More players coming in...ideas? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Encouraged by Slades ability to get players in immediately that look like they can make a difference. Also even more encouraging to hear him say more are coming in with intent on now not at the end of the window.

Has anyone got a thought or two on who he may be targeting?

It also sounded like Stevenson may not be going anywhere and Willis genuinely injured.

skybluedan

Got to be an expierienced keeper , with stokes coming back as well and an ajose or Simpson in would be nice

Otis

I saw Slade was getting very annoyed with Burge today and his distribution.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Another centre half and a striker for me. Then maybe 2 sprinkles of quality in midfield or out wide. Of course if sterry goes we have to replace him too.

ccfclinney

No chance of dean cox.. he's ruled it out on twitter saying .. "no chance, I'm happy where Iam" and said hope Russel takes us back up the league, fair play to him.

skybluedan

No chance of dean cox.. he's ruled it out on twitter saying .. "no chance, I'm happy where Iam" and said hope Russel takes us back up the league, fair play to him.

The story come from the ct and Simon giblet?
Saying we were after him like

BigadamL

Otisst: 1234004 said:

I think the only people not getting frustrated with his distribution were the Bolton fans!

Sky Blue Pete

I counted once he kicked it straight out of play. Could certainly have released the ball earlier in the 2nd half. It's one area where rcc is significantly better. Thought his handling was excellent though

Otis

I counted once he kicked it straight out of play. Could certainly have released the ball earlier in the 2nd half. It's one area where rcc is significantly better. Thought his handling was excellent though
It was twice he kicked it straight out of play. Once in the first half and once in the second.

Terry Gibson's perm

Remind me again who is the goalie coach, Steve look for the valve before you kick it out of touch Ogrizivic (that took done typing)

steve82

Dean cox is a non starter for me.
Jay Simpson I'm 50/50 on him, could happen. Russell Slade only managed him for 11 games at Orient, it's Kevin Nugent who would be the lure to bring him here. Nugent was assistant at Orient for 4 years I think before going to Charlton to link back up with Slade.

I think we do need a experienced keeper or go back to RCC.
Part of RS game is from keepers distribution and Burge was poor today, again! A few times clarke was signalling for Burge to collect but he was hesitant to come.

chiefdave

What keepers are there that we could realistically get? If we want someone experienced its going to have to be someone who isn't getting a game elsewhere. Is there anyone that fits the bill?

Astute

What keepers are there that we could realistically get? If we want someone experienced its going to have to be someone who isn't getting a game elsewhere. Is there anyone that fits the bill?
The higher up a club is the more decent keepers they can afford to have.

Gazolba

It was twice he kicked it straight out of play. Once in the first half and once in the second.
So he's consistent. I've been saying we need a new goalie for two seasons.

steve82

I think RCC suits the RS way better but he still has his downfalls too.

I'm sure now we've not got a game for over a week and nearly 2 in the league RS will start to get to work in training more now we're not preparing for a game.
A mini break if you like.

skyblue025

I think.k he is going to be working on fitness. He said the players need to be fitter. Conceding late goals often comes down to lack of fitness.

Astute

I think.k he is going to be working on fitness. He said the players need to be fitter. Conceding late goals often comes down to lack of fitness.
And whistles :shifty:

Warwickhunt

Robert green is a free agent I believe

Nick

Administrator
I'm still not 100% about centre and right midfield as well as a striker.

Also Right back depending on what happens with Sterry.

AL13N

I'm still not 100% about centre and right midfield as well as a striker.

Also Right back depending on what happens with Sterry.
Hey Nick, Jones hasn't figured in Slades teams yet. Any thoughts on why?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Hey Nick, Jones hasn't figured in Slades teams yet. Any thoughts on why?

I just think Slade has favoured experience wherever he's realistically had a choice. Tudgay and Reid back into the starting line ups, Harries out the squad, Stevenson on the bench with Bigi and Agyei. It looks like he feels this a job for men not boys. George Thomas being the only real exception.

AL13N

I just think Slade has favoured experience wherever he's realistically had a choice. Tudgay and Reid back into the starting line ups, Harries out the squad, Stevenson on the bench with Bigi and Agyei. It looks like he feels this a job for men not boys. George Thomas being the only real exception.
Good point, just thinks he makes a great sub with his pace.

Users who are viewing this thread