New Goal Kick Rules (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Ball no longer has to leave the penalty area before it's in play. Goalie can tap it to a defender in the box to play short. Attacker still has to stay outside the box. Looks like we got rid of Burge too soon!

pastythegreat

Ball no longer has to leave the penalty area before it's in play. Goalie can tap it to a defender in the box to play short. Attacker still has to stay outside the box. Looks like we got rid of Burge too soon!
I wouldn't go that far! Just because a new rule has helped his distribution problems, there is no new rule banning goalkeepers from talking to his defence or stopping opposition players attacking crosses and corners. Burge is in the best place he can be! Derailing sunderlands season.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

CrawleySkyBlue

This is not allowed per the laws and regulations of the game. You’re not allowed to deliberately set up a scenario to chest/knee/head the ball back to the goalie, so this should be an indirect free kick as per the pass back rule.

If not, it will be banned soon anyway.

Edit - however if you deliberately set up the scenario involving more than 1 outfielder it is fine. I.e Marosi passes it to Bright who flicks it up to Walker who knees it back to Marosi. Marosi would be able to pick the ball up, despite it all being deliberate.

Last edited:

CanadianCCFC

Edit - however if you deliberately set up the scenario involving more than 1 outfielder it is fine. I.e Marosi passes it to Bright who flicks it up to Walker who knees it back to Marosi. Marosi would be able to pick the ball up, despite it all being deliberate.
I wasn’t aware that 3 different teams could be on the pitch at the same time. Not only that, but your scenario includes 3 teams from 3 different divisions!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

This is not allowed per the laws and regulations of the game. You’re not allowed to deliberately set up a scenario to chest/knee/head the ball back to the goalie, so this should be an indirect free kick as per the pass back rule.

If not, it will be banned soon anyway.

This is incorrect -

Users who are viewing this thread