My Saturday (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

girls and TM.jpg

I just wanted to share my experience from last Saturday. The attached photo was taken in TMs office prior to the Gillingham game, at which both of my daughters were mascots.

It was my youngest's first ever game and the eldest's second, and due to the experience are now City mad. Neither has stopped talking about the day since and a huge thanks to the club (especially our hosts, Kirstie and Kim) for making their (and my) day so special.

They were allowed into the changing room before the game where they got autographs and photos with every squad member. All of them were engaging and accommodating. We then met TM before heading out onto the pitch for a pre-match coaching session. They then obviously got to lead the players out before the game.

I strongly recommend any of you who have young children, if you haven't already, to register them as JSBs and enter next season's draw for mascot places.

I now have two very eager girls desperate to join me on my next 400 mile round trip. Happy days.

PUSB

Speedies_Chips

Good work Lee. That's 2 more recruits.

I might have to try again with my Grandson. I lost him to Minecraft during the Sixfields era.

skybluelee

Brilliant to hear! Top work from everyone at CCFC!
Hope they're converted!

They certainly are. Last night hey were both singing 'Sky Blue Army' in the bath and playing the 'see who can remember the names of the most Coventry players' game.

I don't think I've ever been so proud as a father. :)

Do all JSB's get entered or do you have to speak to club? My daughter is JSB and keeps asking to be mascot. I was mascot back in 1992 vs Spurs. Our first ever match on Sky.

ajsccfc

I've got a polaroid of me sat on Oggy's knee at a Christmas party. He's dressed as Santa, Greg Downs is lurking behind us and this is definitely not a dream I wake up from screaming

Gazolba

See, having girls isn't so bad after all. I have two of them myself.

skybluelee

Do all JSB's get entered or do you have to speak to club? My daughter is JSB and keeps asking to be mascot. I was mascot back in 1992 vs Spurs. Our first ever match on Sky.

No you have to apply. The club put the details on the website during the summer. All JSBs under a certain age (possibly 12...) are eligible. The day is free but they do need to turn up in the current kit.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Being City mascot is probably still my favourite CCFC moment!
Amazing & unforgetable day, can't wait for my lad to be old enough to do...... V Batcelona in the CL semi final 2nd leg 2021/2022 season.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was a mascot against Chelsea in the mid 80's can't remember much but I am told I slipped over when passing the ball on the pitch and then missed the only goal of the game while I was getting changed. Not allowed in the changing rooms but I was allowed to send in my autograph book and I think I met Martin Jol.

mechaishida

TM is our very own 'Ace' Rimmer - without the dubious wig.

I was never in the JSB's myself, got stuck behind the 'Interesting People' in the West Stand who would only cease their chats about Golf, share prices and Noel Cantwell to berate Phil Neal/Big Ron/Strachan. That's nearly 8 years of hurt, there.

Still, wonderful to see TM being the manager we've always wished for. :D

Thanks for the reply. Will have to keep an eye out in summer. Oggy was captain when I was mascot. There were 2 city mascots that night. The other lad kept passing the ball straight back to Oggy, me on the other hand was aiming for the corners. No chance of me missing the chance of scoring in the west terrace end! Have the whole thing on video, really need to get it transferred to DVD.

Liquid Gold

I was a mascot in the 90's, Villa at Highfield Road, I think we lost 2-0. It was amazing walking out of the tunnel to 23k screaming city fans then passing the ball about with Dion and Whelan.

Its been all downhill since then

rupert_bear

On a bit of a sour note, my Grandson aged just one, has got a teddy bear for his birthday from the club JSBs, was suppose to be some clothing but they ran out apparently, so went to pick the said teddy up on Saturday and quiet honestly it is a joke, an embarrassment. It is smaller than the palm of my hand, with an apology of a badge stuck on and brown, not even Sky Blue ffs ! which would have helped. I suppose at one year old he won't even notice but it certainly isn't a keepsake, if we don't keep our eyes peeled the hamster will chew it up.

skybluericoh

On a bit of a sour note, my Grandson aged just one, has got a teddy bear for his birthday from the club JSBs, was suppose to be some clothing but they ran out apparently, so went to pick the said teddy up on Saturday and quiet honestly it is a joke, an embarrassment. It is smaller than the palm of my hand, with an apology of a badge stuck on and brown, not even Sky Blue ffs ! which would have helped. I suppose at one year old he won't even notice but it certainly isn't a keepsake, if we don't keep our eyes peeled the hamster will chew it up.

Maybe you should paint the hamster sky-blue and swap it

Users who are viewing this thread