My thoughts (1 Viewer)

Coventry City are a massive part of my life as a season ticket holder who also goes to nearly every away game. l love travelling away to watch the team, but I am pissed off at the thought of travelling outside the City for 'home' games. For me football has always been about community and supporting your local club. A football club plays it home games in it's Town or City, not elsewhere. I stood on the hill to proest most weeks at Northampton but never went in the ground and probably will not go to Brum either. Those who have constantly slated the Ricoh as a 'souless' bowl will soon be very nostalgic about it when watching football on a Sunday (there will be no Saturday games) in a similar sized ground with little more than a few thousand others, that is the home of one of our rivals.

It won't change my views, but if the owners really do care about the fans they would do one or all of the following...
1) Free travel with convenient pick up / drop off points for anybody with a ticket.
2) Similar season ticket prices to Bradford for any season that we play outside of Coventry.
3) Free coach travel to real away games for season ticket holders as Stoke City have done for nearly 10 years..
As we all know, none of this will happen.

Gazolba

Maybe Wasps should install a huge screen and televise the games at the Ricoh.
Jimmy Hill did a similar thing 50 years ago and the technology must have improved a lot since then.

Reactions: TTG

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Maybe Wasps should install a huge screen and televise the games at the Ricoh.
Jimmy Hill did a similar thing 50 years ago and the technology must have improved a lot since then.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Stoke free away travel (Premier League /parachute revenue) If CCFC pay for travel - player budget impacted, as with reduced season ticket prices.

Users who are viewing this thread