My Thoughts for Saturday (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Right I have to admit after 60 minutes wish I had played five a side and missed match entirely!! However it did improve a little in last 30.
Here are my thoughts.

Formation - Not convinced by 5-3-2 but think we should try one more game just to give players time to adapt......this is what I would go with assuming this is what we stick to.

GK: Allsopp - better then Burge just at this moment in time but neither are Joe Murphy we miss him!!
RWB: Phillips - Haynes demonstrated you need to play higher up park and have engine both of which Phillips posesses should start imo.
LWB: Haynes - Played well and deserves a start seemed to push a lot higher up then Pugh worth a start on performance
CB: Webster - Limited but solid and in top 3 in squad
CB: Clarke - Needs to move back central better than Willis and adds some pace to central defence
CB: Reda - Has to start if fit hope so!!!
DCM: Fleck - Sat deep in the Gerrard role looks a class above in terms of distribution slight concerns over defensive element of gam
ACM: Swanson - Patchy but saw enough to think he could work in this role
ACM: O'Brien - A bit patchy to say the least but saw something about him like Swanson to start him
CF: Tudgay - Like Reda hope he is fit
CF: Miller - MIxed bag but to me looked more of a threat than Mcquoid.

Subs: Burge, Pugh, Willis, Daniels, Thomas, Maddison, Mcquoid.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pretty much agree with everything, Pugh and Clarke aren't wing backs. Haynes was much better in the role, not sure if Phillips is suited but deserves a shot ahead of Clarke. Midfield 3 pretty much picks itself due to a lack of number, Pressley will probably select Thomas though but I would go with what you have picked. Miller gives us a better goal threat in behind and should start alongside one of Mcquoid/Tudgay.

rob9872

My thoughts for Saturday .... On holiday in Newquay! First time I can remember taking our main summer break after season started, such has my support fallen im not that bothered. For years I booked everything around games now I don't even know who were playing.

stupot07

I'd go back to basics.

Allsop

Clarke Webster Johnson Pugh
O'brien Thomas fleck Swanson
Tudguy miller

johnwillomagic

I am old fashioned and prefer 4-4-2 if I were to go that formation may well go with your team though that would be harsh on Haynes.
I would like to see Phillips given a crack somewhere I think he must have upset someone.....he always looked good to me when played
still remember his equaliser at Wolves.....

speedie87

The sooner Pressley realises this is lge one lge one players the better. Asks your worst players on the ball, the defenders to try and start every attack from the edge of our own area doesn't work.

Get the the defense up the pitch if Webster is to slow to do this drop him.

Keep it simple

ccfc92

My thoughts for saturday:

why am I travelling 280 miles to stand on a hill, when I could be at the Ricoh?

3 points would be great though, but a draw is the most realistic result at the minute.

johnwillomagic

"why am I travelling 280 miles to stand on a hill, when I could be at the Ricoh? "- not sure who that player is to keep it on topic must be wearing a wide shirt?

cmoncity

If this formation clicks then i truly believe we will cause problems.but i think if things hasnt improved by 4 games in it needs to be changed. If a new formation was to be used id have got them back earlier for pre season.but in sp we trust.pusb

Warwickhunt

If this formation clicks then i truly believe we will cause problems.but i think if things hasnt improved by 4 games in it needs to be changed. If a new formation was to be used id have got them back earlier for pre season.but in sp we trust.pusb
we don't have the players with the intelligence to play that style

RFC

Need to see where we are after 10 games but I'm expecting at least a couple but possibly 3 more signings. The new formation will take time to bed in and we will have to adapt and be more flexible with it.

letsallsingtogether

Need to see where we are after 10 games but I'm expecting at least a couple but possibly 3 more signings. The new formation will take time to bed in and we will have to adapt and be more flexible with it.
Can't keep waiting for them to jell the season will be finished and we will be in the shit saw no positives today and 3 more signings will not change that more loanees that no one else wants

Littlewood CCFC

i agree entirely. Hate this formation and i am not a big fan of Jordan Willis at all - for a pro footballer his touch and decision making is awful. Great shout on the team though i think if we do use this 3-5-2 thats the best possible team ATM.

Warwickhunt

Right I have to admit after 60 minutes wish I had played five a side and missed match entirely!! However it did improve a little in last 30.
Here are my thoughts.

Formation - Not convinced by 5-3-2 but think we should try one more game just to give players time to adapt......this is what I would go with assuming this is what we stick to.

GK: Allsopp - better then Burge just at this moment in time but neither are Joe Murphy we miss him!!
RWB: Phillips - Haynes demonstrated you need to play higher up park and have engine both of which Phillips posesses should start imo.
LWB: Haynes - Played well and deserves a start seemed to push a lot higher up then Pugh worth a start on performance
CB: Webster - Limited but solid and in top 3 in squad
CB: Clarke - Needs to move back central better than Willis and adds some pace to central defence
CB: Reda - Has to start if fit hope so!!!
DCM: Fleck - Sat deep in the Gerrard role looks a class above in terms of distribution slight concerns over defensive element of gam
ACM: Swanson - Patchy but saw enough to think he could work in this role
ACM: O'Brien - A bit patchy to say the least but saw something about him like Swanson to start him
CF: Tudgay - Like Reda hope he is fit
CF: Miller - MIxed bag but to me looked more of a threat than Mcquoid.

Subs: Burge, Pugh, Willis, Daniels, Thomas, Maddison, Mcquoid.
I was looking at Reda Johnsons track record last year, I think we have a Ledley King on our hands only plays Saturdays and does not train in the week

skybluepm2

He's been saying this for weeks RFC. What ever happened to having all signings in place before returning to pre-season training? It was the same last season, dragging their heels in the transfer market and when the signings have arrived they've been nothing to shout about. Yes this is negative but I am struggling to think of an SP signing that has actually worked out for the club.

woody11462

I would like to see Pugh in the Connor Thomas role, see how effective he would be there, can win a tackle and looks confident on the ball.

skybluepm2

Carl Baker not even on the bench last night, what is that all about?! SP needs to grow a pair and say why he isn't even getting a look in. Surely nothing to do with ability!

Users who are viewing this thread