Mowbray quote explains all.... (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Well let's see...If Jones is fit for Sat and it looks likely, this could be the turning point. Millwall are in danger of taking their foot off the gas playing lowly Coventry. If we do begin to gel we'll get the results...this is potentially a stronger more balanced side than last season...roll on Saturday, can't wait!!

SkyblueBazza

Are TM and MV going into Ryton every day? I don't really see why they had to wait for the window to close and get every player into the club before doing this kind of work on the training pitches.
So you expect them to do this teamwork & coaching at the same time as working at bringing in additional players to strengthen the squad? And then do it all again if they get a few late ones in?
We are L1 CCFC in dire straits - not Premiership Leicester sitting pretty.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
So you expect them to do this teamwork & coaching at the same time as working at bringing in additional players to strengthen the squad? And then do it all again if they get a few late ones in?
We are L1 CCFC in dire straits - not Premiership Leicester sitting pretty.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

They can train with the players they already have, then if they bring new players in they just bring them up to speed.

Although MV isn't anything to do with the football side now is he?

ccfcway

They can train with the players they already have, then if they bring new players in they just bring them up to speed.

That's what he will have been doing. We only signed Sterry and Wright late last week and had a game on sat, so early this week will have been the 1st time this collective group will have trained together.

"We had a meeting yesterday and then were out on the grass for more than two hours in the morning session which was the first time this group of players has had any chance to do any sessions with any meaning"

NortonSkyBlue

Mowbray is not a thinker, that's for sure. He leaves himself with nowhere to go if results don't improve. I really want him to succeed but the tea leaves are telling me he is dead man walking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so knowing they were leaving recruitment late they haven't in ten weeks done any work of a tactical nature with the players they knew they had for certain so that any new players only had to slot in to a structure that was already there and would be covered by everyone else knowing their jobs...................

and the players are tired because of all the games they have played .............. the same number as every other team in the division.......... should try non league where players play the games, train and hold down a job...............

Also looking for a 20 goal striker from an out of contract player, but there aren't any because any good ones have been snapped up by clubs doing their business earlier .......

still lack physicality at the back that's just a small problem ............. no it isn't and the decisions made have added to it ...........

Couldn't make this up really....................

JimmyHillsbeard

That's what he will have been doing. We only signed Sterry and Wright late last week and had a game on sat, so early this week will have been the 1st time this collective group will have trained together.

"We had a meeting yesterday and then were out on the grass for more than two hours in the morning session which was the first time this group of players has had any chance to do any sessions with any meaning"
Except TM said

“So it’s the first time we have done any team work coaching, working on responsibilities, jobs and roles within the team."

harvey098

I think he's just bad at communication. You really think for the last however many weeks the players have just been going out to the training pitch on their own without direction? Of corse there has been proper training going on, he's just conveyed his words poorly.

hill83

In that case it's gif time.

iltcZyM.gif

dongonzalos

For me it's quite obvious he is talking in the concept of new players coming in over the last week
Sterry
Wright
so knowing they were leaving recruitment late they haven't in ten weeks done any work of a tactical nature with the players they knew they had for certain so that any new players only had to slot in to a structure that was already there and would be covered by everyone else knowing their jobs...................

and the players are tired because of all the games they have played .............. the same number as every other team in the division.......... should try non league where players play the games, train and hold down a job...............

Also looking for a 20 goal striker from an out of contract player, but there aren't any because any good ones have been snapped up by clubs doing their business earlier .......

still lack physicality at the back that's just a small problem ............. no it isn't and the decisions made have added to it ...........

Couldn't make this up really....................

This is why I believe he always just says it as it is.
Even if it doesn't sound great.
He doesn't use sound bites instead.

stevefloyd

He hasn't had them all together because he's been enjoying the noneymoon period...but now thats over

chiefdave

He spoke about this on the radio. Said that when its Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday then you've only got time to prepare for the next match. I'm guessing the don't train the day after a game so they'd be off Sunday, in on a Monday doing prep for the Tuesday games, off Wednesday, in Thursday and Friday to prep for Saturday.

With no Tuesday game he has a full week to work with them.

Ashdown

So we struggled to recruit first choices
Process delayed and unsuccessful
Club can't attract who he wants
Not really done the coaching either despite being back in training since July

I think Tony needs a PR man and have his mouth zipped up in the meantime or he's readying everyone for I'm off it wasn't my fault !?

Nick

Administrator
So we struggled to recruit first choices
Process delayed and unsuccessful
Club can't attract who he wants
Not really done the coaching either despite being back in training since July

I think Tony needs a PR man and have his mouth zipped up in the meantime or he's readying everyone for I'm off it wasn't my fault !?

He can't tell everybody it's not his fault when he goes if he keeps pretty much saying it is...

oucho

For those who point to the "2 games per week since the start of the season", do remember that's the same for every other club in our division. The explanation for the fact we're second bottom clearly lies elsewhere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

At this rate I can't see him being here next season, for whatever reason that might be. He'll orchestrate it to look like SISU's fault regardless anyway, everyone hates them so much that he could lead us to relegation and still wouldn't take much of the blame.

It doesn't surprise me that they haven't been training properly, you can kind of tell on some stuff. The poor team we have and the lack of training is inexcusable really, what's the point in preseason? The excuses people are making and the 'It'll be alright in September' and 'other clubs are/were in the same position' are getting tiring too. I can't see anything other than a long hard season at the moment.

I say that and hopefully now we'll beat Millwall 4-0 again!

oucho

Perhaps he is trying to engineer the bullet so he gets his contract paid up ?!
No. He only came here to re-build his reputation and engineer a step back towards top level management. He won't do that by deliberately underachieving. He's giving it a good go here, but he does seem to have lost his way.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He spoke about this on the radio. Said that when its Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday then you've only got time to prepare for the next match. I'm guessing the don't train the day after a game so they'd be off Sunday, in on a Monday doing prep for the Tuesday games, off Wednesday, in Thursday and Friday to prep for Saturday.

With no Tuesday game he has a full week to work with them.

Question - what does "prep" consist of ? Got to involve knowing the system and position you are going to play doesn't it?

Nick

Administrator
Question - what does "prep" consist of ? Got to involve knowing the system and position you are going to play doesn't it?

You would think so.

In this you would think they would tinker with the system depending on who we are playing against.

Esoterica

You would think so.

In this you would think they would tinker with the system depending on who we are playing against.

Or better still, don't change it to a bloody 5-3-2 when we have barely trained it and are still to recruit the players to actually suit it in the first place. It just adds another slice of absolute madness on top of everything else going on!

Ccfc1979

I like Mowbray and want him to stay but I do believe he has got the recruitment and start to the season wrong. However, I think what he's saying here is he has been working on tactics and training game to game as we've played twice a week rather than they've done no work. Now he knows, unfortunately, the players we DO have they can do more overarching tactics and training with the personnel in the club whilst we had a midweek break.

Users who are viewing this thread