My profile (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

I can not find a way to change where i live in my profile.

I no longer live in france and i can't find a way to put Norfolk where i live now. I bet my bottom euro it is really easy, as i'm not really PC about this subject,(pardon the pun) can you give your help in very laymens terms.

The Rev

The Reverend Skyblue

Welcome back Rev. How come you're back in the motherland?

I came back in March and we are now in Diss , the main reason was that my son came back to uni in London last september and we all miss him ,and with my other child my daughter, was due to go onto college in France but we could'nt find one that had a music bias course available locally or very few nationally, as thats her obsession, and music based A levels are available in most areas in England,It just made sense that this was the perfect time to come back.

I am now easily available to my son who can get to us on the train in an hour ,and one of the best music based courses was available in Diss and she could get on it for September, we decided to come here.

Also another reason was i really missed having a local pub to go to as i lived rurally in France and the local bar never opened weekdays and closed at 10pm weekends, it was'nt worth walking to it.

Socially most things in France take place in other peoples houses,you sort of take turns hosting dinners etc, but the same people go week in week out and i missed going out for a few pints and meeting the locals.Its hard to explain the feeling of not having the option of going to a local regularly, until its took away from you.

Another big reason was i missed the skyblue matchday experience, and after 9 years without it regularly i'm gagging to get going again.

The Rev

oo i forgot to mention we missed our families as well

Last edited:

BurbageSkyBlues

Interesting read , Rev.

We came very close to buying in France, a couple of years ago, after becoming a 'francophile' over the last 30 years or so. I love the countryside, and the way of life - but had not really thought about the 'local', in the way that you have said above.

Another co-incidence - I have family over in Norfolk - used to be down the road from you, in Fressingfiled, but now nearer to Norwich. My nephew still gets over to some games, so maybe he can hitch a lift if you need company on the journey!!

The Reverend Skyblue

Interesting read , Rev.

We came very close to buying in France, a couple of years ago, after becoming a 'francophile' over the last 30 years or so. I love the countryside, and the way of life - but had not really thought about the 'local', in the way that you have said above.

Another co-incidence - I have family over in Norfolk - used to be down the road from you, in Fressingfiled, but now nearer to Norwich. My nephew still gets over to some games, so maybe he can hitch a lift if you need company on the journey!!

Burbage, i really loved living in France and its an experience i will always treasure, and the weather was lovely but the love and happiness of my family always comes first. I look back on it as a hugely positive experience and i have so many wonderful memories of my time there.

Both kids are obviously fluent in french and that language will open many doors workwise here in England , my son is hosting/waitering receptions for the french speaking world at the Olympics/ParaOlympics, which will lead to further work afterwards , in many areas as there's a big demand for french speakers in London.

I'll never rule out going back as i loved it and would recommend it to anyone , but my heart will always be here as this is by far the best country in the world, its just we don't realise or think it. When your not living here you become even more incredibly proud of England and being English ,and the pull to come back was huge,well it was in my case. You do get the anti Britain British , who slag off everything to do with England, but in general they moan about every subject under the sun and i really avoid being in there company

I still have'nt sold my house yet so i still have to go back now and then to do maintenance,cut the grass etc, but the housing market is like here and there is few buyers out there, and with the Euro dropping so much at the moment i lose money on it every week it sits there.

The Rev

Last edited:

Rich

I guess it can be hard to leave the way of life here in the uk behind when moving to foreign lands. As much as most people don't appreciate it, we really have it quite good in this country.

The Reverend Skyblue

Burbage, i forgot to say your nephew is welcome to hitch a lift with me when we come over to the Ricoh, send me a PM and i'll give you contact details so he can contact me.

The Rev

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hate to say this, but I've just returned home to the Island after spending a few days back in Cov and couldn't wait to get back here. Just didn't like being back in Cov at all. It was busy, I felt unsafe, heavy traffic etc, etc. It is just SOOOO chilled here. Sorry Guys, I won't be back to live but CCFC are always in my heart!

rob9872

Why did you come in the off-season Houch? I'm sure its probably for friends/family reasons but always better to have tied it in with the game.

Where in Norfolk are you Rev? I'm on holiday in Heacham next week (and Fakenham races on Sunday :) )

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
All down to 'er indoors Rob. She who now holds the purse strings, must be obeyed! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread