at Thrupp once or twice a week. Love the peace and tranquillity. Wife loves it too as she gets the house to herself!
I gave up fishing when I moved back to the mainland. Years ago, I fished regularly at Tunnel Barn Farm at Shrewley. Then we moved to the Isle of Wight and I swapped my coarse gear for sea gear. Had a great 8 years catching loads of good, edible fish. Came back a couple of years ago, swapped my sea gear for coarse gear and after going just twice, realised I missed sea fishing too much so sold all my gear and haven't fished again for the last 2 years or so.
Bream 1.JPG
SEA BREAM
Plaice.JPG
PLAICE
Sea Bream 1.JPG
ANOTHER SEA BREAM

Smoothound.jpg
SMOOTHHOUND (SMALL SHARK)
100_4086.JPG
COUPLE OF SEA BASS 100_4082.JPG
AND FOUR MORE SEA BASS.

Sbarcher

When I lived in Leamingto I used to be a member of the Leamington Sea Vikings club. Once a month a coach would leave Ford Foundry car parl at 4am to head to the coast for sea fishing. A full day out on a boat then back home after midnight to clean and gut the catch. Much prefer sea fishing but limited opportunities now so stick to the canal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Enjoyed getting back into club cricket this year and made a few decent scores but forgot what a bastard it is umpiring your own team-mates.

Sbarcher

Enjoyed getting back into club cricket this year and made a few decent scores but forgot what a bastard it is umpiring your own team-mates.
Surely unless the middle stump is flattened, it's just a long stare.........

Adge

Got back into fishing a couple of years ago when I semi-retired after about 50 years. Fished some lakes but far too easy. Now just pop to the Oxford canal at Thrupp once or twice a week. Love the peace and tranquillity. Wife loves it too as she gets the house to herself!
Haven’t been for 18 months or so and promised myself when the football season finishes and the fishing season starts (mid June) that I would get the rods out. A recent house move has now put paid to that! 🥺

Users who are viewing this thread