Neil Warnock is available (1 Viewer)

covkid69

would have him in a heartbeat.....think he would get the best out of the rabble we have

Last edited:

Evo1883

I would have him , its wether we could offer a contract better than talksport , as i know he will probably end up back there .

I would love to have Warnock or Nigel Worthington. But we gotta be realistic. Warnock will not come here. He's just left a Premier League club. He wont come down to a team battling relegation in League 1. Hate to burst people's ballons but we gotta be realistic guys

oscillatewildly

I would imagine it's a done deal as I type. He's no doubt crawling on hands and knees up from Cornwall to accept. Well, you'd be mad not to want to manage us wouldn't you?

covhead1

I would love to have Warnock or Nigel Worthington. But we gotta be realistic. Warnock will not come here. He's just left a Premier League club. He wont come down to a team battling relegation in League 1. Hate to burst people's ballons but we gotta be realistic guys

Leave my ballons alone

chiefdave

I can't stand Warnock but he'd get the job done I think. Reckon he could at least get us up to the Championship. Once we get there it depends on the financial situation. If he was given a competitive budget I wouldn't bet against him getting us into the Prem. He's been there, done that and I can't imagine him accepting the types of performances we're seeing at the moment.

Edit: saying that there's zero chance of him coming here. Our best bet is an upcoming L2 or Conf manager who believes in himself. That's the only type of manager who I'd be looking at and probably the only ones who'd be interested. As bad as things are if you were a young manager who really believed in yourself being the one who finally brings some level of success would look great on the CV.

stupot07

Warnock would walk into another championship club, there is no way he would drop down to League One.

and why the hell would we want Nigel worthington????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluepm2

What we need is a proven manager who has at least one promotion on his CV within the football league...not some scruffy nodding dog who focuses on youth football, bigging up every player as if they are the new class of '92. Why have the Pressley out chants not started? Do SISU not take not of the attendances falling each and every week?

RFC

I agree SP needs to go but I'd rather RFC in charge than Warnock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick with SP & the longer-term plan, just for a change.

It's our 'revolving door' that's helped get us into our current situation, amongst other things!

bringbackrattles

No matter what name is put forward you always get a mixed opinion from City fans if you said Mourinho or Wenger someone would say we don't want him he's a dickhead etc.I'd love someone like Warnock here but it won't happen.
Ally McCoist for me but that ain't going to happen either so sadly we're stuck with Pressley !

skybluepm2

It's our 'revolving door' that's helped get us into our current situation, amongst other things!

Look I'm all for a bit of stability but certainly not when the individual in question is unbelievably out of his depth and has us on a one way ticket to League 2. What's this longer term plan you speak of anyway? We'd all love to know..or are you just going to try and get a rise on each thread and then do a disappearing act as per usual?

Grendel

No its appointing managers not fit for purpose

Chipfat

You think Sisu would open themselves up for the biggest mouth in football walk into the door and let the whole world know how much shit we really are in, on national TV radio and satellite at any given opportunity.. Sisu will not admit SP was a wrong decision and until that point happens SP is on safe ground and even if SP goes except a yes man who has been out of work a while how needs a chance no matter circumstance....

Last edited:

M&B Stand

Ah the Long term plan....the shit manager get out clause.
Sorry you can't sack me, I've just put in place a long term plan!

martcov

Ah the Long term plan....the shit manager get out clause.
Sorry you can't sack me, I've just put in place a long term plan!

It is now the "longer term" plan.... according to RFC. Does that follow on from the "long term" plan? SISU have been here around 8 years now and we have "progressed" to a "longer term plan" from what was apparently a "short term plan". Can we not have a manager who motivates people into an "immediate plan" - as Robbins did with us and again now with Scunthorpe?

Nick

Administrator
It is now the "longer term" plan.... according to RFC. Does that follow on from the "long term" plan? SISU have been here around 8 years now and we have "progressed" to a "longer term plan" from what was apparently a "short term plan". Can we not have a manager who motivates people into an "immediate plan" - as Robbins did with us and again now with Scunthorpe?

I agree, sometimes we don't have the time for managers to learn their trade and have a longer term plan.

Usually if somebody is working to a long term plan they have a short term fix as everything goes to shit before you get to the longer term anyway.

ps. Screen printed this to mention you have actually spoken about football once....... :p

martcov

I agree, sometimes we don't have the time for managers to learn their trade and have a longer term plan.

Usually if somebody is working to a long term plan they have a short term fix as everything goes to shit before you get to the longer term anyway.

ps. Screen printed this to mention you have actually spoken about football once....... :p

Yes, because the last time I enjoyed coming over ( from Germany ) to see a football match was in the short lived Robbins era. Wait for it.......... at Franchise club MKDons..;-) Great atmosphere, exciting game, went home happy. Pressley era - last match I was at in Northampton ( Swindon), frustrating, disappointing and apart from the hand car wash and nice pub in Northampton - a waste of time. What is missing is the hope. There is none. At MK there was hope in the air, but it turned out to be the usual false dawn. Yes, I still "browse" here and BBC and sometimes CET to see how things are going during the game, but it is getting predictably depressing.

Samo

It is now the "longer term" plan.... according to RFC. Does that follow on from the "long term" plan? SISU have been here around 8 years now and we have
"progressed" to a "longer term plan" from what was apparently a "short term plan". Can we not have a manager who motivates people into an "immediate plan" - as Robbins did with us and again now with Scunthorpe?

This long term plan stuff is nonsense when it comes to your 1st team manager. The long term plan is set by the owners/board who make decisions on investment/youth set up, etc. Its club policy. They then employ a manager who is informed of that policy and is expected to do his part: the first team. Sacking SP should have no effect on the long term plan ( if there is one ) as the next manager ( employee ) will be told what the club policy is and what is expected of him.

Kingokings204

In other news.... Sir Alex ferguson is thinking of coming out of retirement.

skybluebeduff

What has SP done in his managerial career to warrant such faith? Have you been watching the football lately????? and be honest for once in your life!!

skybluebeduff

Also were 18 months into his "long term" plan? I need to know what this "long term" plan is!! Because so far it's a plan to be relegated and nothing else.

martcov

This long term plan stuff is nonsense when it comes to your 1st team manager. The long term plan is set by the owners/board who make decisions on investment/youth set up, etc. Its club policy. They then employ a manager who is informed of that policy and is expected to do his part: the first team. Sacking SP should have no effect on the long term plan ( if there is one ) as the next manager ( employee ) will be told what the club policy is and what is expected of him.

That is very true, but what about some jolt in the plan in order to avoid relegation? Or is relegation acceptable for the greater good in the long term? Sounds very risky.

Samo

That is very true, but what about some jolt in the plan in order to avoid relegation? Or is relegation acceptable for the greater good in the long term? Sounds very risky.

No it certainly is not acceptable, which is why the manager should go and the long term plan remain in place.

chiefdave

What is classed as long term? SP is currently the 32nd longest serving manager in the country. Looking at those who are ahead of him, or even just below him, is there anyone with anything like as bad a record as he has?

Paxman II

I see SP in the same kind of light as Brendan Rodgers. You have two strikers who bring you a great run of form, create excitement and while we leak goals we score more and things look good. Then it transpires against you and you lose said two top strikers completely and what are you left with? How do you replace that? Unless you get lucky then the hunt is on but what you bring in (Balliotelli/Madine) while the best quick shout you can make it fails to enlighten your position. You continue the policy of bringing in the youth to the first team and get slaughtered for it but the odd gem comes through (Haynes) and you keep up your belief. You change the way we play because of the loss of those stirkers but that fails to bring the best out of everyone as before.

So do you sack Rodgers/Pressley in the wake of disgruntled fans or wait and back him in January with a few new faces and see what can be done?

skybluebeduff

I see SP in the same kind of light as Brendan Rodgers. You have two strikers who bring you a great run of form, create excitement and while we leak goals we score more and things look good. Then it transpires against you and you lose said two top strikers completely and what are you left with? How do you replace that? Unless you get lucky then the hunt is on but what you bring in (Balliotelli/Madine) while the best quick shout you can make it fails to enlighten your position. You continue the policy of bringing in the youth to the first team and get slaughtered for it but the odd gem comes through (Haynes) and you keep up your belief. You change the way we play because of the loss of those stirkers but that fails to bring the best out of everyone as before.

So do you sack Rodgers/Pressley in the wake of disgruntled fans or wait and back him in January with a few new faces and see what can be done?

He shouldn't be backed in the Jan transfer window, he's getting rid of players he brought in from the Summer transfer window, he shouldn't be trusted with our limited budget anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread