Morning troops (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Funnily enough I am currently sitting in a hospital sleep clinic waiting room...for advice/treatment for snoring. Keep the wife awake most nights. I often wake up more tired than I should due to apnea whilst snoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Funnily enough I am currently sitting in a hospital sleep clinic waiting room...for advice/treatment for snoring. Keep the wife awake most nights. I often wake up more tired than I should due to apnea whilst snoring.
Have you done the test yet? I've had health issues for a few years now and nobody has ever mentioned sleep. Went to the doctors with something unrelated to my other health issues, the fact that I fell asleep at the traffic lights and was worried about driving, and got sent to the sleep clinic.

They did the test (just a machine you take home for the night) and it was off the scale. Doctor said he was surprised I hadn't had a massive heart attack or stroke as I was essentially getting zero sleep going back who knows how long which would be putting a huge strain on my system. They now think that's the root cause of all the other issues I've been having.

lifeskyblue

Have you done the test yet? I've had health issues for a few years now and nobody has ever mentioned sleep. Went to the doctors with something unrelated to my other health issues, the fact that I fell asleep at the traffic lights and was worried about driving, and got sent to the sleep clinic.

They did the test (just a machine you take home for the night) and it was off the scale. Doctor said he was surprised I hadn't had a massive heart attack or stroke as I was essentially getting zero sleep going back who knows how long which would be putting a huge strain on my system. They now think that's the root cause of all the other issues I've been having.

That sounds a lot worse than me Dave. Hopefully now they are tackling your sleeping the other health issues are improving.

Yes I did the test a few weeks ago and the result was higher than ‘normal’ apnea (but not significantly higher). The SATs were a little low. But the worst bit was the snoring result....on the night of the test 84.3% of the night I spent snoring...no wonder the wife keeps threatening to kick me into the spare room. I now have some sympathy for her. They hope that by tackling the snoring the apnea incidents will reduce to safe levels. They said if I was younger they may recommend breaking the jaw and moving it forward to create more room in my throat. I’m glad I’m 61 not 21.

Sky Blue Pete

That sounds a lot worse than me Dave. Hopefully now they are tackling your sleeping the other health issues are improving.

Yes I did the test a few weeks ago and the result was higher than ‘normal’ apnea (but not significantly higher). The SATs were a little low. But the worst bit was the snoring result....on the night of the test 84.3% of the night I spent snoring...no wonder the wife keeps threatening to kick me into the spare room. I now have some sympathy for her. They hope that by tackling the snoring the apnea incidents will reduce to safe levels. They said if I was younger they may recommend breaking the jaw and moving it forward to create more room in my throat. I’m glad I’m 61 not 21.

Bloody hell

Users who are viewing this thread