Match Thread Mowbray (1 Viewer)

blueflint

Top of league one not collapsed yet as a team could of been us should of been us.so was it just lack of investment as his player choices are ok this time

Grendel

Top of league one not collapsed yet as a team could of been us should of been us.so was it just lack of investment as his player choices are ok this time

Yeah he got relegated with a £25 million wage bill but hey ho

Grendel

They were relegated on goal difference on the last day of the season, which was an improvement from where they were before he took over. Based on the form under Mowbray they would have been a mid table team.

We should have kept Venus then. It would have been down to goal difference if we’d stayed up or not

oucho

We should have kept Venus then. It would have been down to goal difference if we’d stayed up or not
Purely out of interest, what do you think we should have done when Mowbray left at the end of Sept 2016? Genuine question. MV had a reasonalble start with 3 home wins, despite the Charlton defeat, before the slide began. If you were TF back then, what would you have done? Personally I have no idea!!

robbiekeane

Purely out of interest, what do you think we should have done when Mowbray left at the end of Sept 2016? Genuine question. MV had a reasonalble start with 3 home wins, despite the Charlton defeat, before the slide began. If you were TF back then, what would you have done? Personally I have no idea!!
Hired a football manager. Robins probably

robbiekeane

Long way to go yet but top.manager. the football he has us playing was sublime and made me proud to be a city fan
He shoe horned an unfit Joe Cole into the side because of his obsession with big names, insisted on playing Bigi, and signed Peter ramage and Steven hunt.
We had one chance of promotion back to the championship (yes he got us there) but then fucked it all up with his failings in the transfer market and tactical stubbornness

stupot07

Looking at the Blackburn squad, that must be easily the biggest wage bill in league one by a country mile. Theres no 2 ways about it, he failed at cov, should have finished in the play offs with that squad and didn't and poorly recruited in the second season and 0 wins from 10 was terrible.

Good luck to him, but he is nothing special.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

He fucked us over big time, he left us with hardly any apparent assets Jones apart, signed Turnbull and the likes, had us playing great at 1 stage but then really did screw us over and alledgedly walked away with no pay off ....probably because he was so fucking embarrassed

NortonSkyBlue

There is a thin line between success and failure and Mowbray epitomizes that.
Hunt, Henderson and Ramage should have got us over the line but instead were busted flushes. Their experience should have assisted not hindered us and I think that in January most were saying it was the right move, like saying Slade was the right man to keep us up the following season.
Robins is walking the same tightrope as Mowbray. Let's see how history judges him!

skybluetony176

Venus’s form would have had us finish third bottom over a season. Not sure what point you’re trying to make but as usual facts overtake it.

Sbarcher

He shoe horned an unfit Joe Cole into the side because of his obsession with big names, insisted on playing Bigi, and signed Peter ramage and Steven hunt.
We had one chance of promotion back to the championship (yes he got us there) but then fucked it all up with his failings in the transfer market and tactical stubbornness
I agree. I believe fitting JC into the team and upsetting the rhythm and balance was a major factor in our decline. A great PR coup, but a fatal team move.

oucho

Venus’s form would have had us finish third bottom over a season. Not sure what point you’re trying to make but as usual facts overtake it.
He had a 44% win ratio so not sure how we'd have finished bottom over an entire season.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some of his signings towards the end of his CCFC career were just bizarre. That’s where I think he went wrong.

We’re they his choice of signings? Or was it a SISU conspiracy to stop us playing so well? Who knows ;)

Either way, he’s doing well now with a strong team.

Good luck ‘Tone

clint van damme

quick point on competitiveness

last season at same point in season

1 Chelsea 29 22 3 4 37 69
2 Tottenham Hotspur 29 18 8 3 36 62
3 Liverpool 30 17 8 5 27 59

and currently

1 Man City 29 63 78
2 Man Utd 29 34 62
3 Liverpool 29 35 60
4 Tottenham 29 31 58

so man u liverpool and spurs would all be in a title race any other year with their pts tally so its not a case of everyone else doing badly, city are just smashing it

you're on the wrong thread you crackpot!

superskyblue

Watched a bit of the Blackburn v Wigan game at the weekend. Blackburn 2-0 up and then sat back and let Wigan dominate possession, territory and inevitably they got back to 2-2.

Warmed my heart to see another team sitting back and throwing away a lead.

Users who are viewing this thread