Motd goalkeepers (1 Viewer)

Grendel

They I don’t think are great friends

ccfcway

Haven’t seen match of the day for years, but happened to see that tonight.

People sitting in a kitchen, drinking and slagging off oggy.

Its like sky blues talk tv

Blind-Faith

I did like Ian Wright going on about how much he hated schmiechel , you could still here is in his voice now!

Grendel

I hate Ian Wright, not sure why the inarticulate idiot has a job on TV tbh. Not that the other pundits are much better, apart from Chris Sutton and Pat Nevin

The likes of him and Savage are a total embarrassment

Brighton Sky Blue

I hate Ian Wright, not sure why the inarticulate idiot has a job on TV tbh. Not that the other pundits are much better, apart from Chris Sutton and Pat Nevin

He wears glasses to look intellectual. I like Gary Lineker as he has the words and footballing kudos but few others have both.

Tomh111

The secret footballer books (Widely acknowledged now as Dave Kitson) slate most pundits - with the exception of Gary Neville.

He reckons Savage, Mills and certain others were forced into punditry because they were taken to the cleaners by dodgy scams and HMRC chasing them for back taxes.

For what it's worth I like Ian Wright, he isnt the most articulate but he does talk sense and offers some insight. Others I like, Keane, Neville and Jenas - but it is slim pickings.

Liquid Gold

Idiots like Ian Wright because he has "pashun" when doing England games. I'd rather a pundit that can give me more insight into the game than a toddler.

Sick Boy

Ian Wright is a dickhead, he should have been sacked after having to mock Roy Keane’s accents because he couldn’t articulate a response.

Grendel

Sutton is great now on five line pretty much saying premier league footballers are overpaid greedy and entitled with dumbo savage trying to defend them - then on the rangers absurd attempts to cancel Celtic’s title Savage tries to take the piss out of Sutton

Sutton witheringly turns and asks why Savage defends Rangers when as a third tier club he begged McCoist to play him for nothing and he still said you weren’t good enough

SBAndy

Sutton is great now on five line pretty much saying premier league footballers are overpaid greedy and entitled with dumbo savage trying to defend them - then on the rangers absurd attempts to cancel Celtic’s title Savage tries to take the piss out of Sutton

Sutton witheringly turns and asks why Savage defends Rangers when as a third tier club he begged McCoist to play him for nothing and he still said you weren’t good enough

Amazed you like Sutton, thought he would be too cynical for you.

rob9872

I like what sutton says but I hate his voice

SlowerThanPlatt

The phone in on a Saturday is good with him and ABB - the Sunday one is horrendous though whenever I’ve listened

Crouch’s is good but a lot of what gets told on there is already in his book

SlowerThanPlatt

The secret footballer books (Widely acknowledged now as Dave Kitson) slate most pundits - with the exception of Gary Neville.

He reckons Savage, Mills and certain others were forced into punditry because they were taken to the cleaners by dodgy scams and HMRC chasing them for back taxes.

For what it's worth I like Ian Wright, he isnt the most articulate but he does talk sense and offers some insight. Others I like, Keane, Neville and Jenas - but it is slim pickings.

On the Secret Footballer it’s definitely Kitson. He was criticising Gordon Taylor before on his account and has now put his case forward to be the new PFA chief exec which has been scrutinised by plenty of ex and current pros. He seems obsessed with getting his name out there and after his comments on Sterling was always going to cause a negative reaction

bringbackrattles

Ian Wright never shuts up. Says "fink" instead of think, and says " fort" instead of thought. Watched it last night and he took over the whole programme. Lineker comes across okay and Shearer too, but Ian Wright I bet is still talking about himself now on and on and on !

NortonSkyBlue

Wright carried the show last week and last night was the most interesting imo.
He is also the most self depreciating and has something to say.

Terry_dactyl

Wright carried the show last week and last night was the most interesting imo.
He is also the most self depreciating and has something to say.
Im really enjoying the current motd format and I think all three have come across well. Like you say, Wright has been self-deprecating but also insightful. Which I hadn’t really expected. He can also be funny. I certainly don’t agree with some of the things he says all the time and he’s not always funny but it’s been a genuine highlight of the week for me. I am someone who is not a regular motd viewer as I previously couldn’t be arsed with the obviously scripted ‘banter’ but this has been good.
As an aside, I was at that arsenal game and was sat right at the front. the reason he did for oggy was because oggy was holding on to his leg and preventing him from scoring. Still should’ve been sent off but wasn’t entirely without provocation.

Users who are viewing this thread