Moussa & Murphy (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Both out of contract in the summer but, correct me if I'm wrong, we've heard nothing from Waggott or SP on them getting a new deal. Sounds similar to the Richard Wood situation last year, no mention of a contract renewal and then come May it was no surprise.

Can understand both wanting to move on at the end of the season (both could probably cut in the lower half of the Champ) but surely we should at least have an offer on the table?

torchomatic

How do you know there isn't an offer on the table?

Marty

I hope we keep both, both are very good at this level and any replacement is likely to be significantly worse.

runner

I seem to recall that they did say both had been offered new contracts, however, Moussa considering his age and stage in his career, plus the way he is performing right now and taking into account how fragile we are, in a company context, is bound to leave his options open to see what offers he has tabled to him ... or rather his agent, in the summer. It will be a real shame to lose him, but I do think, sadly, we will ... as for Murphy, he's quality too ... but I do agree with an above poster, we have a better chance of securing his services.

RoboCCFC90

I also think Baker is out of contract at the end of this season as well (could be wrong), all three of Moussa, Murphy and Baker need new deals, to say there isn't anything of a new contract because there is no noise wouldn't be correct, we didn't know that the offers were made to Conor Thomas, Aaron Phillips and Jordan Clarke when they signed new deals, I would say keep patient and I am sure SP is aware and looking at it.

mighty quinn

No chance of playoffs now .sisu will trim wage bill.the best players will go its what they do best.and some people will still defend these parrisites.

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

No chance of playoffs now .sisu will trim wage bill.the best players will go its what they do best.and some people will still defend these parrisites.

The issue is Quinn while we remain at Sixfields with the lack of revenue FFP will just restrict this anyhow, it's not all on the door step of Sisu.

mighty quinn

They chose to not pay rent and chose to play at sixfeilds.they will be fully responsible for what will be another down wood spiral to league 2.if said it all along its Ricoh or bleak future .rent or buy.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I also think Baker is out of contract at the end of this season as well (could be wrong), all three of Moussa, Murphy and Baker need new deals, to say there isn't anything of a new contract because there is no noise wouldn't be correct, we didn't know that the offers were made to Conor Thomas, Aaron Phillips and Jordan Clarke when they signed new deals, I would say keep patient and I am sure SP is aware and looking at it.

Baker out of contract in 2015. You're right - I'm sure SP isn't so negligent as to not offer them new deals earlier in the season.

J

Jack Griffin

How do you know there isn't an offer on the table?

I'm sure there is, but I'd think both would be wanting out, after all both were in the championship a few years ago and salaries are a lot higher there if you can get a contract.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm sure there is, but I'd think both would be wanting out, after all both were in the championship a few years ago and salaries are a lot higher there if you can get a contract.

That's the worry. Until 'we' get our home sorted out, any player will surely be hesitant to commit - the main plus for the players is the fantastic away support they receive - but how will that hold up if results start to fall away as they inevitably will (as the squad shrinks in quality due to SISU's apparent financial 'strategy' (please don't ask me what it is though) ! As an aside, I usually pride myself in being able to construct a sentence....But, re-reading this post ! :pointlaugh:

Users who are viewing this thread