New car (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I’m trading one of my cars I think things month and I know I can get a new car of the following in my budget I’ve set

Vauxhall Crossland
Kia Ceed
Hyundai I30
Skoda karoq
Kia Sportage (this is used but would get full new car status)

Has anyone got any of these. Can’t be bothered with test drives. I’d never think about a crossland but it looks ok spec wise

Ian1779

I looked at a Crossland X when trading in my old car last year. I liked the spec and it drove really nicely. Only got a Qashqai in the end as Nissan offered far more for trade in on the old car than Vauxhall.

rob9872

Karoq the best build but the new all electric version is lovely.

That said I'd never buy a new car, a low mileage 12 months old still represents best value imo.

Otis

I’m trading one of my cars I think things month and I know I can get a new car of the following in my budget I’ve set

Vauxhall Crossland
Kia Ceed
Hyundai I30
Skoda karoq

Has anyone got any of these. Can’t be bothered with test drives. I’d never think about a crossland but it looks ok spec wise
If you go for the I30, get the 1lt one. The 1.2 has no punch at all to it. My best friend just bought one and the guy in the showroom said as much, but she decided to go for the 1.2 and it really struggles with power at times.

Evo1883

Vauxhall Crossland
Kia Ceed
Hyundai I30
Skoda karoq

My best mate came round today with his 2017 plate sportage... It is lovely and comes with 4 years warranty still

Grendel

That said I'd never buy a new car, a low mileage 12 months old still represents best value imo.

I get why you say that but if you are monthly payment led id guarantee I could get a new car on a lower monthly payment than an equivalent nearly new one. It’s a long winded game but retailers work in very odd ways. The one mainstream manufacturer that bucks that is Ford

Ian1779

I know it’s not on your list or maybe not what you’d be looking for, but I would also recommend a Qashqai.

RegTheDonk

My best mate came round today with his 2017 plate sportage... It is lovely and comes with 4 years warranty still
Wife got one and it hasn't let her down. Dealer didn't insist on going to them for the service to keep up the warranty, but said as long as you get it serviced and stamped by a recognised garage and you use approved parts, the warranty will be good. Handles nicely but, like the football, can't comment too much as I'm no petrol head.

Grendel

I know it’s not on your list or maybe not what you’d be looking for, but I would also recommend a Qashqai.

Will take a look no nothing about Nissan or which group runs the local dealer

Grendel

check out the volkswagen t-roc

VW i think will be a harder slog as i guess like ford they have a semi premium ego and a lower new car VRB but will take a look as they are super cars

Grendel

It is. I need to have a look as that’s a higher monthly payment but probably a better all round car. Sutton Park is a bit of a ropy dealer but they’ve offered me one at £300 a month so that means it’s going to be £230 when I finish with them

Grendel

If you go for the I30, get the 1lt one. The 1.2 has no punch at all to it. My best friend just bought one and the guy in the showroom said as much, but she decided to go for the 1.2 and it really struggles with power at times.

Yeah BHp is the king and not engine size as ive found out with the car I’ve now got to trade

CJ_covblaze

In laws have got a Sportage after years of having Focuses. Decent motor. Get a lot for you dough.

Ian1779

Just one thing I forgot to mention, if you are looking at PCP a lot of the brands do 3 year deals, Nissan standard is 4 years.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I second that. The Karoq would be my choice. I'd never buy a VW ahead of a Skoda these days.

Macca1987

Last 2 cars previous were Sportages, never had a problem with them, loaded with spec even at entry levels. Always wanted a Jeep so jumped ship 2 years ago and got a Jeep Compass, had it on a 4 year PCP, just want to go back to my Sportage now lol

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

My last 2 cars have been Skodas, not a Karoq (Octavia) but i can definitely recommend the brand in general. If you are looking at a Ceed then perhaps consider the Octavia too? I've heard good things about Sportages but no direct experience.

Terry Gibson's perm

I test drove a new Sportage and ordered it but they changed the interior on it to black and cream and I didn’t like it so I cancelled it and have now ordered a Volvo xc40.

We have an i20 which is very nice and have had about 6 Hyundai’s at different times we always try to get them from the garage by the airport it’s far better than the one in Coventry.

olderskyblue

+1 for the Skoda.

and, you’ve got VW & Seat as bargaining tools to get big discounts.

Terry_dactyl

I have to say I know nothing about cars but I’ve got a Pulsar, had it under a year and given me nothing but trouble. Most recently the computer system failed for no obvious reason. Leaving me crawling along at 5mph on a dual carriageway. Anyway, on this occasion the AA man said that Nissans used to be great but have “gone to shit” since they were sold to Renault.

skybluesam66

I have to say I know nothing about cars but I’ve got a Pulsar, had it under a year and given me nothing but trouble. Most recently the computer system failed for no obvious reason. Leaving me crawling along at 5mph on a dual carriageway. Anyway, on this occasion the AA man said that Nissans used to be great but have “gone to shit” since they were sold to Renault.
I think people who have a reliable car will always promote their brand and vice versa
I have had british, german,and japanese cars that have all given me trouble
owned about 4 peugeots for about 400,000 miles, and never had an issue with them - yet i am aware most people wouldnt touch a peugeot

Terry_dactyl

I think people who have a reliable car will always promote their brand and vice versa
I have had british, german,and japanese cars that have all given me trouble
owned about 4 peugeots for about 400,000 miles, and never had an issue with them - yet i am aware most people wouldnt touch a peugeot
It almost feels like luck! When my Peugeot started giving me trouble I knew it was time to sell it, same with a VW I had. Both had nearly 100k on the clock.
like I say, I really know nothing about cars. It’s Just what the AA man said...he’s been out a few times.

Kneeza

I've had Fords, Triumphs, Hillmans, Citroens, Austins, VWs, Toyotas, a Honda, a BMW.
All money-pits.
Just have a Scott pushbike now.
Laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread