New Ground - Safe Standing (1 Viewer)

Rodders1

I really hope in the near future city will own a ground and we can build momentum again.

I have really thought this is a perfect opportunity for the club to be the first to introduce safe standing at their ground. Imagine something similar to Dormund's "yellow wall". How awesome would that be!

The atmosphere would be great and also we'd have a ground that would hold more that the 18000 being touted.

We were the first to have an all seater stadium - may be this next?

What do you all think?

ccfctommy

Yawn is right. It will never happen. No approach has been made to any council. Its a total false pretence.

Calista

Flippin' heck - nice here isn't it!!

I’ll assume that you’re a genuine poster, as I have no reason to believe otherwise. In which case, the responses you’ve had so far are an absolute disgrace.

Cheers for posting, it’s an interesting question and definitely to be taken on board if the stadium idea ever turns out to be more than a diversionary tactic. I’d love to stand again, including at the Ricoh.

Edit: The most offensive of the responses above was removed, making my post look like a nannying over-reaction. Which of course it was anyway :)

Last edited:

Rodders1

I’ll assume that you’re a genuine poster, as I have no reason to believe otherwise. In which case, the responses you’ve had so far are an absolute disgrace.

Cheers for posting, it’s an interesting question and definitely to be taken on board if the stadium idea ever turns out to be more than a diversionary tactic. I’d love to stand again, including at the Ricoh.

I am a genuine poster and fairly new also. Seriously considered never coming back until you replied. Thanks.

It was just an opinion which I personally think would be great.

skybluetony176

I'm at an age now where I appreciate a seat but I think safe standing is a great idea and like you say will increase capacity of any new ground especially if it's in a tight spot like The BPA.

ccfctommy

Fine, i'll play along.

Safe standing is a good idea and hopefully this will be looked at in English football in general. Rail seating they call it?

Don't expect it to see it at Highfield Road 2, as Highfield Road 2 will never exist ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

I like the idea of standing coming back but it's not for me as I can't be bothered to get into the ground early enough to get a good spot, done my days of standing on the kop at HR and nothing will beat standing at hillsborough or Wembley. But grounds definitely had a better atmosphere when the average man could afford to go.

dongonzalos

I will just struggle with the whole concept of a new stadium. Until someone can explain how it is financially viable. This question never seems to get asked to the owners.
The owners just keep getting asked about locations which they say they can't discuss due to commercial confidentiality.
How is it financially viable and how will it help the owners get their stated aim of getting their money back and moving on.

If I can buy into that part then I can start dreaming about a new stadium. Sorry mate but it's just the way my mind works. It kinda feels like you are getting had over if you start discussing on here.

I assume that why that stadium committee stopped discussing it as well.

Rodders1

Fine, i'll play along.

Safe standing is a good idea and hopefully this will be looked at in English football in general. Rail seating they call it?

Don't expect it to see it at Highfield Road 2, as Highfield Road 2 will never exist ;)

You're probably correct about highfield road 2! Imagine the north stand with safe standing. A few flags like the kop - just brilliant!

Maybe a Cov supporting billionaire is reading this and will buy the Ricoh and implement it - I can always dream....

letsallsingtogether

Safe standing already at The Butts just can't see if it is more then 3 deep.☺
So maybe just maybe you will get your wish.

Liquid Gold

I like the idea of standing coming back but it's not for me as I can't be bothered to get into the ground early enough to get a good spot, done my days of standing on the kop at HR and nothing will beat standing at hillsborough or Wembley. But grounds definitely had a better atmosphere when the average man could afford to go.

As far as I'm aware you wouldn't go in and pick your spot you have to buy tickets for a certain 'seat' that you have to go and stand at, the only difference is that the seats are bolted up so you can fit more people in a row

Liquid Gold

Also I would love safe standing wherever we end up playing. There are areas of all grounds where people stand and away fans usually stand so I don't see why the powers that be can't be prgmatic and work a practical and safe compromise that satisfies fans demands and health & safety requirements

Calista

I really hope in the near future city will own a ground and we can build momentum again.

I have really thought this is a perfect opportunity for the club to be the first to introduce safe standing at their ground. Imagine something similar to Dormund's "yellow wall". How awesome would that be!

The atmosphere would be great and also we'd have a ground that would hold more that the 18000 being touted.

We were the first to have an all seater stadium - may be this next?

What do you all think?

Unfortunately, you combined your great point about safe standing with a reference to the new stadium, which can be like a red rag to a bull. Still, you didn’t deserve the outright abuse you got (before the worst of it was removed).

standupforcity

What I don't get is why the seats at all where the rails are? Can't see anyone wanting to sit behind the rails....two designated area is all that's needed...seating or standing. What is good is the nature of the the railing, creating safe standing...

Calista

I will just struggle with the whole concept of a new stadium. Until someone can explain how it is financially viable. This question never seems to get asked to the owners.
The owners just keep getting asked about locations which they say they can't discuss due to commercial confidentiality.
How is it financially viable and how will it help the owners get their stated aim of getting their money back and moving on.

If I can buy into that part then I can start dreaming about a new stadium. Sorry mate but it's just the way my mind works. It kinda feels like you are getting had over if you start discussing on here.

I assume that why that stadium committee stopped discussing it as well.

I know what you mean about being sucked in to a pretence. Everything Fisher has said about a new stadium has been an embarrassment to himself and to CCFC (although he never seems to mind that, and of course it has suited his wider purpose). However, the new guy doesn’t seem like the kind of mug who would come in and just be a mouthpiece for bullshit. There have been a couple of signals recently that make me suspect the Butts thing might just go further – and purely by location it at least has something to offer, unlike a field by the airport which we can't afford in any case.

Anyway, new ground or no new ground, the OP’s point about safe standing is worth discussion. I’m all for it, wherever we play. A great shame about the Ricoh is the way our “lively” fans are stuck up in the corner by the scoreboard, not like the old days behind the goal.

shmmeee

Was mentioned a bit in the Stadium Forum GRoup IIRC. There was supposed to be a group going to look at this "rail" seating thing.

So either: yes, they're looking at it. Or, no the stadium forum was a joke and they would've said it would have massage chairs and personal supermodel waitresses just to get us on board.

Terry Gibson's perm

What I don't get is why the seats at all where the rails are? Can't see anyone wanting to sit behind the rails....two designated area is all that's needed...seating or standing. What is good is the nature of the the railing, creating safe standing...

Is it so you can use them on European nights?

Rodders1

Yes afraid I was naive to mention new stadium.

Also sorry sick boy I posted two threads after realising I wanted this thread on the main forum.

Unfortunately and quite understandably people are suspicious of " new stadium" posts.

Users who are viewing this thread