More unfit owners (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Looks like sunderland are the latest club to be run buy an owner who cant or wont support the club financially. Is this really owners that arnt fit or proper or is it just owners being sensible with their money and running clubs responsibly in the black

The EFL need to do more to stop people like SD buying clubs

Nick

Administrator
They are losing games so shouting about owners, standard.

Fans want a Billionaire who will throw millions in and never want a penny back. Then when losing a few games walk away with nothing from it.

It will be the EFL they moan about next.

D

Deleted member 2477

Sounds very similar to us a couple of years a go. For all the other things wrong with sisu they have still supported MR and we are financially self supporting

covboy1987

Looks like sunderland are the latest club to be run buy an owner who cant or wont support the club financially. Is this really owners that arnt fit or proper or is it just owners being sensible with their money and running clubs responsibly in the black

The EFL need to do more to stop people like SD buying clubs
How can Sunderland moan about poor ownership - Stuart Donaldson has turned the club right around -they have the biggest budget in league 1 by a considerable mile

block16

just because a team is shite doesn’t always mean the owners bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if the money they’ve spent on wages and transfer fees since being in league one is the most anyone’s ever spent at this level. Laughable fan base

Nick

Administrator
just because a team is shite doesn’t always mean the owners bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if the money they’ve spent on wages and transfer fees since being in league one is the most anyone’s ever spent at this level. Laughable fan base

They bought a striker for £4m....

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I for one pro Stuart Donald - his allowance of wages for certain players has given us a moment like this:

Attachments

• D6168983-C7AA-4542-A6A8-83C1825F9069.png
    D6168983-C7AA-4542-A6A8-83C1825F9069.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sounds very similar to us a couple of years a go. For all the other things wrong with sisu they have still supported MR and we are financially self supporting

To an extent. We still need cashflow topping up each year via loans but it's definitely a better system than those they did before. First bought a few young players to develop but then sold them all on when we didn't go up for short-term profit - had a very negative impact. Then they just decided to not put in funding at all and that was even worse.

There is still very much the potential that we could end up in the shit very quickly if SISU changed their plans, but I think that's probably true of most clubs and their owners. It's always looked like a bubble that could burst at a moments notice and if it weren't for the effect on fans and communities I wouldn't be that bothered if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread