Murphy/The first goal (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

I was talking to a friend of mine, former player at club level and for England, who went on to manage. This was his take on it;

'I saw the goal. In Murphy's defence, the attack was not nullified and the "golden rule" is you stay marked up until the ball is cleared a reasonable distance from the goal. That ball was bouncing around inside the box and in no way should any defenders go missing. It was a ridiculous goal though, as was the second.'

----------------------------

Just thought it should be put out there.

mark82

We should have had a penalty before the goal. Also defender got pushed meaning the ball hit him and bounced out for a corner. Ridiculous officiating.

Otis

http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...oventry-city/10149457/coventry-1-2-scunthorpe

Vincelot's second yellow looks a tad harsh on reexamination. Looks like he pulled out and their player clattered into him.

Who was marking the man on the second corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

First goal looks like it's Ricketts' man and he just ambles out of defence and leaves him all alone just outside the 6 yard box. Think the second one looks like Ricketts too.

Del Boy 82

Ricketts left his man. Poor, no excuses from a senior player. Cannot just start strolling out your box when the ball is only yards in front of you. No awareness to what's around him. Ricketts could of prevented the corner in the first place, could see it come of Lorentzsons back after he was shoved and if he'd of chased it would of got to it before it went out. Was clear that was there main threat was from set pieces, so to let them have a free corner is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread