Most goals ever by a single player in a championship season (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So with Ivan toney scoring his 26th goal last night, it got me thinking would he become the highest scorer ever in the championship this season, turn out he's still a long way from being the highest ever... Guy Whittingham scored 42 goals in a championship season(since becoming the championship / division 1 after Premier league formation) , that's incredible, I think he will go above Lee Hughes..
Championship: Top Scorers

Last edited:

pastythegreat

So with Ivan toney scoring his 26th goal last night, it got me thinking would he become the highest scorer ever in the championship this season, turn out he's still a long way from being the highest ever... Guy Whittingham scored 42 goals in a championship season, that's incredible, I think he will go above Lee Hughes..
Scratch number 2 off of that list. Like WWE did with Chris Benoit we should completely delete that c**t from football history books.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

So with Ivan toney scoring his 26th goal last night, it got me thinking would he become the highest scorer ever in the championship this season, turn out he's still a long way from being the highest ever... Guy Whittingham scored 42 goals in a championship season, that's incredible, I think he will go above Lee Hughes..
Was the Whittingham one a 46 game season? I've got a feeling it would have been when the league was smaller

Grendel

So Ive looked this up and it's actually the first season after the formation of the premier league guy Whittingham did this and it was 46 games

He scored 48 in all competitions incredible really

fernandopartridge

So Ive looked this up and it's actually the first season after the formation of the premier league guy Whittingham did this and it was 46 games
Really? I'd assumed cos there were 22 teams in the PL for the first 3 seasons that the other leagues would be smaller but suppose that doesn't make sense really!

Users who are viewing this thread