Moving House (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

I have started the process of moving house for hopefully the last but one time. I'm moving back to Diss in Norfolk, and i must say moving gets worse every time you have to do it.
Up to my eyeballs in cardboard boxes, and i see no end to it. It is my third time of moving and i know i will have to do it again fairly soon, as i'm renting initially then looking for a permanent house in the area.

My advice is do whatever you can to improve your house so preventing and thoughts of moving , it really is hell and bloody boring to boot.Also relations with the missus can get very strained at times which just adds to the awfulness

The Rev

harvey098

Speaking as an estate agent... Please no one take the revs advice or I'll be looking for a new job haha. But I understand where you are coming from rev, can be a very stressfull time.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have just sat and worked out that since I was born (early 1950's) I have had 35 addresses (maybe a couple more). That's not included time spent in Armed Forces. Think it's time I settled down!

The Reverend Skyblue

I have just sat and worked out that since I was born (early 1950's) I have had 35 addresses (maybe a couple more). That's not included time spent in Armed Forces. Think it's time I settled down!

You have done this 35 bloody times, can i ask you, are you still married to the women you moved first with.
You deserve a medal for doing it 35 times

The Rev

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nah! I was brought up in care so was moved around a lot. Then been married 3 times, lived in various flats and bedsits in between, so yeah, it's a lot. Sometimes wake in the morning wondering where I am! :D

The Reverend Skyblue

The relationship between myself and the missus today, has been very much like the one between North and South Korea
Hopefully better day tomorrow, i've even been shown how to pack a box today, i'm only 48

The Rev

the thing that's always winds me up the most is the amount of people I have to contact to let them know ... Gas electric water car insurance etc.... and it seems impossible to do it online so have to ring loads of people

Covstu

Yes but supporting city is an ongoing pain whereas you only have to put up with house moving a few weeks

Users who are viewing this thread