morrison? (1 Viewer)

City Nut

i saw on the net earlier that we are trying to get morrison on a free from palace.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed!

Although he didnt really do that well at Birmingham he seems to have done a job for palace, plus he is the sort of player you would like up front with Best :)

Peter Griffin

I don't rate him, personally. He's very arrogant and is the wrong age IMO. With Ranson naming Rasiak and Morrisson on the Official Siote I wouldn't be surprised if they were just trying to up the ante and get Wolves to concede to a deal.

CCFC87

I'm not to sure about Clinton Morrison myself. So I have been looking at his stats and this is what I have found.

Years Club App (Goals)
1997–2002 Crystal Palace 157 (62)
2002–2005 Birmingham City 087 (14)
2005– 2008 Crystal Palace 125 (41)

Total 2 Clubs 369 (117)
Goals to Games Ratio (0.31)

Looking at the stats I would say city need someone with alot more goals in them than that. Plus I also think Morrison would be on very high wages too. It just seems like another Stephen Hughes.

ccfc1987

dont he have the same agent as freddy eastwood ?maybe its a ploy to get freddy to sign for cov or might be signing the pair of them,

Peter Griffin

According to reports in London he wants to stay in or aorund London, meaning either QPR or Reading:

MORRISON WANTS LONDON STAY
Be the first reader to comment on this story

Clinton eyes capital

CLINTON Morrison is likely to resist a move to Coventry City in a bid to secure himself a club in London, the Advertiser can reveal.

It had been reported that the Sky Blues were "99 per cent down the line" with regards to a move for Morrison -- however, the Advertiser has since learned that the Palace legend is reluctant to leave his London base and would prefer to move to a club in the capital.

Morrison's Eagles deal expired on Tuesday and he has been linked with free transfers to Southampton, Reading, QPR, Norwich and Chris Coleman's City side.

But Morrison is ready to snub Coleman's approach such is his desire to stay in London, leaving QPR and Reading as his only viable possibilities.

However, the Tooting-born forward could still find himself leaving the Big Smoke should Iain Dowie or Steve Coppell fail to follow up their reported interest.

The SE25 club have offered the striker a two-year-deal and it is understood that Morrison's preference is to stay at Palace -- but without the guarantee of first-team football, Morrison's hand could be forced to seek a move away from the club.

Fuelling speculation of a move, the former Birmingham City forward failed to turn up to the first day of pre-season training on Wednesday.

However, Palace chief Neil Warnock played down the significance of Morrison's absence. He told the Advertiser: "Clinton's out of contract and it wasn't compulsory for him to show up on the Wednesday so I wouldn't read too much into it."

I can't say I'm particularly fussed, I just hope this might resolve the Eastwood saga!

Peter Griffin

Some say QPR, others are saying City. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This was on http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=33108

cmorrison3.jpg
Morrison nearing Sky Blues move

July 10, 2008

Former Republic of Ireland international Clinton Morrison is expected to sign for Championship outfit Coventry City later this week after Crystal Palace withdrew a new deal for the striker.

Morrison had been offered the chance to stay on at Selhurst Park, but will now leave for free after he turned down the Eagles’ latest offer and City manager Chris Coleman has admitted that the Irishman is a player he would like to bring in.

“He’s very capable of scoring goals at this level. If I said we weren’t interested I’d be telling you a lie because there maybe a conversation there, but there will be others in for Clinton,” said Coleman.

Morrison has a proven track record in the championship scoring goals wherever he has been and Coleman is keen to link him up with Wolves striker Freddy Eastwood, who is also a target for the Sky Blues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread