mrs jimmy hill speaks (1 Viewer)

He has dementia and obviously has no real understanding due to him being unwell - it's sad to hear. Great man.

mattylad

This is the story that needs to be pushed out to the wider football audience if we want to get them onside to support our plight. Those of you that know twitter well should be doing your bit.

Last edited:

ICHAN

To be fair mattylad, i did some work the weekend for a spurs fan who lives by greg downs and he told me that he feels sad for whats happening to the club (great club were his words), so I honestly think that fans of other teams know whats going on and genuine football fans (not the moronic type) do care about whats happening to our club.

Sky Blue Dal

Mrs Hills quote:

“We don’t want Jimmy’s statue moved because we believe the wonderful Ricoh Arena should fit the ambitions of Coventry’s great football club.
"The heritage must stay at the stadium with the team.”

Now this is a great statement she has made and what I have been trying to push through to all sky blue fans... Please note the following sentence "ambitions of Coventry’s great football club."

Why are some fans even contemplating of even considering that it may be viable to build this £30m stadium" A thread here was started regarding this and I just refused to contribute towards it as there were a few comments obviously by a few younger members (I will not name as I refused to get into any slanging match) who seem not to understand the heritage of the club. They don't seem to have any acknowledgment of the Sky Blues before 1987. They will never understand where a lot of the older fans are coming from as they argue against any move or building of a new stadium.

These few fans really need to look at bigger ambitions and see the reasons why we must stay at the Ricoh arena.

To be honest, I was like many fans here who missed Highfield road and heavily criticised the Ricoh , this was mostly to do with Nostalgia. But thanks to SISU I have realised that we are now in the 21st century and the sky blues are playing in a 21st century stadium... now to me that is a massive move forward and are now recognised as a club playing in a high class stadium. Because of this I have fallen in love with the Ricoh and hopefully some time in the future we will own it. Its all a matter of waiting.

Thank you SISU for waking me up ... Highfield Road is now a distance memory and I will never forget it but bring on the Ricoh. One day it will be sky blues fortress.

For me its the Ricoh or nothing!!

Last edited:

mattylad

Mrs Hills quote:

“We don’t want Jimmy’s statue moved because we believe the wonderful Ricoh Arena should fit the ambitions of Coventry’s great football club.
"The heritage must stay at the stadium with the team.”

Now this is great statement she has made and what I have been trying to push through to all sky blue fans... Please note the following sentence "ambitions of Coventry’s great football club."

Why are some fans even contemplating of even considering that it may be viable to build this £30m stadium" A thread here was started regarding this and I just refused to contribute towards it as there were a few comments obviously by a few younger members (I will not name as I refused to get into any slanging match) who seem not to understand the heritage of the club. They don't seem to have any acknowledgment of the Sky Blues before 1987. They will never understand where a lot of the older fans are coming from as they argue against any move or building of a new stadium.

These few fans really need to look at bigger ambitions and see the reasons why we must stay at the Ricoh arena.

To be honest, I was like many fans here who missed Highfield road and heavily criticised the Ricoh , this was mostly to do with Nostalgia. But thanks to SISU I have realised that we are now in the 21st century and the sky blues are playing in a 21st century stadium... now to me that is a massive move forward and are now recognised as a club playing in a high class stadium. Because of this I have fallen in love with the Ricoh and hopefully some time in the future will own it. Its all a matter of waiting.

Thank you SISU for waking me up ... Highfield Road is now a distance memory and I will never forget it but bring on the Ricoh. One day it will be sky blues fortress.

For me its the Ricoh or nothing!!
Totally agree but a Ricoh ran under and for the benefit of CCFC as should always have been the case

ajsccfc

This is the story that needs to be pushed out to the wider football audience if we want to get them onside to support our plight. Those of you that know twitter well should be doing your bit.

Let's keep it quiet from Sunderland and Scotland at the same time though.

Sky Blue Dal

Totally agree but a Ricoh ran under and for the benefit of CCFC as should always have been the case

Matty ... If the sky blues carry on playing at the Ricoh ... in time be it 10 years, 20 years or 30 years time I truly believe that CCFC will own the actual Freehold of the stadium. Life has shown me that as time goes by every councils/private organisations moving into the future will always need funding to start new projects and the way they do that is by selling off older assets to fund these.

Always has been like that.

To say they will never get the stadium as freehold is being short sighted.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
From Urban Dictionary for 'Jimmy Hill' (of all places), but gist is correct - "1 - Is an English football analysist on Sky Sports. He is extremly unpopular with the Tartan Army as he described David Nareys goal against Brazil as a 'toe poke'. He is immortalised by the song: "We hate Jimmy Hill! Hes a poof! Hes a poof!"

Steve_75

Sky Blue Dal - like you said, the Ricoh fits the ambition the club should have. If SISU stay as owners, the only way they could potentially recover the money they have supposedly put in would be a return to the premier league. If they have to factor in not only the building of a new stadium but the cost of having to expand it should we ever look like we're on our way back there, it makes the whole idea of a new stadium even more ridiculous.
If anything, their current plan is likely to hinder the club further and therefore mean an even longer wait for any return on their 'investment'.

I said last season that the only change that needs to be made to Jimmy's statue is to bend his arm round to show him doing a 'face palm'! representing how all his work has gone down the tubes.

ajsccfc

I always thought the Scottish love for Jimmy Hill was general knowledge. It wasn't until fairly recently I heard about the Sunderland thing, that was through here.

Sky Blue Dal

Sky Blue Dal - like you said, the Ricoh fits the ambition the club should have. If SISU stay as owners, the only way they could potentially recover the money they have supposedly put in would be a return to the premier league. If they have to factor in not only the building of a new stadium but the cost of having to expand it should we ever look like we're on our way back there, it makes the whole idea of a new stadium even more ridiculous.
If anything, their current plan is likely to hinder the club further and therefore mean an even longer wait for any return on their 'investment'.

I said last season that the only change that needs to be made to Jimmy's statue is to bend his arm round to show him doing a 'face palm'! representing how all his work has gone down the tubes.

Hear!! Hear!! .. Well said my man!!!

Users who are viewing this thread