more Sisu bu ll !!! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

How is it possible to not have set budgets and file accounts. But be able to make an offer for Norwood and quote it is important to stay within budget.

Lord_Nampil

On cwr on Friday there was an interview with Waggott, if you can have a listen to it!

From that i got out a budget had been agreed and the accounts were ready to go, there only hold back was Joy signing them off.

If we have made an offer for Norwood, i would imagine it is very small as the budget mentioned was roughly 4 million pounds for the season. Unless the money is going to come from else where??

who knows but i recommend you listen to the interview!

mexico88

Excellent point.

Total Contradiction and the paper just prints it like it's news?

Surely as a reporter for the SISU Evening Telegraph, this would be your first question?

Reporter: "Andy, you've stated that as long as the board back you with a competitive budget that you'll be here next season. Are you happy with the budget you've been given for next season, hence your commitment to this point?"

AT: "Yes"

Reporter: "Great news, so do you think it's wrong that the owners of the football club are using a negotiation stance of 'we can't set a competitive budget until we know how much we're paying for the rent."

AT: "Well, we're working on an estimated budget until we know for sure what there will be available for players".

Reporter: "Great, so do you think it's wrong that you've convinced several signings to put pen to paper once the embargo is lifted, asking them not to sign for other clubs, despite having no idea if you will in fact be able to offer them a contract?"

AT: "I'm confident that we'll be able to offer them a contract, I've had verbal agreements on the budget available to me"

Reporter: "So will you still resign if you don't get the budget you have agreed or if your best players are sold or new contracts not agreed"

Grendel

Excellent point.

Total Contradiction and the paper just prints it like it's news?

Surely as a reporter for the SISU Evening Telegraph, this would be your first question?

Reporter: "Andy, you've stated that as long as the board back you with a competitive budget that you'll be here next season. Are you happy with the budget you've been given for next season, hence your commitment to this point?"

AT: "Yes"

Reporter: "Great news, so do you think it's wrong that the owners of the football club are using a negotiation stance of 'we can't set a competitive budget until we know how much we're paying for the rent."

AT: "Well, we're working on an estimated budget until we know for sure what there will be available for players".

Reporter: "Great, so do you think it's wrong that you've convinced several signings to put pen to paper once the embargo is lifted, asking them not to sign for other clubs, despite having no idea if you will in fact be able to offer them a contract?"

AT: "I'm confident that we'll be able to offer them a contract, I've had verbal agreements on the budget available to me"

Reporter: "So will you still resign if you don't get the budget you have agreed or if your best players are sold or new contracts not agreed"

AT: "No, I'm as much a part of it as the rest if the SISU bunch. Just keep it quite eh, as the only contract I'm interested in is mine. All I need to do is a bit of slagging my mates on the board off at the end of the season and the fans love me. I can do it all again then next season in Division Two!"

:jerkit:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Answer - The interest in Norwood is not genuine so doesn't effect our budget and just a plot to get fans to buy season tickets.

dongonzalos

On cwr on Friday there was an interview with Waggott, if you can have a listen to it!

From that i got out a budget had been agreed and the accounts were ready to go, there only hold back was Joy signing them off.

If we have made an offer for Norwood, i would imagine it is very small as the budget mentioned was roughly 4 million pounds for the season. Unless the money is going to come from else where??

who knows but i recommend you listen to the interview!

Would you mind putting a new post on here somewhere with a summary of what you can remember hearing in the interview. I listened to CWR on Friday but somehow missed this. I think this post is important but may get lost in this particualr thread and probably needs its own.

Then other who heard the interview can add stuff

grego_gee

notes on the Waggott interview

we are restructuring and refreshing
we have a strategic framework, looking at range of players
transfer embargo, "don't forget Cov is a huge club" the Richo impresses
working hard to file accounts
we are lining up players for when the embargo is lifted.
yes a lot is going on, we need the embargo lifted asap.
how do you get on with Thorny? we've hit it off.
we want a successfull season next year, we want to make it positive
what kind of players? we want players (a couple of wide players) in the cusp of their career about to make their mark in the game.
FFP still evolving rules, last season 75% of eligible income (not all turnover)
this year 65%. if we dont hit it - we get another transfer embargo
certain get-outs signings before 9/11.
2013-14 60%
players demands will have to drop!
its for the overall benefit of football.
Football has previously had over enthusiastic benefactors fueling it but now must learn to live within its means.
FFP will also have a bearing on negotiating contracts of existing players like Keogh & Cranie
(all contracts after 9/11 becomes cost of the squad)
Its all going into a spreadsheet that has to be done by 22/6/12.
The Keogh-Cranie talks are going well, we understand their value to the team and we are stressing to them the benefits of staying in their established homes etc "and that the club hopefully will be on a journey of positivity back to the Championship and you would be two of the players to lead us back, hopefully"
they have received all that news positively but the Devil is always in the detail of contracts that are affordable
Still a long way to go but they both love the club. However they are both professional footballers and will have to look if any calls come from the prem or chamionship.
We need everyone to be involved its important for the whole city.
the aim next season is to bounce straight back

:pimp:

Last edited:

italiahorse

Oh it's always about to 'just happen'

Cut the crap City and tell us when it's DONE.

Exactly
Its all about trying to produce news when everybody is keeping mum.
Its all going on behind the scenes and they are not going to give us a running commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread