NBA (1 Viewer)

SleepyGinger

With the play offs about to start thought I’d check if there was any fans on here?

Watched the Michael Jordan documentary on Netflix about a year ago (highly reccomend) and been hooked on it ever since, as I work night shifts so been able to watch a fair bit and follow it quite closely.

Seen the NFL thread but couldn’t see anything about the basketball.

Frostie

I love it but never seem to find time to watch it all nowadays. Doesn't help that my team (Magic) have been awful for years. Finished this season with 3rd worst record & have a massive rebuild job to do.

Was mad on it in the 90s (showing my age!) with the likes of Jordan & Pippen, Stockton & Malone, Kemp & Payton & - of course Shaq & Penny!
It's amazing how much the sport has changed since those days.

You might have just inspired me to delve in a bit more again this year, especially as I think some of the potential matchups will be really interesting.

SleepyGinger

I love it but never seem to find time to watch it all nowadays. Doesn't help that my team (Magic) have been awful for years. Finished this season with 3rd worst record & have a massive rebuild job to do.

Was mad on it in the 90s (showing my age!) with the likes of Jordan & Pippen, Stockton & Malone, Kemp & Payton & - of course Shaq & Penny!
It's amazing how much the sport has changed since those days.

You might have just inspired me to delve in a bit more again this year, especially as I think some of the potential matchups will be really interesting.

I have adopted the bulls as my team so not much better, 11th and our draft pick goes to you (if it’s not a top 4 pick) as part of vucevic trade.

If that was your era I’d highly reccomend the last dance documentary on Netflix if you haven’t seen it.

I fancy the lakers to win it again this year.

Frostie

I have adopted the bulls as my team so not much better, 11th and our draft pick goes to you (if it’s not a top 4 pick) as part of vucevic trade.

If that was your era I’d highly reccomend the last dance documentary on Netflix if you haven’t seen it.

I fancy the lakers to win it again this year.

Yeah I have mate, binged through it in a couple of evenings as soon as it released, was really good. 😁

Yeah, interesting that the Lakers had to go via the new 'Play In' but with a fit again LeBron they'll always be in with a chance. And yes I appreciate your post was before their victory last night!

Nets roster is ridiculous but I have a hunch on Bucks to finally come good behind Giannis.

Il Pirata

Been a fan of the Utah Jazz since the Stockton and Malone days. They have a good roster together for the first time since those days, but it probably misses a bit of star quality to win a championship.

The NBA is different now, star players move regularly, they assemble together on certain big market teams to try to win a championship together. It's difficult for small market teams like the Jazz to compete, but not totally impossible.

Bertola

Knicks fan here, so excited to be back in the playoffs, even if I do have to watch Trae Young flopping around for potentially 7 games!

Theres a decent UK NBA fans community on twitter, with some really decent content being served up for fans over here.

Bertola

The NBA is different now, star players move regularly, they assemble together on certain big market teams to try to win a championship together. It's difficult for small market teams like the Jazz to compete, but not totally impossible.

I get your point, and agree with it, but the JAzz have just finished with the best record in the league. A massive achievement

scottccfc

always loved the NBA but never really got close to choosing a team, any advice choosing would be greatfully recieved

Il Pirata

I get your point, and agree with it, but the JAzz have just finished with the best record in the league. A massive achievement
I get that, but the playoffs are different, the intensity is different and the big players often decide games.

PurpleBin

Went to see the Knicks at MSG a couple of years back. Never really followed it up but started watching again recently.

The Heat v Bucks game last night was decent.

Terry Gibson's perm

Scandalous that was. It's one thing I really hate about US Sports, how they have little respect for traditions with the franchise model & they just up & leave communities willy nilly.

They should have an expansion team in the next few years and the nhl side starts soon. The area deserves it, it’s a very affluent area which can easily support a basketball team.

Il Pirata

Looks like Seattle and Las Vegas (yawn) for a future NBA expansion draft too. I guess they saw how well the Knights did in the NHL and couldn't resist the latter. I'd rather see a team go back to Vancouver, or to a basketball hotbed on the Eastern Conference side like Louisville, KY.

SleepyGinger

Good game tonight between the suns and the lakers, Chris Paul carrying an injury all game but suns still got it done, whoever wins this tie will get the the final I think.

PurpleBin

Watching the Knicks v Atlanta. Knicks look really poor.

Saying that, Atlanta seems to be pretty good. That Trae Young looks a talent and a half.

Bertola

We’ve (Knicks) been terrible this series. Even the game we won, we stole against the odds. Too many of our players just haven’t turned up.

Randle, Barrett and Bullocks shooting have been awful.

And we have no answer for Young... he’s an odious little prick though. Can’t stand him

Bertola

What Giannis has done in these finals is nothing short of legendary, especially when three weeks ago, there were serious concerns over his season being ended through injury.

To cap it off with 50, in a championship winning game is stuff of legends

Mucca Mad Boys

What Giannis has done in these finals is nothing short of legendary, especially when three weeks ago, there were serious concerns over his season being ended through injury.

To cap it off with 50, in a championship winning game is stuff of legends

You get the feeling that this could be a moment where the mantle of ‘king’ is being passed from Lebron to Giannis. He’s had a great playoff

I’m backing the Lakers to be strong next year, and the Nets will be a bigger threat if they stay healthy. If Giannis can beat them again, that would be some achievement.

Great year all around for Giannis!

Users who are viewing this thread