Mowbray vs Pressley Last 15 Stat (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Pressley Last 15 In Charge Before The Sack

won - 3
lost - 5
drew - 7

Mowbray Last 15

won - 3
lost - 9
drew - 3

Nick

Administrator
I can see the Win Ratio slowly dropping, Wikipedia hasn't got the last 3 results to see an up to date Mowbray win %

luwalla

i said this in one of my post weeks ago... pressley got sacked for a better 3 month run of games, than mowbray has had! and pressley had less resources to hand & certainly didn't have as a good a squad,

we are the Man Utd of league 1 ( who'd have thought that :) we know we should be doing better & no one wants to see the manager go...

Honestly dont think it helsp that we have so many loads / players that are off next season. that was ok when we were killing it, but when yoi are up against it & doing shit & i mean SHITE!!! what on earth have they got to play for

oucho

Thing is though, as with all employers, TM has got credit in the bag in the form of the first half of the season so he'll last until next year surely.. SP's good run in the Wilson era was long gone by the time the rot had terminally set in; he'd eroded all his previous credit and had nothing to fall back on. That's the difference.

Nick

Administrator
Thing is though, as with all employers, TM has got credit in the bag in the form of the first half of the season so he'll last until next year surely.. SP's good run in the Wilson era was long gone by the time the rot had terminally set in; he'd eroded all his previous credit and had nothing to fall back on. That's the difference.

What use is credit in the bag?

People have been saying for weeks if not months there is no Plan b and we have been found out.

oucho

I'm just saying that's why they won't sack him off the back of this run.

Personally, promotion this season, even when we were top, was never a must. Let him re-build; the behind the scenes work is ongoing. Even with the bad run, we have made progress even if the trend is obviously uneven. Sacking managers just resets the clock back to zero and means we have to start all over again.

As I posted elsewhere, TM still has a 40% win ratio overall - SP had 32%. That's part of your answer as to why they won't get rid.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Another stat

Mowbray's average points, first 23 games v remainder;-

Middlesbrough

11/12 - 1.91 vs 1.13
12/13 - 1.75 vs 0.78

Coventry
15/16 - 1.87 vs 0.9

Nick

Administrator
As I posted elsewhere, TM still has a 40% win ratio overall - SP had 32%. That's part of your answer as to why they won't get rid.

Where are you getting that from?

Wiki says 36.36% but they also haven't got the last 3 results (2 losses, 1 draw)

oucho

My source was Wiki too so sorry as is probably outdated. What's his overall record of PWLD Pts as City boss?

ccfcway

Another stat

Mowbray's average points, first 23 games v remainder;-

Middlesbrough

11/12 - 1.91 vs 1.13
12/13 - 1.75 vs 0.78

Coventry
15/16 - 1.87 vs 0.9

That gives me hope that he can pick up again at the beginning of next season (like he did in season 2 at Middlesborough). Looks like we might need to part company in xmas 2016 though :D

Otis

That gives me hope that he can pick up again at the beginning of next season (like he did in season 2 at Middlesborough). Looks like we might need to part company in xmas 2016 though :D
We need to sack him early on and preferably just after a 5 or 6 nil win.

oucho

Just to confirm, Wiki says his record is P55 W20 D17 L18 as of yesterday's game - is this correct / up to date?

ClarkeZ

So Nick, TM started well and then went down hill, SP started well and then went downhill and so has pretty much every manager we have brought in for as long as I can remember. Some didn't even get the honeymoon period.

How are we going to change the club for the better and beat the rot by doing the same thing we have failed by doing since we dropped out of the premier league? How does it fix the problem? It clearly doesn't.

"TM has no plan B" "He's clueless and can't change anything" "He's too stubborn to change his system" All things posted over and over by fans here, but that sounds a lot like the problem our club has got. No fucking plan B.
Plan A is use the honeymoon period and hope hes the perfect manager then sack him when he starts to lose. Plan B is stick with it and try and bring some stability to the club for a change, maybe we need to use a plan B.

Last edited:

oucho

So Nick, TM started well and then went down hill, SP started well and then went downhill and so has pretty much every manager we have brought in for as long as I can remember. Some didn't even get the honeymoon period.

How are we going to change the club for the better and beat the rot by doing the same thing we have failed by doing since we dropped out of the premier league? How does it fix the problem? It clearly doesn't.

"TM has no plan B" "He's clueless and can't change anything" "He's too stubborn to change his system" All things posted over and over by fans here, but that sounds a lot like the problem out club has got. No fucking plan B.
Plan A is use the honeymoon period and hope hes the perfect manager then sack him when he starts to lose. Plan B is stick with it and try and bring some stability to the club for a change, maybe we need to use a plan B.

Yes, this!!!

The most radical change to make is actually to make no change at all !

Specs WT-R75

The main difference for me with TM vs SP is that, with the exception of a few games, even the games we have been losing I have been shaking my head as to how we didn't win... whereas with SP even the few games we won were dog shit at times.

For me this is a combination of bad luck and a bunch of players that have realised that they won't be earning a Championship contract with us next year and are going through the motions. For that reason we need more of our own players like Jodi Jones... and I am prepared to give TM at least one more shot at it.

Otis

If it wasn't for the three times of nose diving out of the play-offs I would be 100% behind the bloke and would just put it down as one of those things.

But three times? Has he learnt nothing?

If he stays I'll back him, but am more than half expecting exactly the same thing to happen again next season.

Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten more fool you. Three times bitten you need to get rid of the dog.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Mowbray is the better manager, but I would fancy Pressley to get the better out of this squad than TM has.

However, Pressley probably wouldn't have managed to attract the names Mowbray has.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray is the better manager, but I would fancy Pressley to get the better out of this squad than TM has.

However, Pressley probably wouldn't have managed to attract the names Mowbray has.

It's a fair point, Pressley did ok when he had decent players (which he inherited). His problem was that his recruitment was so awful that Pressley basically built a league 2 squad in his final season here.

Mowbray has made a few mistakes recently in the market but on the whole the recruitment and scouting has been tenfold better with Mowbray and Venus than Pressley and that is the main thing that sets them apart at the moment.

The saving grace for Mowbray at the moment is the team that done so well until January was one that he built almost from scratch. Given another summer window, I still believe he can build a squad who can improve again next season

fernandopartridge

If it wasn't for the three times of nose diving out of the play-offs I would be 100% behind the bloke and would just put it down as one of those things.

But three times? Has he learnt nothing?

If he stays I'll back him, but am more than half expecting exactly the same thing to happen again next season.

Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten more fool you. Three times bitten you need to get rid of the dog.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk
Yeah, like that Alex Ferguson. Took him 5 years to win the league with United, even losing out to an average Leeds team in 1992. Useless.

Otis

Yeah, like that Alex Ferguson. Took him 5 years to win the league with United, even losing out to an average Leeds team in 1992. Useless.
Yeah and like in 1992 there was the same 12-18 month management merry-go-round we have nowadays wasn't there.

That is 24 years ago! Rightly or wrongly managers are given so much less time and besides, Ferguson is a very, very rare example.

No comparison. Every club pretty much these days give their managers 18 months max.

Pipehitterz

so
we will lose the next 2 games, fact
then millwall at home?
doncaster away
sheff utd home
oldham away

who thinks we will get anything out of any of these games, taking into account losing the last 2 games to 2 poor sides?

then we can see TM's record and how utterly terrible it is

i dont know how anyone can back him, pressley has the better record and was universally panned

Otis

I think we have a bit of a chance to pick something up at Gillingham, but Wigan look to be on a real roll and that looks like certain defeat.

Then it's Millwall and Bradford and Sheff Utd and Oldham.

I'm sure we will pull something out of the bag against someone.

If we now don't manage another win that is just going to make our season look even worse still (if that is possible)

fernandopartridge

Yeah and like in 1992 there was the same 12-18 month management merry-go-round we have nowadays wasn't there.

That is 24 years ago! Rightly or wrongly managers are given so much less time and besides, Ferguson is a very, very rare example.

No comparison. Every club pretty much these days give their managers 18 months max.
What every club does is not relevant. What successful clubs do is. Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool doing great these days with these constant changes of manager

Sky Blue Kid

It's a fair point, Pressley did ok when he had decent players (which he inherited). His problem was that his recruitment was so awful that Pressley basically built a league 2 squad in his final season here.

Mowbray has made a few mistakes recently in the market but on the whole the recruitment and scouting has been tenfold better with Mowbray and Venus than Pressley and that is the main thing that sets them apart at the moment.

The saving grace for Mowbray at the moment is the team that done so well until January was one that he built almost from scratch. Given another summer window, I still believe he can build a squad who can improve again next season

Are you looking at the same team as the rest of us? The poor run of form started in November!

oucho

Mate that's the whole point - wrongly!!!! Managers should get a three year minimum. In reality, you can't expect progress straight away. Giving managers 18 months to succeed will get us nowhere (which is exactly where it has got us up until now).

ClarkeZ

What every club does is not relevant. What successful clubs do is. Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool doing great these days with these constant changes of manager

I'm assuming sarcasm, in which case absolutely correct.

United did exceptionally under Ferguson, and have struggled since, a shadow of the team they were.
Chelsea playing shite most of this season.
Liverpool are also a shadow of the force they were some years ago, very inconsistent.

Arsenal on the other hand have finished in the Premier League top 4 for 19 consecutive seasons, every season Wenger has been in charge.

One major difference, though, is a manager who has tonnes of money to spend can immediately bring in players for his game style. Mourhino could go into a club with £100m+ to spend and get who he wants to play his game. That doesn't happen outside of the big teams, it takes so much longer to build a team at our level so to change the manager out now just wastes any building work he may have started. Its pointless unless you need a change to avoid relegation, which we don't.

oucho

Let's face it everyone, SP got sacked the minute we dropped into the relegation zone last season. If we are in the drop zone by mid-season next term, Mogga will be gone too. As it is, we're 10th and that's not a sackable offence, despite the recent poor run.

fernandopartridge

Surely it is when you think how far clear we were of 7th?

It's irrelevant, Nick. It's like saying if we'd started bottom and finished 12th, he should have been sacked for the part where we were bottom of the table. Or would he be a hero for getting us to mid table>?

ClarkeZ

Surely it is when you think how far clear we were of 7th?

Its terrible, and that change in form often would be sackable.

But sacking him 6 weeks ago might have done something for our season, it wont make a blind bit of difference now so why bother make the change. Instead lets build towards stability, he's got his second summer to bring in more players that suit his game style and dump the dead weight. TM getting the sack will help no one, we need to buck the trend and make a change by not ripping the manager out without even a full season.

Nick

Administrator
Its terrible, and that change in form often would be sackable.

But sacking him 6 weeks ago might have done something for our season, it wont make a blind bit of difference now so why bother make the change. Instead lets build towards stability, he's got his second summer to bring in more players that suit his game style and dump the dead weight. TM getting the sack will help no one, we need to buck the trend and make a change by not ripping the manager out without even a full season.

I agree, it is too late now.

Otis

It's irrelevant, Nick. It's like saying if we'd started bottom and finished 12th, he should have been sacked for the part where we were bottom of the table. Or would he be a hero for getting us to mid table>?
So, as long as we are clear of relegation and in no danger of going down it's okay if we lose 15 games in a row?

Right! Get how it works now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread