Music Memorabilia (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Having a sort out at home, finally decided to hang some things on walls rather than sitting in a dusty box. I know there's some musos on here, wondered what interesting things people had.

I'll start with probably my favourite birthday present ever. Dad knew Manic Street Preachers were my favourite band so found out which of their singles was out when I was born, which also happened to be one of my favourite songs, and managed to find a signed, handwritten white label vinyl for my 21st. With it being 1991 that means the 4th autograph is Richey Edwards' which makes it even more special.

you love us 1.jpg

you love us 2.jpg

skybluetony176

Having a sort out at home, finally decided to hang some things on walls rather than sitting in a dusty box. I know there's some musos on here, wondered what interesting things people had.

I'll start with probably my favourite birthday present ever. Dad knew Manic Street Preachers were my favourite band so found out which of their singles was out when I was born, which also happened to be one of my favourite songs, and managed to find a signed, handwritten white label vinyl for my 21st

View attachment 25755

View attachment 25756
Went to see them at Wolverhampton civic hall when they first became famous and before Richy Edwards went missing. That’s from that era too. First 2 albums were the best. Probably my favourite song of there’s too.

JAM See

I'll start with probably my favourite birthday present ever. Dad knew Manic Street Preachers were my favourite band so found out which of their singles was out when I was born, which also happened to be one of my favourite songs, and managed to find a signed, handwritten white label vinyl for my 21st. With it being 1991 that means the 4th autograph is Richey Edwards' which makes it even more special.

View attachment 25755

View attachment 25756
What a great dad. You're a lucky child.

My old man would never have dreamed of getting me a Husker DU/Half Man Half Biscuit/Jesus and Mary Chain record.

Nevermind [sic], getting one that was signed by the band in question.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

0CB6EB23-21A1-49DD-BC59-8C32E927BCC5.jpeg 1788762B-A1AA-42C2-B5A9-3DF4047496F9.jpeg Clearing out my Grandad’s place we found a few bits that hadn’t seen the light of day for a while. In a bag there was an old rag. Asked my Dad if he knew what it was. “That’s Ozzy’s towel”. He caught it during Sabbath and Van Halen’s gig at Coventry Theatre in 1978.

I then asked if a Led Zep shirt was his. Casually replied: “Nah it was John Bonham’s”. I didn’t know until this point that he used to hang around with him and his son at a motocross track.

Users who are viewing this thread