Mowbray Press Conference (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Mowbray on Loan Players

“There can’t be any switching off from any of the players, they have to give everything in every game and if they don’t then I’ll take them out of the squad.”

Not sure what games he has been watching all season, but that is a bit Pressley esque.

Also said he is still learning this level about physicality, hopefully get some strength in!

Covstu

Again goes back to the problem off loan players and commitment to the cause etc but this also should apply to anyone who isn't performing to the expected standard. Lets see what the next influx of loanees we get next season.....

steve82

Not sure what games he has been watching all season, but that is a bit Pressley esque.

Also said he is still learning this level about physicality, hopefully get some strength in!

Like when Presley said some players will never play for this club again.... Think everyone did.
I do believe that TM has learned a lot about football at this level. Strong minded and physical players are what's needed. I think it's a good thing we play Bradford and sheff utd so close to the end of the season. Both strong physical sides, hopefully it leaves a lasting impression for his next round of recruitment heading into the summer.

Nick

Administrator
Like when Presley said some players will never play for this club again.... Think everyone did.
I do believe that TM has learned a lot about football at this level. Strong minded and physical players are what's needed. I think it's a good thing we play Bradford and sheff utd so close to the end of the season. Both strong physical sides, hopefully it leaves a lasting impression for his next round of recruitment heading into the summer.

Hopefully we do get a bit of beef in!

rupert_bear

Some strange comments by a seasoned manager, still learning ! ffs! The more I hear and listen to him the more I wonder how long he will be here or should I say WANTS to be here. Not moved down here yet from the North East, long trek that is everyday or even every other day

steve82

Some strange comments by a seasoned manager, still learning ! ffs! The more I hear and listen to him the more I wonder how long he will be here or should I say WANTS to be here. Not moved down here yet from the North East, long trek that is everyday or even every other day
Not really, would sir Alex or Jose step into the league and take a team up? No, need to learn the level and type of characters needed to succeed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

I agree but at pro football you need to learn bloody quick and the writing on our wall was there before Christmas and looking at our team set-up he still ain't learnt

steve82

I agree but at pro football you need to learn bloody quick and the writing on our wall was there before Christmas and looking at our team set-up he still ain't learnt
Cannot judge if he's learned or not till after the summer, he was not able to change what he recruited last summer.

Nick

Administrator
Not really, would sir Alex or Jose step into the league and take a team up? No, need to learn the level and type of characters needed to succeed

Isn't that like saying when they go abroad they couldn't do it?

steve82

Isn't that like saying when they go abroad they couldn't do it?

Yeah could be seen that way... Depends on if it was a player or a manager you mean?
A player can rely on there ability to get them through till they adapt then excel or fail
A manager can either hit the ground running on there current knowledge or fail, until they learn then it's down to clubs ability to sign players in Windows from then on

Nick

Administrator
Yeah could be seen that way... Depends on if it was a player or a manager you mean?
A player can rely on there ability to get them through till they adapt then excel or fail
A manager can either hit the ground running on there current knowledge or fail, until they learn then it's down to clubs ability to sign players in Windows from then on
But why would clubs just keep signing players if the manager doesn't know?

The Reverend Skyblue

These big physical sides must laugh their collective bollocks off when they saw Maddison with his bloody Alice band, Lameries and Kent ,when he was here, run on the pitch. They all look like they are ten years old.

Cant believe the comment from Mowbray about still learning the physical side to this league, did he think all the sides played tippy bloody tappy football, hells bells that's ignorance of the highest level. Look at Sheef Utd and all the rest ,they are all built like brick shithouses.

ceetee

These big physical sides must laugh their collective bollocks off when they saw Maddison with his bloody Alice band, Lameries and Kent ,when he was here, run on the pitch. They all look like they are ten years old.

Cant believe the comment from Mowbray about still learning the physical side to this league, did he think all the sides played tippy bloody tappy football, hells bells that's ignorance of the highest level. Look at Sheef Utd and all the rest ,they are all built like brick shithouses.

Yes, and althogh Jones looks an exciting player, how long beforw the heavies "teach him a lesson"

chiefdave

The annoyance I have with press conferences is when we get into the same thing every week and being told things we clearly know aren't correct.

All the we'll sort it next week and everything is great, we're all working hard stuff is hard to take when we're in this sort of form.

Not suggesting he has to come out and blast the players or anything but something based in the real world would be nice. Just an indication that he knows what the problem is and is working to fix it.

steve82

I'd like him to come out and say we're fucked till the summer, bare with us. I've a plan to change it all. Chin up.

skybluegod

Haven't people been begging for TM to give answers, and show to everyone that he has learnt from his mistakes. Has he literally not just come out admitted the mistakes and said he is trying to learn?
Can he not win? If he keeps quiet he's a twat. If he talks he's a twat?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

steve82

Haven't people been begging for TM to give answers, and show to everyone that he has learnt from his mistakes. Has he literally not just come out admitted the mistakes and said he is trying to learn?
Can he not win? If he keeps quiet he's a twat. If he talks he's a twat?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. Can't please everyone unfortunately.

SkyBlueRuffian

Mowbray on Loan Players

“There can’t be any switching off from any of the players, they have to give everything in every game and if they don’t then I’ll take them out of the squad."

Unless your name is Jacob Murphy. If he plays tomorrow after the crap he shown at Wigan, then TM would be taking the piss.

Nick

Administrator
Mowbray on Loan Players

“There can’t be any switching off from any of the players, they have to give everything in every game and if they don’t then I’ll take them out of the squad."

Unless your name is Jacob Murphy. If he plays tomorrow after the crap he shown at Wigan, then TM would be taking the piss.

That's what I mean, it is like Pressley threatening shit and it not happening. That was the first sign he had lost the dressing room as well!

If you look at our squad we have the "physicality" in the height department ie 6 ft + bean poles but some of them could do with several helpings of bangers and mash + a couple of pints of Guinness. Maddison for example looks like he has the beginnings of a food disorder problem and in urgent need of medical attention.

So let the canteen dinner ladies ladle up extra rations ASAP and fill the lads out a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread