"My view is that football or no football, not enough is happening at the Ricoh Arena" (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

You'd have thought that as the previous regime at ACL reportedly started the search for potential alternative tenants way back in 2011 when SISU were actually still paying the rent, they may have had some sort of plan B by now....

....and in fact, Plan B is playing the O2 later this month....

NorthernWisdom

I'd rather there was no plan B.

Football stadiums for football clubs. it's the way... backward, but back to a time where football was football.

Not business, income streams, development and diversification.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Oh I agree wholeheartedly ....I love the old grounds...surrounded by terrace houses & local pubs...

I fucking hate the new breed of grounds & that includes the vacant Ricoh....not been since 2006....away games only since then...

NorthernWisdom

Oh I agree wholeheartedly ....I love the old grounds...surrounded by terrace houses & local pubs...

It's one thing with being relegated (again and again and again!) more... genuine ;) grounds.

Haven't been to Shrewsbury mind you, but that kind of ground from the pictures doesn't inspire. Have been to Sixfields and once inside it's alright, but the outside's generic desolate retail estate, just on a smaller scale to the Ricoh.

Now Brentford, there's a proper ground. Hope their move doesn't wreck that.

Hobo

Luddites the lot of you!

RPHunt

It is not unheard of for politicians to ask questions about something, that is backed by their own party, and to which they already know the answer. The real reason is to bring it to public attention.

So what could be the answer? Are ACL and/or the council proposing to encourage and facilitate the formation of a new football club to play at the Ricoh, perhaps?

This would give a new club plenty of time, before next season, to enter discussions, with the various bodies, and ascertain where a new club could enter the football pyramid. Also, if SISU did liquidate CCFC, as prophesied by some, the new club would be in place to employ the players whose contracts would presumably be terminated. This would enable a new club to approach the FL and say "we have the players, we have the ground, give us the golden share and we can fulfill the fixtures".

Is this any more fanciful than the notion that SISU will ever build a new ground?

Grendel

It is not unheard of for politicians to ask questions about something, that is backed by their own party, and to which they already know the answer. The real reason is to bring it to public attention.

So what could be the answer? Are ACL and/or the council proposing to encourage and facilitate the formation of a new football club to play at the Ricoh, perhaps?

This would give a new club plenty of time, before next season, to enter discussions, with the various bodies, and ascertain where a new club could enter the football pyramid. Also, if SISU did liquidate CCFC, as prophesied by some, the new club would be in place to employ the players whose contracts would presumably be terminated. This would enable a new club to approach the FL and say "we have the players, we have the ground, give us the golden share and we can fulfill the fixtures".

Is this any more fanciful than the notion that SISU will ever build a new ground?

Images of a little chap shouting "the plane, the plane!" spring to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread